playin dead space while u high....

Options
One Spliff
One Spliff Members Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭
edited May 2010 in IllGaming
what a ? up experience...

reminds me of resident evil of old...cant be off point wne u creepin round corners or entering rooms for the first time, u'll get ur ass decapitated...

seriously tho...something about the setting, lighting, sounds...make this a pretty great experience wen u high...

i did the first chapter on medium but im guna start again on hard, i got a feelin its gon be a tough game tho

Comments

• DaPrinciplez
    DaPrinciplez Members Posts: 1,148
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Oh brother do i feel you there, that game, fuccccckkkkkks with you head.

I've finished it twice, generally was ? while playin it.....but i was on X a few times too and it was out of this world, some ? scary ? , didn't even wanna go in to a room i hadn't been sometimes, it gets a lil less ? up as you get towards the end coz ya kno what to expect but the games amazin and i cant wait for the second one....

Saving up for the upgraded suits is a wise choice and gettin them as soon as they become available and dont hesitate to use the freeze power thing....

Can't wait for the 2nd....

Oh and power up ya plasma cutter, best gun in the game fo sho.

Great story, great visuals, great monsters, great games. 10/10
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Game is cool

I'm currently playing it on impossible mode and it feels more scarier cause i'm always running out of ammo and getting attacked from behind
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Sad thing is people complained it was too scary and I heard they are dumbing down the sequal.

tbh I want it scarier
  • vagrant-718
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Yeah, the harder modes are so much scarier.

One hit and them ? have chopped you in half.

Pretty much, you gotta be real surgical w/ them hits and always moving since there's never no safe spot to stand and shoot
    Sad thing is people complained it was too scary and I heard they are dumbing down the sequal.

I read the term was "more action-oriented"
  • vagrant-718
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Damn, I heard they might be putting co-op in there too.

I hope not. That co-op ? ruined RE5.

co-op w/ a competent partner was fun

co-op w/ a dumb a.i. or dumb real life partner make anything bad
  • vagrant-718
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Dont get me wrong though. I played the co-op with my friend like 3 or 4 times through. I played it yesterday actually. lol.

It was alot of fun. I enjoyed all that collectable ? too.

But the game lost the whole Resident Evil feel to it. The whole feeling of being scared and alone.

You dont feel much helplessness when playing. You can jus roll through it with a friend.

It was great, just not RE.

Well most of the resident evil after 3 didnt sell as well as the predecessors. Then they drop 4 which sold a good amount so they figure ppl wanted the action-oriented style more. Plus i never felt helpless in the past resident evil. I was always walking around strapped
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I just copped this ? about three days ago and I haven't even finished the first chapter yet....that ? is too much stress....lol.....my stomach is in knots form the moment I turn the game on.....and as far as Dead Spaze 2 is concerned....I read on ign.com that it will have "modern warfare" type action......so basically it is no longer survival horror.....but action horror
  • One Spliff
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I just copped this ? about three days ago and I haven't even finished the first chapter yet....that ? is too much stress....lol.....my stomach is in knots form the moment I turn the game on.....and as far as Dead Spaze 2 is concerned....I read on ign.com that it will have "modern warfare" type action......so basically it is no longer survival horror.....but action horror

what u mean ?
  • DaPrinciplez
    DaPrinciplez Members Posts: 1,148
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Thats ? up if they change it to more of an Action genre game for the 2nd one.....

Dead Space was dope becoz it was ? freaky, ? just jumpin outta air vents behind you as you lookin at some blind gurl slicin her own throat preyin for her soul and ? ........the games horrorfactor was on point.
    If it aint broke don't fix it.......
    I'll be really letdown if they replace the horror side of things for more action.....
    Want action? Play ? MW2.
  • themadlionsfan
    edited April 2010
    Options
    EA: Dead Space 2 Will Have Modern Warfare Level Action
    The company says its survival horror sequel is less survival and more action; compares the game's intensity to Modern Warfare and Uncharted.
    by Matt Casamassina
    February 5, 2010 - Last December, Electronic Arts revealed that internal studio Visceral Games was underway with a sequel to the acclaimed survival horror title Dead Space. Then, the publisher said that series hero Isaac Clarke would prove more aggressive and that the sequel would also include a new online mode.

