Do you think less of someone after you find out their religion?

Options
Dick Shitman
Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
edited April 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
I've seen people stop talking to people because they associate with a particular religion, or choose not to associate with one at all

Do you think less of one after finding out they are an atheist? Christian? Muslim?

Tell me how you feel

Comments

• Bwoahmizzee
    Bwoahmizzee Members Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    as long as they not makin human sacrifices and worshipping Satan it' all good

Muslims, Jews, Christians, Hindus etc.................they all good with me

* shrugs*
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Only if they don't live up to it.
  • theillestrator
    theillestrator Members Posts: 1,085 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I don't believe in a ? but I don't like when people with or without a religion try to force their views on others.
  • Dick Shitman
    edited April 2010
    Options
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    It allows me to better assess their state of mind.
  • TX_Made713
    TX_Made713 Members Posts: 3,954 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    the truth to this is yes, regardless of what people say...if u find out someone is deeply religious it makes you tend to shy away from that person due to knowing whats coming of it

would u date someone with opposite beliefs?
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    TX_Made713 wrote: »
    the truth to this is yes, regardless of what people say...if u find out someone is deeply religious it makes you tend to shy away from that person due to knowing whats coming of it

The finest people I have ever met were deeply religious.
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited April 2010
    Options
    No, I know everyone outside of me I meet is likely on a religion so I dont judge them, but when they start actin like morons then I quit ? with em.
  • theillestrator
    theillestrator Members Posts: 1,085 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    And Step wrote: »
    The finest people I have ever met were deeply religious.

I'm guessing that you are religious. I would think that a kangaroo would favor a group of kangaroos over a group of penguins.
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited April 2010
    Options

Im married to a christian woman
  • Dick Shitman
    edited April 2010
    Options

im doing this currently, but to be fair my beliefs changed while while we were in the relationship
  • iAMNOVA
    iAMNOVA Members Posts: 2,493 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    im impartial towards peoples religion...but i cant say the same for people who are religious
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Despite any religious convictions, they are still people and out of common courtesy we should show some respect. Whether that happens or not and the circumstances behind it is a different story.
  • "A Tout le Mond
    "A Tout le Mond Members Posts: 121
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Yes. It may sound mean, or conceited, but yea i Do.
  • Dick Shitman
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Yes. It may sound mean, or conceited, but yea i Do.

why is that? what religion do you associate with?
  • "A Tout le Mond
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ? Shitman wrote: »
    why is that? what religion do you associate with?

I'm an atheist. Because religion is an unneeded dogma used to control people.
  • KLICHE
    KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I wouldn't say i think an less of the person.. because i can say I don't think any less of them.. thought I DO have those stereotypes flash through my mind, and I for a second think ok.. will this person fall right into the stereotype category that does exist with some people (minority anyway), or does this person fall into the normal ? worshipping, I have nothing to fear by them, no pressure on what I do, category. If they do happen to fall into the steretype category and are indeed pressuring to follow them, or even a ? about their faith being the ONE, then I say "ya know what, I really gotta go"
  • KLICHE
    KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I'm an atheist. Because religion is an unneeded dogma used to control people.

but goes both ways don't it.. the religious may think less of you upon finding out where your faith is or isn't.. and it being as an athiest
  • glowy
    glowy Members Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    No, but I may think less of them after I hear their reasoning, and their beliefs.

It's all good if they simply believe because it makes their life easier to bare, and all that what not.

I think less of them if they on some "you either think my way,or else".

That goes both ways though.

I'm an atheist, but I think less of dogmatic atheist.

The ones that say they are 100% sure there is no ? of any sort, and it's stupid to believe in anything else. (I haven't meet any atheist like this, but I'm sure they are out there)
  • oh_word
    oh_word Members Posts: 56
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Yes and No
    Most of my friends don't have the same beliefs that I do, one of my closest friends is Muslim and I base my beliefs on Christianity, I love her to death but sometimes she may say something that causes me to think wow thts crazy in my head. Im assuming this is normal because its a view other than mine but at the end of the day were still great friends and respect each others beliefs, but when it comes to dating a persons religious beliefs will cause me to look at them differently because I could never be with someone who didnt believe in ? because you have to think about raising your kids I dont want to teach them that and thats important, I'd like for whoever I end up with to have views similar to my own.
  • "A Tout le Mond
    edited April 2010
    Options
    KLICHE wrote: »
    but goes both ways don't it.. the religious may think less of you upon finding out where your faith is or isn't.. and it being as an athiest

I could care less.