Do You Rock Fake Designer Bags?

Options
lady_c
lady_c Members Posts: 201
edited April 2010 in The Powder Room
ever? occasionally? never? or do you just wear a regular no name bag?

Comments

• akforty7
    akforty7 Members Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Naw. I'd rather wear a no-name bag than a fake designer bag. You can always tell they're fake ALWAYS well at least I can. Thats cuz I'm a bag fanatic I guess. I have some designer bags that I spent a ton of money on that are timeless. The last bag I bought is a Marciano and I love it. I understand spending $700-1200 for a bag is crazy but spending $100-200 on a fake bag is even crazier to me.
  • Bwoahmizzee
    Bwoahmizzee Members Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    might well just a get a Coach bag instead saving up for a fake Chanel bag

some of the Chanel and Gucci bags be horrible tho. You can see them ? is fake from a mile away
  • marie addams
    marie addams Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    no it's not that serious.people who know bags KNOW fakes. plus style>>labels
  • Blue Virgo
    Blue Virgo Members Posts: 7,092 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I don't even like designer bags...never have.
    I once got a Coach purse/wallet/something else set...and I ended up giving it away.

I do no-names.
  • DEE-LICIOUS
    DEE-LICIOUS Members Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I'm not a bag person....I wear mainly no name ? or low name ? majority of the time. I'd rather wear a no name then fake the funk.

I've had fake bags b4 though. Everybody has in ny once upon a time lmao my mom wasnt buyin no gucci, but canal street had em for cheapppp! I stopped wearing em though, once I really realized they weren't real. My mom had to tell me lol i just thought they were mad cheap <<~~Naive
  • mr.getwitcha
    mr.getwitcha Members Posts: 2,459 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I'm not a bag person....I wear mainly no name ? or low name ? majority of the time. I'd rather wear a no name then fake the funk.

I've had fake bags b4 though. Everybody has in ny once upon a time lmao my mom wasnt buyin no gucci, but canal street had em for cheapppp! I stopped wearing em though, once I really realized they weren't real. My mom had to tell me lol i just thought they were mad cheap <<~~Naive

Aye Dee, lemme upgrade you...:)

Getwitcha
  • DEE-LICIOUS
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Aye Dee, lemme upgrade you...:)

Getwitcha

lmao ur late- I was about 16 lol by time I turned 18 my mom already played me out rofl

U can still come try to upgrade me though- I dont mind :D U can start with my car :tu
  • Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I have some no-name purses from jc penny's & target and claire's... As long as they're cute and can hold my stuff, that's all I really care about .
  • lady_c
    edited April 2010
    Options
    for the men who commented, do yall care if women carry designer bags? what about knock offs?
  • DEE-LICIOUS
    edited April 2010
    Options
    lol ur a different type of man though. Most guys don't even know the difference, so I doubt they would even realize what part of the outfit the confidence is even coming from.

I know when I pull out my expensive ass shoes, I got an extra strut in my step lmao like WHAT ? !!! GUCCI! hahaha
  • Tupacfan
    Tupacfan Members, Moderators Posts: 2,428 Regulator
    edited April 2010
    Options
    nat materialistic type of chick, i sport bags that go with my outfit that's purchased from a retail store. Neverthless a fake designer bag from the flea markets or bootlegs..

I got kids to provide for and tuition money to save, i don't got dollaz for materialistic ? ..
  • lady_c
    edited April 2010
    Options
    lol ur a different type of man though. Most guys don't even know the difference, so I doubt they would even realize what part of the outfit the confidence is even coming from.

I know when I pull out my expensive ass shoes, I got an extra strut in my step lmao like WHAT ? !!! GUCCI! hahaha

lol so shoes are your weakness...i dont think ive ever met a woman who wasnt willing to beaucoup spend on either shoes or a bag. sometimes both lol.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited April 2010
    Options
    lady_c wrote: »
    for the men who commented, do yall care if women carry designer bags? what about knock offs?

i don't care and i will never understand why women care so much about the name on a purse either...that $700 bag serves the same purpose as the bag you can buy from JC Penny...I'd be more likely to speak to a woman that has a no-name bag than something that is clearly expensive as ? on her arm...that kinda sends you a certain signal about that person and what they value
  • Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    lady_c wrote: »
    lol so shoes are your weakness...i dont think ive ever met a woman who wasnt willing to beaucoup spend on either shoes or a bag. sometimes both lol.

that would be me...I was a tomboy so I didn't get into fashion until jr high. My mom & sisters are shoe/purse fiends but my mom would buy things on sale. My sisters always had some guy buying them that stuff. lol
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i don't

because I pray at the alter of fashion daily

for me it's sacreligious

• BlaqueHoney01
    BlaqueHoney01 Members Posts: 390 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I don't care about brand names. I will buy what I like or what I think will look good with an outfit or a pair of shoes I bought.