Speaking to IGN, senior vice president and head of Visceral Games, Nick Earl, offered a few more details about the anticipated project -- namely, that action and polish are at the forefront of the sequel. Earl even compared the effort with two non-EA franchises known for their undiluted intensity.

"I can tell you that we're a little more focused on action horror as opposed to survival horror. We just created a really beautiful sequence that we're showing internally -- we haven't showed it externally yet, but we will get it out there soon -- that I think speaks to the high voltage nature of the game," he said. "Some really strong action sequences that I think are on par with the level that we're seeing in the Modern Warfare series and with the level that we're seeing in Uncharted. Just beautiful, visual imagery and very electric action."

He also said that Dead Space 2 will see further polish, "... which is saying a lot since Dead Space was so highly rated."

While he wouldn't yet talk about any more specifics, he did say that the experience would prove "jaw-dropping in terms of scale and scope."

"I feel very confident about where Dead Space is. I can tell you that we're not resting on our laurels. We're going very, very aggressively to take it to the next level," said Earl.
  • themadlionsfan
    edited April 2010
    Options
    EA: Dead Space 2 Will Have Modern Warfare Level Action
    The company says its survival horror sequel is less survival and more action; compares the game's intensity to Modern Warfare and Uncharted.
    by Matt Casamassina
    February 5, 2010 - Last December, Electronic Arts revealed that internal studio Visceral Games was underway with a sequel to the acclaimed survival horror title Dead Space. Then, the publisher said that series hero Isaac Clarke would prove more aggressive and that the sequel would also include a new online mode.

Speaking to IGN, senior vice president and head of Visceral Games, Nick Earl, offered a few more details about the anticipated project -- namely, that action and polish are at the forefront of the sequel. Earl even compared the effort with two non-EA franchises known for their undiluted intensity.

"I can tell you that we're a little more focused on action horror as opposed to survival horror. We just created a really beautiful sequence that we're showing internally -- we haven't showed it externally yet, but we will get it out there soon -- that I think speaks to the high voltage nature of the game," he said. "Some really strong action sequences that I think are on par with the level that we're seeing in the Modern Warfare series and with the level that we're seeing in Uncharted. Just beautiful, visual imagery and very electric action."

He also said that Dead Space 2 will see further polish, "... which is saying a lot since Dead Space was so highly rated."

While he wouldn't yet talk about any more specifics, he did say that the experience would prove "jaw-dropping in terms of scale and scope."

"I feel very confident about where Dead Space is. I can tell you that we're not resting on our laurels. We're going very, very aggressively to take it to the next level," said Earl.

PAX East 10: Dead Space 2 First Look
    Iron Man just got his ass handed to him; check out Isaac's new suit.
    by Greg Miller
    LATEST IMAGES

March 27, 2010 - Holy ? , Isaac Clarke's new threads are awesome. How awesome? He can fly. Yes, everyone's favorite space engineer is getting a new suit in Dead Space 2, EA and Visceral Games' next entrant in the third-person/survival horror franchise, and today, the PAX East audience got a sneak peak.

At first, it was just some art of the new Metal Gear-looking suit (photos below – yes, we know that they're blurry), but then the panel brought out a very short, very exciting clip from Dead Space 2.

In it, Isaac's trucking through a train car and comes to the end of it. The next car is a ways down the indoor track, so just jumping isn't an opinion. Instead, Isaac leaps out of the car he's in and thrusters kick on from his boots and hands. It's a rocking flight for a second, but then he gets control, goes stiff, and does his best Iron Man impression as he zooms to the next train car.

Isaac swoops in, see's a necromorph, and blows it up by shooting its deformed hand. It explodes, some stuff falls from the ceiling, and the clip ends. It looked really, really cool and got quite the reaction from the fans in attendance.

