Modern Warfare 3...

Options
vagrant-718
vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2010 in IllGaming
...Not sounding too hot right now

Infinity Ward Loses Four More
For those keeping score, that's nine departures so far this month that we know of.

The mass exodus of Modern Warfar developer Infinity Ward team members continued today, as four more team members announced their resignations, according to reports.

According to Kotaku, sources close to the studio have confirmed that lead designers Steve Fukuda and Zied Reike are gone.

Additionally, programmer Rayme Vinson and lead artist Chris Cherubini are said to have resigned from the studio.

As 1UP reported yesterday animator Bruce Ferriz and lead designer Mackey McCandish, along with programmer Jon Shiring, have also resigned. When including last week's departures of lead designer Todd Alderman and lead software engineer Francesco Gigliotti, that brings the total number of high-profile resignations that we're aware of to nine since the ousting of founders Vince Zampella and Jason West.

Comments

• vagrant-718
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Former Infinity Ward Heads Form Respawn Entertainment
    Jason West and Vince Zampella's new development studio will join the EA Partners program.

UPDATE: Respawn Entertainment is being funded initially with "several million" dollars in capital from EA, reports the LA Times. Additionally, the story claims that West and Zampella will own and have full control of the intellectual property that Respawn develops. There's no word on what they'll work on first, but West said he believes it will be on the scale of a "huge, summer blockbuster." Whatever they end up working on, West said they will consider taking it into other forms of media, including comic books and movies.

ORIGINAL STORY: A new development studio has been announced today, but this isn't just any new company -- it's being founded by Jason West and Vince Zampella, the former president and CEO, respectively, of Call of Duty developer Infinity Ward. This news comes amidst ongoing litigation between the two and Infinity Ward's owner, Activision.

The new company, Respawn Entertainment, will join the EA Partners program, giving Electronic Arts exclusive publishing and distribution rights for their future games.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options

Waits for splinter cell. 2 days.

5 hours too, i heard.

anyways, CoD will eventually get done, somehow.
  • blackkevblazini
    blackkevblazini Members Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Treyarch is doing Modern Warfare 3. I called it first
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I just got the new issue of gameinformer today and I read where the next COD wont be a mordern warfare type game....they was talkin about having the setting in vietnam
  • vagrant-718
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I just got the new issue of gameinformer today and I read where the next COD wont be a mordern warfare type game....they was talkin about having the setting in vietnam

That's the one treyarch is doing, dropping this year
    next year suppose to be COD: Black Ops which takes place thru various time period
    and finally after that is Modern Warfare 3, but Infinity Wards losing members like everyday there might not even be an infinity ward when the times come
  • vageneral08
    edited April 2010
    Options
    That's the one treyarch is doing, dropping this year
    next year suppose to be COD: Black Ops which takes place thru various time period
    and finally after that is Modern Warfare 3, but Infinity Wards losing members like everyday there might not even be an infinity ward when the times come

Yeah I was reading that ? in the mag about the legal matters and ? ? aint trying to pay them
  • vageneral08
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I hope this next COD be better than that WAW ?
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Honestly not checking for any more COD games its gon be the same game they put out the last 3 years
  • DaPrinciplez
    DaPrinciplez Members Posts: 1,148
    edited April 2010
    Options
    W@W was wack compared to MW1.....
    Zombies was iite though, my housemate picked up a real unhealthy habit for that ? , he wouldnt do ? but smoke weed and play Zombies. Nothin else. :/

If theres no MW3 imma be cut, MW2's story didnt even finish right, MW3 wil basically just be MW2.5 in terms of the story.

Im tired of games being in WW1 or WW2, a new COD in Vietnam could be alright though, we'll just have to wait and see i guess.
  • renagade410,
    renagade410, Members Posts: 669
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i probaly catch alot of hate for this but i actually prefer waw over mw1 AND 2....most ppl hate on it cuz they dont like the guns

plus veteran on waw is waaaaay harder than on both modern warfares
  • a_wack_poster
    a_wack_poster Members Posts: 588 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Good... maybe they will come up with somethin new