D@mn another 360 game confirmed for fake HD!!!!

Options
your flyness
your flyness Members Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2010 in IllGaming
First Metro 2033, Then Splinter Cell, Now Alan Wake. Lol at 360 making there exclusives dark and foggy to hide the graphics, while at the same time trying to promote itself as the best HD console.
Metro running @ 576P
Final Fantasy 13 (on the 360) @576P
Splinter Cell @ 576P
Alan Wake @ 960*547p which is actually 490p

Good Luck at being the Uncharted and ? of War III killer

http://www.n4g.com/xbox360/NewsCom-509880.aspx?CT=1#Comments

Comments

• your flyness
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Let me just drop a few pics

Uncharted 2
    uncharted_2__among_thieves-playstation_3screenshots16669uncharted2_01.jpg

vs

Alan Wake
    a0037809_4bc9115b3403f.jpg
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ^^^
    ? dude LOL
  • your flyness
    edited April 2010
    Options

Yea I just saw that. But it was from a community manager not an actual dev. Same thing happen with FF13, turns out it was true that it was 576p. So its still remained to be seen
  • blackkevblazini
    blackkevblazini Members Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    who cares though really?
    I got everything from a NES to a Sega Master to a Super NES to a ? Hyperscan to the 360, Wii, and PS3 hooked up to my TV. Graphics is just a way for me to tell whats going on in the game, ya'll new ? be stressing on individual pixels and ? .
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Earlier this evening, it was reported on NeoGaf that upcoming Microsoft Xbox 360 exclusive, Alan Wake, was only running at the resolution of 547p -- which will be sub-HD levels. Well, to counter these claims, Remedy has clarified the situation with an official statement on the Alan Wake forums.

Community Manager stated: "The game is 720p. As has said before Videogameszone and Gamepro both released footage without approval and due to the fact that we don't know how many compressions their videos went through or what process they took it's best not to use those videos as sources."

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-12218-Video-Game-Examiner~y2010m4d17-Alan-Wake-runs-at-720p--Confirmed-via-Remedy
  • zoomzoomp5
    zoomzoomp5 Members Posts: 609 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    would you still play uncharted or GOW if they were pushing 576p?
  • the1nonlyruru
    the1nonlyruru Members Posts: 1,055 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    who cares though really?
    I got everything from a NES to a Sega Master to a Super NES to a ? Hyperscan to the 360, Wii, and PS3 hooked up to my TV. Graphics is just a way for me to tell whats going on in the game, ya'll new ? be stressing on individual pixels and ? .

gimme a piece of paper so i can co-sign that ? . the graphics can be nice as hell but if the game is broken or plain sucks graphics are the last thing to worry about
  • renagade410,
    renagade410, Members Posts: 669
    edited April 2010
    Options
    problem is this...if im payin 500$ for a console i expect the best picture quality AND gameplay from it got a 60 inch in 1080p monster hdmi cord and everything and you mean to tell me the game only gonna b e in 576p? FOH this 2010 there is no excuse for that(except for the fact maybe the 360 cant handle 1080p....or at least still fit on one disc if 1080p was in most games)

and to answer the one posters question if uncharted 2 was in 576p it wouldve stayed on the shelf.....my eyes have grown used to 720p MINIMUM and with uncharted's strong point being the cut scenes i doubt being able to fully get into it without the graphics beiong as strong...it still wouldve been a good game but its like tryna watch avatar on a 15 inch black n white tube tv

come on ppl this is 2010 and yall really ok with 576p?
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Ps3 = dominance in gfx
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    problem is this...if im payin 500$ for a console i expect the best picture quality AND gameplay from it got a 60 inch in 1080p monster hdmi cord and everything and you mean to tell me the game only gonna b e in 576p? FOH this 2010 there is no excuse for that(except for the fact maybe the 360 cant handle 1080p....or at least still fit on one disc if 1080p was in most games)

and to answer the one posters question if uncharted 2 was in 576p it wouldve stayed on the shelf.....my eyes have grown used to 720p MINIMUM and with uncharted's strong point being the cut scenes i doubt being able to fully get into it without the graphics beiong as strong...it still wouldve been a good game but its like tryna watch avatar on a 15 inch black n white tube tv

come on ppl this is 2010 and yall really ok with 576p?