The panel was also pressed about bringing Dead Space Extraction to the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. They wouldn't answer directly, but they did say to "keep your ears peeled."
  • VIBE
    edited April 2010
    Options
    http://terminalgamer.com/2009/12/22/first-dead-space-2-screenshots/

^^ Screen shots there, and no, ? your "? your lank" quote.

Sounds like disappointment from DS2 now. DS1 survival horror was amazing. I didn't get far though, I'm gonna re cop it. I went through a bad time w/ money and sold all my games lol
  • One Spliff
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Oh brother do i feel you there, that game, fuccccckkkkkks with you head.

I've finished it twice, generally was ? while playin it.....but i was on X a few times too and it was out of this world, some ? scary ? , didn't even wanna go in to a room i hadn't been sometimes, it gets a lil less ? up as you get towards the end coz ya kno what to expect but the games amazin and i cant wait for the second one....

Saving up for the upgraded suits is a wise choice and gettin them as soon as they become available and dont hesitate to use the freeze power thing....

Can't wait for the 2nd....

Oh and power up ya plasma cutter, best gun in the game fo sho.

Great story, great visuals, great monsters, great games. 10/10

lmao...

thanks 4 the tips...

this ? is ? up on hard tho...they take twice ass more bullets as they do on medium n theremore of um...
  • vagrant-718
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Didnt think Issac would be in this one b/c of what happened in the ending
  • vagrant-718
    edited April 2010
    Options
    One Spliff wrote: »
    lmao...

thanks 4 the tips...

this ? is ? up on hard tho...they take twice ass more bullets as they do on medium n theremore of um...

Freeze and de-limb

I ? w/ the plasma cutter, line gun, pulse rifle and ripper
  • One Spliff
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Freeze and de-limb

how many levels on this game ?...i feel like im not gettin enuf nodes or money right now to be able to afford all these guns n upgrades
  • vagrant-718
    edited April 2010
    Options
    how many levels on this game ?...i feel like im not gettin enuf nodes or money right now to be able to afford all these guns n upgrades

You can't upgrade all the weapons in one playthrough, you will have to play 2-3 times to max out everything
  • VIBE
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Wtf, I didnt post that ? . My picture changed.

wtf lol ur right lol wow
  • One Spliff
    edited April 2010
    Options
    that 0 zero gravity ? makes my head spin if im stoned, seriously...i feel trravel sick wen that ? comes on, i had to stop playing the other day cos i was gon pass out...

so i watched law abiding citizen instead....

n it sucked.
  • vagrant-718
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Anybody know how to play that zero grav basketball?

The way the computer wants you to play it is when you start a game one of the floor will light up and you jump to that floor and use your kinesis to grab a ball that flies out and shoot it back into one of the 4 hoops - that's how you get bonus points

The problem with this is by the time you jump to the lit floor the ball already flew past your head and is hard to find

My suggestion is you go as close as you possibly can and grab the ? as soon as they come out and shoot them back in as quick as possible. I get around 30 pts this way and that's enough to get to the next level
  • vagrant-718
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I didnt have the patience for it, it was ? me off.

You got the achievement?

The trophy yeah...it's not too bad - just takes some time
  • One Spliff
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Freeze and de-limb

those r the 4 guns i got rite now...but i aint feelin the ripper so im gon replace it with the contact beam

need to try out the force gun to
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    im about to start this game over from the beginning. i dont remember why i stopped playing it.
  • vagrant-718
    edited May 2010
    Options
    those r the 4 guns i got rite now...but i aint feelin the ripper so im gon replace it with the contact beam

need to try out the force gun to

The R2 fire version of the ripper is better but w/e works for you. the contact beam takes too long for me
    im about to start this game over from the beginning. i dont remember why i stopped playing it.

I just beat the game on impossible mode, was stuck on the last stage for like a month now
  • One Spliff
    edited May 2010
    Options
    flame thrower is sick...was stuck on sum bit, decided to put the flame thrower to the test...? de-limbing these beats im burning them !!!!!!!!!!!

i also fidn it funny how they convieniently place 1 of those red flammable cannister near those things in the wall...teleknesis with the cannister works a treat lol...