The official average southern rapper>>east coast legend thread

Options
5th Letter
5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
edited September 2011 in The Face Off Forum
This seems to be a trend on here. I'm not saying a southern rapper cant be better than an east coast artist. But some of these comparisons are asinine. I remember folks were vouching for soulja boy by using the logic that since he used simple rhymes and run dmc were simple rappers that soulja boy was on par or better than run dmc.

Comments

• P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Why can't ya'll let 3K >>>>>> Biggie be reasonable?
  • 5th Letter
    edited September 2011
    Options
    That's the same day we let u ? >>scarface be a reasonable comparison.
  • P. Town
    edited September 2011
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »
    That's the same day we let u ? >>scarface be a reasonable comparison.

U-? >>>>> Scarface is in no way debatable though. U-? >>>>> Jizzal Man from Dem Franchize Boyz is reasonable. Andre 3K >>>>> Biggie is not only true, but reasonable and debatable
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    *Really doesn't understand how Andre isn't one of the greats but to each his own*. If this is a "real thread" then I agree, but if this is an undercover andre 3k hate thread ? outta here......
  • 5th Letter
    edited September 2011
    Options
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    U-? >>>>> Scarface is in no way debatable though. U-? >>>>> Jizzal Man from Dem Franchize Boyz is reasonable. Andre 3K >>>>> Biggie is not only true, but reasonable and debatable

Why is it "reasonable"
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    ehh i thinks its a way for the fans of those rappers to hype them up, maybe they want to drum up controversy or some other ? .....its crazy because they always comapare cats to the east i never seen a gucci mane>>>>>too short thread, so i came to the conclusion that they just want to rile up certain posters
  • 5th Letter
    edited September 2011
    Options
    *Really doesn't understand how Andre isn't one of the greats but to each his own*. If this is a "real thread" then I agree, but if this is an undercover andre 3k hate thread ? outta here......

This is not an undercover andre 3000 hate thread. I ? with outkast. Ptown brought up 3k
  • Miles HIGH
    Miles HIGH Members Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    This is so lame....
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    edited September 2011
    Options
    This is not an undercover andre 3000 hate thread. I ? with outkast. Ptown brought up 3k

Okay well in that case first ridiculous comparison that needs to be put to rest: Ross>Biggie. Besides the fact they rap about the streets and they fat they are nothing alike, and the comparison is ridiculous. And I ? wit Ross HEAVY
  • P. Town
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Why is it "reasonable"

3K is up to par with Biggie lyrically if not better. And 3K can craft his own music, Biggie needed Puffy for that.
  • rico_ENS
    rico_ENS Members Posts: 896 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    from what i see on the ic

everybody>>>>biggie

jay aint top 5

ross the goat.....
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    3K is up to par with Biggie lyrically if not better. And 3K can craft his own music, Biggie needed Puffy for that.

*putting on 5 pairs of gloves to get this ether out the stove*

3000>>>>>>>>Biggie
  • 5th Letter
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Okay well in that case first ridiculous comparison that needs to be put to rest: Ross>Biggie. Besides the fact they rap about the streets and they fat they are nothing alike, and the comparison is ridiculous. And I ? wit Ross HEAVY

I don't know how anybody listens to Ross and biggie and can say Ross is better lyrically. Biggie didn't need the beat as a crutch like Ross does today.
  • 5th Letter
    edited September 2011
    Options

Andre 3000 has no solo albums and I heard that love below ? that album was boring as ? . He was trying to be different and made a weedplate. Luckily big boi held it down with speakerboxx .

All puff did was give biggie beats and told him to make a few dongs for the ladies. At the end of the day biggie had to craft those songs, puffy never wrote ? for biggie.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Biggie 3rd verse on kick in da door is better than anything dre3000 ever spit

Comparing big boi to biggie is laughable

Ghostface Killah>>>>Dre3000

*shakes head*. Why don't we just call this ? and move on with life. ? that think biggie is better aren't gonna give in, all of us that thinks dre 3k is in the same class if not better not gonna give in. It is what it is..... game over

[QUOTE=jamacia;3260574]Andre 3000 has no solo albums and I heard that love below ? that album was boring as ? . He was trying to be different and made a weedplate. Luckily big boi held it down with speakerboxx .

All puff did was give biggie beats and told him to make a few dongs for the ladies. At the end of the day biggie had to craft those songs, puffy never wrote ? for biggie.[/QUOTE]

I STILL don't understand how he can be punished for this when he carries the group more often than big but to each his own
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    3000 >>>>>Biggie
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    What is the purpose of this thread??
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    How da ? Love Below was a weed plate that ? wit Speakerboxx sold like 10 million...

That "roses" ? was killin the charts that year..
  • P. Town
    edited September 2011
    Options
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »

New Yorkers don't realize that only in New York are most of them rappers better than anybody outside of New York
  • 5th Letter
    edited September 2011
    Options
    *shakes head*. Why don't we just call this ? and move on with life. ? that think biggie is better aren't gonna give in, all of us that thinks dre 3k is in the same class if not better not gonna give in. It is what it is..... game over

I STILL don't understand how he can be punished for this when he carries the group more often than big but to each his own

It's used against him when comparing him to legendary solo rappers. It's also not fair to big boi to say Andre 3000 carried the group.
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »

basically another south vs. new york thread
    enjoy
  • 5th Letter
    edited September 2011
    Options
    How da ? Love Below was a weed plate that ? wit Speakerboxx sold like 10 million...

That "roses" ? was killin the charts that year..

That was one of the few decent songs on love below. That double cd is overrated btw.
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    New Yorkers don't realize that only in New York are most of them rappers better than anybody outside of New York

The Misspelling-Mod Miss Jamacia aint even from NY...shes supposedly from a town called Scalp, New Jersey.

The thread still makes no sense...whats his point??

Some of these avatars are living in the past, they need to step into 2011 and realize that the South is winning because they make enjoyable music and not some boom-bap for obese immigrants to listen to on the Subway
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    That was one of the few decent songs on love below. That double cd is overrated btw.

I know another overrated double cd
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Exactly

South cats will be biased and east coast cats will be biased

The thing Is Im not from either region and Im being objective its a joke to say dre or big boi is better than biggie

Jigga,Ghostface,Big Pun,Nas and biggie are better than any rappers to ever come from the south

Lyrically,Conceptually,catalogs,Delivery,Flow,features every aspect of rap

The south cant accept these things and have backlash towards the east cuz of it

Exactly. I'm a military kid so I've lived in both regions. I'm a 90's east coast head @ heart but Outkast is my fav group of all-time so you see where the opinion comes from. It is what it is.... Both great rappers so at the end of the day I'm not mad @ either side for "big upping" one of their favorite artists

true story can't lie