Can We Stop This "non-Violence" is the Answer BS?

Options
DarcSkies777
DarcSkies777 Members Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭
edited April 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Why are minorities still taught that violence is not an effective means of stopping oppression? But whites are taught the exact opposite?

Why is it that blacks are taught Martin Luther King...Non-Violence...Martin Luther King...Non-Violence and Hispanics are taught Caesar Chavez...non-violence.... Caesar Chavez ...Non-Violence.

When history has shown us that it wasnt JUST MLK who got Civil Right's passed it was Black Panthers, NOI, racial tensions, Churches exploding, etc that made LBJ want to hurry up and sign the damn bill before the whole country went to ? and the rioting got out of control. It was the Black Panthers who gave black people the inspiration and the ? to speak up in the first place.

But meanwhile anytime whites feel oppressed they reference the 2nd amendment (violence) and the Revolutionary War (violence) and celebrate the "men and women who FOUGHT and DIED so we wouldnt live in tyranny. Why do whites celebrate their violent history but blacks and Hispanics are taught non-violence?

Why are all the pacifists celebrated in America (MLK) but all the people who preached self-sufficiency and retaliation if-need-be are either ignored or called "radical" as if there is something radical about fighting in self-defense?

Or do you all believe in non-violence as a serious means of ending oppression?

Comments

• Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    "Gandhi was a fool, ? fight to the death" - Nas
  • DarcSkies777
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I dont know if Ghandi was a fool but my point is there has never been serious change without bloodshed. Even diplomacy is just polite threats being made between countries.

Two leaders sit at a table and politely tell each other, "here's what you want...here's what I want...if there is no negotiation one way or another muthafukkas is gonna die."
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Violence happens, but I don't think the MLK movement was meant to just show that they could accomplish the goal by merely not fighting. I think it was to show the senselessness of violence especially as white oppressors fought for a cause that was selfish and full of biases.
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    we really should start nailing mudda fuckaz to crosses again
  • DarcSkies777
    edited April 2010
    Options
    alissowack wrote: »
    Violence happens, but I don't think the MLK movement was meant to just show that they could accomplish the goal by merely not fighting. I think it was to show the senselessness of violence especially as white oppressors fought for a cause that was selfish and full of biases.

Good post.

And before some idiot says anything about "so why aint you fighting ? ?!" I mean as a collective group when we are attacked, "cops, white racists, terrible education system and 'justice' system" why isnt anything done when you know talking doesnt do anything?

One person out there busting a crackers head is just a common criminal. But when it's a collective group people pay attention. We didnt get civilian oversight of cops in Los Angeles by sitting down and having a chat with these crackers. We burned some ? down and busted a few crackers in the head with bricks and pipes and people started listening.
  • BOSS KTULU
    BOSS KTULU Banned Users Posts: 978 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Non-violence is an easier strategy for all the obese members of the black and hispanic communities.

Whites are pretty fat too, but we have guns legally. You don't even need to get up to shoot somebody. Janklow weighs 400 pounds and his suspenders are made of bacon.
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Violence has never worked, unless ? start buyin some nuclear weapons it will never work. It does nothing but lead to more violence and more time spent killing each other over some ? . Mr. King was smart, he realized it is better for man to unite and walk the Earth as one rather than stay seperated and continue to stunt the growth of man. If people want peace they settle it peacefully it can be accomplished. Those who use force are fools and hypocrites, you cant blame a man for something and set out to do the same that he has done for you, it makes you no better then the man before you.
  • young_reezy
    young_reezy Members Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    BIGRuss wrote: »
    we really should start nailing mudda fuckaz to crosses again

u wild lol
  • tri3w
    tri3w Members Posts: 3,142 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Why are minorities still taught that violence is not an effective means of stopping oppression? But whites are taught the exact opposite?

Why is it that blacks are taught Martin Luther King...Non-Violence...Martin Luther King...Non-Violence and Hispanics are taught Caesar Chavez...non-violence.... Caesar Chavez ...Non-Violence.

When history has shown us that it wasnt JUST MLK who got Civil Right's passed it was Black Panthers, NOI, racial tensions, Churches exploding, etc that made LBJ want to hurry up and sign the damn bill before the whole country went to ? and the rioting got out of control. It was the Black Panthers who gave black people the inspiration and the ? to speak up in the first place.

But meanwhile anytime whites feel oppressed they reference the 2nd amendment (violence) and the Revolutionary War (violence) and celebrate the "men and women who FOUGHT and DIED so we wouldnt live in tyranny. Why do whites celebrate their violent history but blacks and Hispanics are taught non-violence?

