Let's discuss The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill...

Options
Rey Negro
Rey Negro Members Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭
edited September 2011 in R&B & Alternatives
Bruh....if i said how important this album was to my youth...it wouldn't do it justice. One of most beautiful pieces of music I ever heard.

cd-cover.jpg

Comments

• JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    My mother didn't trust my musical taste enough to let me buy my own CDs until i picked this album up. Yes i was that young when this album came out. I appreciate it now far more than i did then. "When It Hurts So Bad" is a deep record.
  • Rey Negro
    edited September 2011
    Options
    JokerzWyld wrote: »
    My mother didn't trust my musical taste enough to let me buy my own CDs until i picked this album up. Yes i was that young when this album came out. I appreciate it now far more than i did then. "When It Hurts So Bad" is a deep record.

lol. playing that song right now. "Ex Factor" probably the most realest ? i ever heard by a female artist.
  • chilly
    chilly Members Posts: 1,206 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Dope album, but I recently heard that she didn't write her own lyrics. Hopefully that's not true because that was some deep heartfelt ? on that album.
  • Mvpbrodie93
    Mvpbrodie93 Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    A Masterpiece... Lauren is the GOAT IMO.

The last classic album by a female artist
  • Rey Negro
    edited September 2011
    Options
  • runningwolf1980
    runningwolf1980 Members Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    i put at least one hill track on every mix cd i make...
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    One of the Greatest albums of all time, ANY GENRE. And Yes it's HIP HOP all day. Listen to those beats. Lauryn is a Legend off 2 Classic albums, "The Score" and "Miseducation". So don't tell me you can't be a Legend off 2 albums cause Lauryn is a living example of it. She still living off this LP till this day.
  • booty-gif-dot-com
    booty-gif-dot-com Members Posts: 1,357 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    5 MICS!

one of the best albums of All time of ANY GENRE!! its up there with Songs In the Key Of Life by Stevie Wonder, Purple Rain by Prince or Thriller by Michael.

Lauryn Rapped better than 95% of rap ? and sung better than 95% of R&B singers! and the Miseducation is Incredible I cant stop talking about how great this is!

the elements of Hip Hop, Neo Soul, Raggae and dancehall are all woven into this Eclectic Stew of Perfection. The decade of 2000-2009 was the worst in Hip Hops short history and part of the blame was the abscene when she went crazy and then went AWOL. phucking shame. really.
  • Rey Negro
    edited September 2011
    Options
    One of the Greatest albums of all time, ANY GENRE. And Yes it's HIP HOP all day. Listen to those beats. Lauryn is a Legend off 2 Classic albums, "The Score" and "Miseducation". So don't tell me you can't be a Legend off 2 albums cause Lauryn is a living example of it. She still living off this LP till this day.

lol. i make an exception for Lauryn. she sound like an angel on those records and I haven't heard a another female r&b/hiphop artist sound that good. 95% of hip hop artists will never drop nothing like The Miseducation. I know its hypocritical.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Funny. I was just on Twitter the other day telling my man this this is one album that NO ONE can front on.
  • runningwolf1980
    runningwolf1980 Members Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    5 MICS!

one of the best albums of All time of ANY GENRE!! its up there with Songs In the Key Of Life by Stevie Wonder, Purple Rain by Prince or Thriller by Michael.

Lauryn Rapped better than 95% of rap ? and sung better than 95% of R&B singers! and the Miseducation is Incredible I cant stop talking about how great this is!

the elements of Hip Hop, Neo Soul, Raggae and dancehall are all woven into this Eclectic Stew of Perfection. The decade of 2000-2009 was the worst in Hip Hops short history and part of the blame was the abscene when she went crazy and then went AWOL. phucking shame. really.
    cosign bolded ? wish they had bars like these I get mad frustrated when I rhyme
    Thinking of all the kids who try to do this
    For all the wrong reasons
    Seasons change, mad things rearrange
    But it all stays the same like the love Doctor Strange
    I'm tame like the rapper,
    Get red like a snapper when they do that
    Got your whole block saying"TRUE DAT"
    If only they knew that,
    It was you who was irregular,
    Sold your soul for some secular
    Muzak that's wack,
    Plus you use that loop over and over
    Claiming that you got a new style
    Your attempts are futile, Ooo chile
    Your puerile,
    Brain waves are sterile
    You can't create, you just wait to take, my tape's
    Laced with malice
    Hands get calloused
    From grippin' microphones from here to Dallas
    Go ask Alice if you don't believe me,
    I get Inner Visions like Stevie
    See me, ascend from the chalice like the weed be
    Indeed be like Khalil Muhammad
    MC's make me ?
    I get controversial
    Freak your style with no rehearsal
    Ooo, contraire mon frere
    Don't you even go there
    Me without a mic is like a beat without a snare
    I dare to tear into your ego,
    We go, way back like some ? and pelequo
    Or Coleco-Vision
    My mind makes incisions in your anatomy
    And I'll back this with Deuteronomy
    Or Leviticus, ? made this word
    You can't get with this
    Sweet like licorice,
    Dangerous like syphillis, yeah.

Behold, as my odes, manifold on your rhymes
    Two MC's can't occupy the same space at the same time.
    It's against the laws of Physics.
    So weep as your sweet dreams break up like Eurythmics
    Rap rejects my tape deck, ejects projectile
    Whether jew or gentile
    I rank top percentile,
    Many styles,
    More powerful than gamma rays
    My grammar pays,
    Like Carlos Sanatana plays
    Black Magic Woman
    So while you fuming, I'm consuming
    Mango juice under Polaris,
    You're just embarrassed
    Cause it's your "Last Tango in Paris"
    And even after all my logic and my theory,
    I add a muthaf**ker so you ignint ? hear me.
    And you remember take notes,
    As I sow my rap otas
    And for you biting zealots, here's a quote
  • Abossesof
    Abossesof Members Posts: 1
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Informiere uber standig neue Nachrichten im Bereich Finanzen auf
    Marketing and Finance!
    Nachrichten uber Aktien, Finanzen und Finanztipps findest du in kurzester Zeit auf Marketing and Finance.
    Wir diskutieren auch gerne Deine aktuelle Finanzsituation.
    Gucke noch heute vorbei!
  • beerisgood4ya
    beerisgood4ya Members Posts: 2,566
    edited September 2011
    Options
    one of my fav albums of all time..i still listen to some cuts off the album often, its safe to say her album has stood the hands of time = timeless classic album...i done seen the most thero ? big up this album, and of course this album is like the holy grail to most women....i wish lauryn would have continued to drop dope albums, i think the game would at least be more balanced at this point, just like how kanye changed the game with college drop out.
  • Rey Negro
    edited September 2011
    Options
    one of my fav albums of all time..i still listen to some cuts off the album often, its safe to say her album has stood the hands of time = timeless classic album...i done seen the most thero ? big up this album, and of course this album is like the holy grail to most women....i wish lauryn would have continued to drop dope albums, i think the game would at least be more balanced at this point, just like how kanye changed the game with college drop out.

she couldn't drop another album. people would unfairly compare everything she did to her first album. thats the biggest negative to dropping a heat rock as your debut.
  • CollegeBoi12
    CollegeBoi12 Members Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Timeless is the best word to describe this album
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options