First, neither 360 or PS3 is strong enough to run a big budget game in native 1080p. Most of the 1080p games are xbl and psn game which has simple graphics

Second, some high profile games are not 720p either, Modern Warfare 2 is an example but that didn't stop the game from selling millions now did it?
  • PSN-Canibuss
    PSN-Canibuss Members Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    360 games are upscaled with an HDMI Cable to 720P, 1080i & 1080P

PS3 games are not upscaled at all but all games do look better at 720p
  • renagade410,
    edited April 2010
    Options
    First, neither 360 or PS3 is strong enough to run a big budget game in native 1080p. Most of the 1080p games are xbl and psn game which has simple graphics

Second, some high profile games are not 720p either, Modern Warfare 2 is an example but that didn't stop the game from selling millions now did it?

hence why i said 720p minimum which would be 1080i but there are about 7 or so games that are true 1080p excluding the psn titles like wipeout

and im only speaking on me and i dont like modern warfare 2....im pretty sure most ppl who bought the game dont have a 60inch led tv with monster cables so to them the difference in graphics may not mean as much seeing as how they probaly cant tell the difference anyways

not everybody cares about graphics but i do this is not the days of yesteryear AND for 360fanboys to be claiming alan wake can compete with uncharted 2 when its not even 720p? smh
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    hence why i said 720p minimum which would be 1080i but there are about 7 or so games that are true 1080p excluding the psn titles like wipeout

and im only speaking on me and i dont like modern warfare 2....im pretty sure most ppl who bought the game dont have a 60inch led tv with monster cables so to them the difference in graphics may not mean as much seeing as how they probaly cant tell the difference anyways

not everybody cares about graphics but i do this is not the days of yesteryear AND for 360fanboys to be claiming alan wake can compete with uncharted 2 when its not even 720p? smh

Didn't somebody just made a post confirming that Alan Wake is 730p

Also, it been proven that monster hdmi cables make no difference from cheaper hdmi cables, graphic don't mean ? if there's no gameplay
  • renagade410,
    edited April 2010
    Options

Also, it been proven that monster hdmi cables make no difference from cheaper hdmi cables, graphic don't mean ? if there's no gameplay

imma need a link for that cuz it had better be a damn difference if i dished out 120 bucks for it

and im not saying that graphics alone make the game hell i downloaded classic ps1 titles becuz i loved the gameplay...but there is no reason that any game 360 or ps3 coming out past 2010 should be anything less than 720p/1080i....just no reason at all
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    the disc size is a major problem. and also the xbox did originally not support HD, its basically an add on.
  • the1nonlyruru
    the1nonlyruru Members Posts: 1,055 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    BIGRuss wrote: »
    the disc size is a major problem. and also the xbox did originally not support HD, its basically an add on.

true right there and do you really wanna play games that have multiple disc's again? like how FF had like 3-4 discs a game? i know its no big deal but that ? a drag to me
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    edited April 2010
    Options
    PS3 processor and video card were built and used with HD in mind. HD was an afterthought for xbox.
  • VIBE
    edited April 2010
    Options

For real? I dropped 50 on my monster cable, SMH!!!!
  • One Spliff
    One Spliff Members Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options

how do u test what it runs at ?

my TV seems to give me different outputs for diff games...pes runs at 720 while mw2 runs at 1080...

n on the back of the pes case it says 720p, n on the back of the mw2 case it says 1080p...
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    edited April 2010
    Options
    One Spliff wrote: »
    how do u test what it runs at ?

my TV seems to give me different outputs for diff games...pes runs at 720 while mw2 runs at 1080...maybe its not accurate.

maybe you should look at the back of the box.
  • One Spliff
    One Spliff Members Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    maybe you should look at the back of the box.

i already edited my post...but thats what im tryna say tho...the tv runs at watever the game is...so how is mw2 not 720p ?
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    edited April 2010
    Options
    One Spliff wrote: »
    i already edited my post...but thats what im tryna say tho...the tv runs at watever the game is...so how is mw2 not 720p ?

thats what the CGI cutsceans run at. the game companys are playing us for suckers.
  • VIBE
    edited April 2010
    Options
    thats what the CGI cutsceans run at. the game companys are playing us for suckers.

Yeah, sometimes
  • your flyness
    edited April 2010
    Options
    [QUOTE=vagrant-718;508422]Didn't somebody just made a post confirming that Alan Wake is 730p

Also, it been proven that monster hdmi cables make no difference from cheaper hdmi cables, graphic don't mean ? if there's no gameplay[/QUOTE]

No a community manager said it was 720p, a nobody, just like what happen with Final Fantasy 13. So his word dont mean ? .

And yea you are correct HDMI is HDMI if sombody paid $100 for a cable they ? up.HDMI is Digital, either the signal is 100% or 0%