LETS TAKE A LOOK AT James 1:13-14..DOES THIS APPLY TO JESUS ALSO?

Options
DRO
DRO Members Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭
edited September 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
AND IT READS...

13 When tempted, no one should say, “? is tempting me.” For ? cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone; 14 but each person is tempted when they are dragged away by their own evil desire and enticed.

SO DOES THIS APPLY TO JESUS ?... DOES HE HAVE HIS OWN EVIL DESIRES AND IS ENTICED?

THE PASSAGE BELOW TELLS THE STORY OF WHERE THE DEVIL WENT TO TEMPT JESUS...

1 Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil. 2 After fasting forty days and forty nights, he was hungry. 3 The tempter came to him and said, “If you are the Son of ? , tell these stones to become bread.”
4 Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of ? .’

5 Then the devil took him to the holy city and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. 6 “If you are the Son of ? ,” he said, “throw yourself down. For it is written:

“‘He will command his angels concerning you,
and they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.’[c]”

7 Jesus answered him, “It is also written: ‘Do not put the Lord your ? to the test.’[d]”

8 Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. 9 “All this I will give you,” he said, “if you will bow down and worship me.”

10 Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your ? , and serve him only.’[e]”

11 Then the devil left him, and angels came and attended him.

Comments

• waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    very good topic, that just show you that Yahushua is a Man and everything that Man goes through he went through, and i mean everything, but because it was'nt written (and if it was it's hidden from us) people think that he didnt go through everyday life and temptations.

He had feelings just like man, like in Mt. Olives with he gave Peter a good tongue lashing for falling asleep why he was praying, knowing the he choose to take that cup and he's about to get beat and crucified and he ask them to stay awake while he pray and they couldnt even do that for him, and he came back heated just like man.

But the only difference is that Death and Sin have no claim over him until he accept it, just like us death and sin have no claim over us because of the Messiyah but we can accpet death and sin if we want by not following YAHUWAH LAWS and our actions. But if we repent with our hearts to our father it have no claim over us thanks to Yahushua
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    jesus was not like any other man..considering he came from the ? , without the aid of sperm.

So it makes sense to me that verses 7 & 10 above, clearly show that Jesus was never tempted at no time, by Satan...and Jesus actually treated him as a pampous peon, in that scripture

I see what you're saying, but I disagree slightly. I don't think we're ever supposed to see the things Jesus does as things that we can't do. I think those things are much easier for Jesus because he was essentially the perfect human being. However, with faith and diligence we should strive to emulate him and experience some degree of success. So as far as the issue with Satan goes. Jesus was a human being, so susceptible to temptation. However, he was also ? 's will made flesh so he was built to resist such things.
  • supaman4321
    supaman4321 Members Posts: 946
    edited September 2011
    Options
    what does the verse say?

Does it say ? will not succumb to temptation? No

it says ? CANNOT be tempted!!

Whether it's ? in the Flesh, ? in the Spirit, The Word of ? whatever warped way you choose to look at Jesus (a.s.) if he is indeed Co-equal in anyway to ? then he CANNOT be tempted. Stop trying to make it say what you want it to say so you can cling to your beliefs
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    what does the verse say?

Does it say ? will not succumb to temptation? No

it says ? CANNOT be tempted!!

Whether it's ? in the Flesh, ? in the Spirit, The Word of ? whatever warped way you choose to look at Jesus (a.s.) if he is indeed Co-equal in anyway to ? then he CANNOT be tempted. Stop trying to make it say what you want it to say so you can cling to your beliefs

Bruh just come in and say your peace, because these are trolls and alias....the same people pushing the same ?