The colorful questions about the 2008 election.

Options
unspoken_respect
unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2010 in The Social Lounge
What I hear

1. "Did any white people vote for Obama?"

2. "All black people voted for Obama because he is black."

3. "White people voted for him because they didn't want to be called racist."

You can add on to the list if you want.

The point is that people don't understand that black people are only around 15% of the US population with the majority living in the south. White people make up about 75% of the US population.

When they say 96% of black people voted for Obama because of his color is sounds really big. But only 65% of the black US population voted.

And some how McCain won about all of the Southern states. How is that?

Take 65% of blacks that voted from the 15% of the population and you find that only 6% of the US population that are black voted for Obama. I know that's a overwhelming number that is hard to fathom. Catch your breath and count to ten.

Lets say that Every Single Black Person voted for Obama in 2008. Thats still only 15% of the population.

So you tell me honestly if you don't think that 6-15% of the white vote didn't to McCain because of his color.

You should never vote for someone because of his color but everything has a reason. Obama should thank the black people for their votes, but were not the real reason he won......

It would be nice to hear the full story about anything every once in a while, but that's the media for you.

Comments

• Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    white people voted for Obama b/c alot of white people are already democrats, and those that were probably independent or moderate voted Obama b/c John McCain was a horrible candidate. Same reason Bush defeated Kerry. Had the dems put out a decent candidate, Bush should have been destroyed in the 2004 election.