Why are all the pacifists celebrated in America (MLK) but all the people who preached self-sufficiency and retaliation if-need-be are either ignored or called "radical" as if there is something radical about fighting in self-defense?

Or do you all believe in non-violence as a serious means of ending oppression?

It took both Aspects of It..........MLK opened the Door, however ? like THe Deacons OF Defense, Black Panthers Malcom X and other Millitant Brothers that kept it open so he can Do what he needed to do...........there is a Story; MLK was trynna have a March in a Deep SOuth City, Memphis I believe (Dont Quote me im not sure). Rednecks DOwn there were very belligerent, threatening to ? King, his family and his Friends when he Went Down there. Malcom X got wind of this (and this is b4 they Met) and Made a Few phone calls down there..........he got a hold of the Opposing party and gave a very simple yet Blunt message; "U deal WIth King, OR U deal With Me. And trust me, me and My people Dont believe in "Civil Disobdence". King didnt have a Problem with the march after that........... Violence and Force is a Tool, So is Peace.........Sometimes,Situations require both.......
  • tri3w
    edited April 2010
    Options
    alissowack wrote: »

Tru.......
  • tri3w
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Good post.

And before some idiot says anything about "so why aint you fighting ? ?!" I mean as a collective group when we are attacked, "cops, white racists, terrible education system and 'justice' system" why isnt anything done when you know talking doesnt do anything?

One person out there busting a crackers head is just a common criminal. But when it's a collective group people pay attention. We didnt get civilian oversight of cops in Los Angeles by sitting down and having a chat with these crackers. We burned some ? down and busted a few crackers in the head with bricks and pipes and people started listening.

very tru too...........the Sad thing is, We was burning down our On ? .........if they moved it more hollywood however.......
  • hrap-120
    hrap-120 Members Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Violence is the only solution.

If you look at Dessalines in Haiti, or the Mau Mau in Kenya, Maha Bandula in Berma or Geronimo in America, the only way to deal with the Beast is through violence...its the only thing he understands.

Tricknolgy...they want us to be docile, submissive, passive, and good Xristians who will suffer then die and go up to heaven in the sky, so standard curriculum is M.L.K. Ghandi, White-Jesus, Rosa Parks, and a couple freindly kneegrows like Dubois or Booker T.

When Nelson Mandela was blowing ? up he was a hated terrorist, now that he's singing "Zipa a di do da" with Dakota Fanning in his lap he's a hero.
    We all know the only reason Farrakhan is allowed to talk all that ? is because his organization is forbidden to carry damn weapons.

There has never in the history of this earth been a peaceful movement that brought change without violence....when the rednecks lost the white-house to a half-breed they went out an bought guns and bullets, formed rifle clubs, joined militias and bought as much ammunition as they could fit in their wrangler jeans.
  • redhandedbandit
    redhandedbandit Members Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    dude the president is black what change are you looking for
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited April 2010
    Options

Black power throughout the world, everyone else as slaves.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited April 2010
    Options
    hrap-120 wrote: »
    If you look at Dessalines in Haiti, or the Mau Mau in Kenya, Maha Bandula in Berma or Geronimo in America-
    are these really all equally successful examples?
    hrap-120 wrote: »
    ...when the rednecks lost the white-house to a half-breed they went out an bought guns and bullets, formed rifle clubs, joined militias and bought as much ammunition as they could fit in their wrangler jeans.
    i think there are some political nuances to this that you might be overlooking because they don't relate to race
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    are these really all equally successful examples?

i think there are some political nuances to this that you might be overlooking because they don't relate to race

Janklow, why are you afraid to admit that these white dudes hate the fact that there is a ? in the White House?

GW trampled more civil liberties and spent money like it was pennies, and not a peep from these people. Politics is synonymous with people. Race is one aspect that people like to ignore. You can try to intellectualize it all you want. But trust me dog, we know racism when we see it. Trust me. For real. I'm serious. Really.

? could have a noose around his neck and you would be like, " Well we should consider all angles of this before we just assume this is a lynching."

FOH
  • And Step
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Violence has never worked, unless ? start buyin some nuclear weapons it will never work. It does nothing but lead to more violence and more time spent killing each other over some ? . Mr. King was smart, he realized it is better for man to unite and walk the Earth as one rather than stay seperated and continue to stunt the growth of man. If people want peace they settle it peacefully it can be accomplished. Those who use force are fools and hypocrites, you cant blame a man for something and set out to do the same that he has done for you, it makes you no better then the man before you.

