Just found out that we enslaved white people first

Options
daevion0
daevion0 Members Posts: 207
edited September 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
hell nah that ? crazy I had no idea about this ?

Comments

• frostyicy
    frostyicy Members Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    You acting like you posted an article or somethin.....? just rabbling.
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    128806063394668882.jpg
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    so you just figured out that slavery happened pre 1800's???

see

when I say I would never put a child in the public school system

people think I'm just being an elitist ? snob

but it's really not ?

when you think about it
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    edited September 2011
    Options
    no link no nothin?
  • daevion0
    edited September 2011
    Options
    frostyicy wrote: »
    You acting like you posted an article or somethin.....? just rabbling.

"COLUMBUS, Ohio – A new study suggests that a million or more European Christians were enslaved by Muslims in North Africa between 1530 and 1780 – a far greater number than had ever been estimated before.

Robert Davis
    In a new book, Robert Davis, professor of history at Ohio State University, developed a unique methodology to calculate the number of white Christians who were enslaved along Africa’s Barbary Coast, arriving at much higher slave population estimates than any previous studies had found.

Most other accounts of slavery along the Barbary coast didn’t try to estimate the number of slaves, or only looked at the number of slaves in particular cities, Davis said. Most previously estimated slave counts have thus tended to be in the thousands, or at most in the tens of thousands. Davis, by contrast, has calculated that between 1 million and 1.25 million European Christians were captured and forced to work in North Africa from the 16th to 18th centuries."

"The origins of African slavery in the New World cannot be understood without some knowledge of the millennium of warfare between Christians and Muslims that took place in the Mediterranean and Atlantic and the piracy and kidnapping that went along with it.[1] In 1627 pirates from the Barbary Coast of North Africa raided distant Iceland and enslaved nearly four hundred astonished residents. In 1617 Muslim pirates, having long enslaved Christians along the coasts of Spain, France, Italy, and even Ireland, captured 1,200 men and women in Portuguese Madeira. Down to the 1640s, there were many more English slaves in Muslim North Africa than African slaves under English control in the Caribbean. Indeed, a 1624 parliamentary proclamation estimated that the Barbary states held at least 1,500 English slaves, mostly sailors captured in the Mediterranean or Atlantic.["
  • musicology1985
    musicology1985 Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    real ? ...we started it and lost it.....common knowledge to anybody studious of black history.

whites are like our personal Frankenstein, the rawest of the bunch.....so of course, karma's a ? .

the black devil is the father of the white devil. & yes, daddy is proud.
  • frostyicy
    edited September 2011
    Options
    daevion0 wrote: »
    "COLUMBUS, Ohio – A new study suggests that a million or more European Christians were enslaved by Muslims in North Africa between 1530 and 1780 – a far greater number than had ever been estimated before.

.["

So basically this is information that was known prior to your reading this news article and you're just acquiring this knowledge? The only thing that they seemed to find out is that the number was higher than previously suggested.....
  • DarkRaiden
    DarkRaiden Members Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Didn't White people enslaving Africans happen before 1530?? I swore it did. Could be wrong though.
  • Kushington
    Kushington Members Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I been knew that, but they dont teach that in schools....u gotta do your own research when it comes to black/african ? or else you wont no nuthin past mlk and american slavery

learn some more ? lil ? , history is a trip
  • Kushington
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Nothing in the western world happened by chance, its all calculated and predetermined

ever wondered where the word "barbarian" came from? Now you know...
  • @My_nameaintearl
    @My_nameaintearl Banned Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    See? You started it and you got what you deserved, blacks.
  • frostyicy
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Kushington wrote: »
    I been knew that, but they dont teach that in schools....u gotta do your own research when it comes to black/african ? or else you wont no nuthin past mlk and american slavery

learn some more ? lil ? , history is a trip

c/s. History is His-story. Meaning the white mans story. Go back to Kemet and Nubia. Learn about that real ? that they don't teach in school.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    edited September 2011
    Options
    c/s. History is His-story. Meaning the white mans story. Go back to Kemet and Nubia. Learn about that real ? that they don't teach in school.

? my coach said the same thing two days ago
  • daevion0
    edited September 2011
    Options

about to read about that now
  • @My_nameaintearl
    edited September 2011
    Options

Learn what? That ancient Egyptians had an average lifespan of only 26 years? That they used slavery and religious brainwashing to control their population? That they had a rigid caste system that left most people illiterate and poor?

Egypt sucked.
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    people love to bring up the most irrelevant ?
  • daevion0
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Learn what? That ancient Egyptians had an average lifespan of only 26 years? That they used slavery and religious brainwashing to control their population? That they had a rigid caste system that left most people illiterate and poor?

Egypt sucked.

1. Egypt basically invented math

2.the greek gods that you hear about are mostly stolen from them

3. the pyramids are some of if not the most advanced structures ever built

4. We invented you cracka you are nothing but a mutation you have no right to speak on us gods. This is a predominately black(gods) forum why are you here? LEAVE
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    DarkRaiden wrote: »
    Didn't White people enslaving Africans happen before 1530?? I swore it did. Could be wrong though.

yes it did..ur right.....there alot of ignorance in this thread
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    DarkRaiden wrote: »

No...you're not wrong. That's correct...
  • @My_nameaintearl
    edited September 2011
    Options
    1. Egypt basically invented math
    False.
    False.
    3. the pyramids are some of if not the most advanced structures ever built
    False. They're impressive for their time, but the materials were quarried by slaves.
    4. We invented you cracka you are nothing but a mutation you have no right to speak on us gods. This is a predominately black(gods) forum why are you here? LEAVE
    I already exposed the racism behind this nonsensical belief in a multi platinum thread. Everybody knows your ridiculous race mythology is ? .

It's a white man's world, kid. Why are you here? LEAVE.
  • daevion0
    edited September 2011
    Options
    No...you're not wrong. That's correct...

enlighten me
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    enlighten me

african slave trade has was happening long before 1530....look it up
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    enlighten me

Trans-Atlantic slave trade?
  • Kushington
    edited September 2011
    Options
    african slave trade has was happening long before 1530....look it up

I think he meant the transatlantic slave trade.....

and ktulu(mynameainearl)...what about europe? They aint never been ? ...stalin and ? starved and killed their own people to feed their hunger for power, like dozens of european leaders before them, its a euro thing to ? /oppress the majority for the benefit of a wealthy minority

even further back, european serfdom was virtually the same as slavery, in fact the word "slave" come from "slav", aka eastern european nations that were mostly comprised of a very small elite ruling over serfs/slaves...

and europe is wack as ? , they the original swaggerjackers....stonehenge is mad weak compared to the pyramids bruh, ? was building gigantic intricate stone monuments while crackas was stackin rocks lmaoooooo
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options

The "greek gods" were the 'men of renown' before the flood.

"There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of ? came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown."
    Genesis 6:4