Stop it, man. Violence does work sometimes. And no it doesn't lead to more violence. The country you called home and love had to fight for freedom. Strength secures peace don't get it twisted. And what the hell are you talking about doing the same thing to someone that they did to you. Would you sit by and let someone attack your daughter?

Dr. King was smart. Did you know that at the end of his life he was beginning to develop a more nationalist approach? He figured out that integration was not working. Harry Belafonte told him that he felt like he was integrating into a burning house.Most people only know Dr. King from 1963 I have a dream. He lived 5 years after that. Black people should have united first. To say we should unite with our oppressors before we unite with each other is really hypocritical.

Look at this picture:

hem_mlk01-22-2008_001.jpg

This was taken in the last year of his life.

This was one of the reasons he was killed. He was beginning to see a lot of what he was teaching was having the opposite effect. MLK, represented the professional educated class who could take advantage of opportunities after the doors were open. The grassroots, man in the street couldn't. But what they could offer was support for those who are skilled in professional building disciplines. That is what Elijah Muhammad represented. If they working class united with the professional class we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

See bro, if Black people had sought to strengthen their communities instead of trying to cozy up to white people we wouldn't be in the condition we are in to day. You know the one you always rail against about making excuses and blaming others. How you gonna unite and you have nothing and they have everything? That is called begging. And no self respecting man respects a beggar.

Get that silly and sick idea that black advancement is wrong.
  • DarcSkies777
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Yeah and poor whites should just be content that the last 43 president's where white. So I guess ALL white people benefited from the mere color of the president's skin right? ? !
    tri3w wrote: »
    very tru too...........the Sad thing is, We was burning down our On ? .........if they moved it more hollywood however.......
    Black businesses weren't burned down and if they were it was accidental.

Also it's not "your own ? " if you dont own or benefit from those businesses. There is a Bank near my house. But I dont make a percentage so I'm not about to cry a river if it burns down and say "why'd they burn MY bank." Its not mine/ours if I/we dont get a benefit from it.
    tri3w wrote: »
    It took both Aspects of It..........MLK opened the Door, however ? like THe Deacons OF Defense, Black Panthers Malcom X and other Millitant Brothers that kept it open so he can Do what he needed to do...........there is a Story; MLK was trynna have a March in a Deep SOuth City, Memphis I believe (Dont Quote me im not sure). Rednecks DOwn there were very belligerent, threatening to ? King, his family and his Friends when he Went Down there. Malcom X got wind of this (and this is b4 they Met) and Made a Few phone calls down there..........he got a hold of the Opposing party and gave a very simple yet Blunt message; "U deal WIth King, OR U deal With Me. And trust me, me and My people Dont believe in "Civil Disobdence". King didnt have a Problem with the march after that........... Violence and Force is a Tool, So is Peace.........Sometimes,Situations require both.......
    THis is why General Grant is on my list of Greatest presidents because he used violence to keep the KKK at bay. HE pretty much just rounded them muthafukkas up with Federal Troops and violence against blacks was next to none. THen Congress made him stop and........

VIolence seems to be the only language whites dont understand. And although KTULU was just being a smart ass he's right. Too many ? are lazy and are just happy with "a black president..." like thats going to keep pigs from shooting you when you're unarmed or make corporations hire you even though you qualify or make schools teach kids something they can actually use when out of HS.

Dumb ? .
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited April 2010
    Options
    And Step wrote: »
    Stop it, man. Violence does work sometimes. And no it doesn't lead to more violence. The country you called home and love had to fight for freedom. Strength secures peace don't get it twisted. And what the hell are you talking about doing the same thing to someone that they did to you. Would you sit by and let someone attack your daughter?

Dr. King was smart. Did you know that at the end of his life he was beginning to develop a more nationalist approach? He figured out that integration was not working. Harry Belafonte told him that he felt like he was integrating into a burning house.Most people only know Dr. King from 1963 I have a dream. He lived 5 years after that. Black people should have united first. To say we should unite with our oppressors before we unite with each other is really hypocritical.

Look at this picture:

hem_mlk01-22-2008_001.jpg

This was taken in the last year of his life.

This was one of the reasons he was killed. He was beginning to see a lot of what he was teaching was having the opposite effect. MLK, represented the professional educated class who could take advantage of opportunities after the doors were open. The grassroots, man in the street couldn't. But what they could offer was support for those who are skilled in professional building disciplines. That is what Elijah Muhammad represented. If they working class united with the professional class we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

See bro, if Black people had sought to strengthen their communities instead of trying to cozy up to white people we wouldn't be in the condition we are in to day. You know the one you always rail against about making excuses and blaming others. How you gonna unite and you have nothing and they have everything? That is called begging. And no self respecting man respects a beggar.

Get that silly and sick idea that black advancement is wrong.

Violence still has never worked, America is still going to war all the time and we still have to fight at times for our freedom. Get past the whole every white man is evil thing and you'd see this. And Im sure if MLK was alive today he'd be proud as ? at what we have accomplished in such a short time.
  • DarcSkies777
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ^^^ No, not full scale war. We're talking about fighting back against injustice of whatever kind. When the court's wont listen. when the politicians wont listen, when your concerns are dismissed as "the race card" the "holocaust card" the "gender card" etc etc etc then what do you do?

History has shown that busting heads works if you do it long enough. It just cant be the ONLY thing you are doing and can not be your FIRST resort.

And I'm sure MLK would be proud but that still doesnt erase the fact that he wasnt the only one responsible for black progress in the 60s. Its no coincidence that kids know everything about MLK but his favorite food but learn nothing about Malcolm, Black Panthers, etc and those who said "you hit me, I'm hitting back." Why do you think that is?
  • SoulRattler of Venom
    SoulRattler of Venom Members Posts: 458
    edited April 2010
    Options
    The war isn't won by how many opposing troops you ? . It's about who endures the longest. Peace by force will never last because it isn't a choice. Ghandi's idea was that if you can endure the attack of the enemy long enough, you will be able to hold a mirror up to them to show them the hypocrisy between their theory and practice. Peace has to be accepted, not forced upon.
  • SoulRattler of Venom
    SoulRattler of Venom Members Posts: 458
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ^^^ No, not full scale war. We're talking about fighting back against injustice of whatever kind. When the court's wont listen. when the politicians wont listen, when your concerns are dismissed as "the race card" the "holocaust card" the "gender card" etc etc etc then what do you do?

History has shown that busting heads works if you do it long enough. It just cant be the ONLY thing you are doing and can not be your FIRST resort.

And I'm sure MLK would be proud but that still doesnt erase the fact that he wasnt the only one responsible for black progress in the 60s. Its no coincidence that kids know everything about MLK but his favorite food but learn nothing about Malcolm, Black Panthers, etc and those who said "you hit me, I'm hitting back." Why do you think that is?

That's all fine if your goal is to ? off an entire group of people... but then nothing will stop you from finding more people to ? off because they don't fit into your plans of "peace and equality"
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited April 2010
    Options

They dont talk about it obviously because they dont want violence, did it have a major role in where we are yes. I think arms should be a last resort though, I'm sorry for not thinkin we need to go to war against the government, I think were moving foward at a quick pace in America. The system does have alot of flaws, but they aint all pointed towards the black man. If theres a rich black man he can get off ? just like a rich white man could. All races get treated like ? by the government, we get it more but ? is changing. The poor will always face a harsher system than the rich, that will never stop. The only thing I see us needing to go fight for is the injustice between financial ranks. In 20-30 years I honestly dont think the system will be all whitey, we been takin ? over so fast they cant stop it. The poor will still be treated like ? , Ill fight for that, I will never call for physical action unless we are stuck or moving backwards, and we are from either right now.
  • And Step
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Violence still has never worked, America is still going to war all the time and we still have to fight at times for our freedom. Get past the whole every white man is evil thing and you'd see this. And Im sure if MLK was alive today he'd be proud as ? at what we have accomplished in such a short time.

OK, show me where, I ever said such thing. You are just hyper-sensitive. Your trained perfectly.

Any criticism of white people you jump to their defense. Any criticism of black people you remain silent. Why is that?
  • And Step
    edited April 2010
    Options
    They dont talk about it obviously because they dont want violence, did it have a major role in where we are yes. I think arms should be a last resort though, I'm sorry for not thinkin we need to go to war against the government, I think were moving foward at a quick pace in America. The system does have alot of flaws, but they aint all pointed towards the black man. If theres a rich black man he can get off ? just like a rich white man could. All races get treated like ? by the government, we get it more but ? is changing. The poor will always face a harsher system than the rich, that will never stop. The only thing I see us needing to go fight for is the injustice between financial ranks. In 20-30 years I honestly dont think the system will be all whitey, we been takin ? over so fast they cant stop it. The poor will still be treated like ? , Ill fight for that, I will never call for physical action unless we are stuck or moving backwards, and we are from either right now.

You said whitey. You hate all white people.