Jesus cured lepers? So what? 95% of humans are naturally immune to leprosy and...

Options
@My_nameaintearl
@My_nameaintearl Banned Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭
edited September 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
... it's also 100% curable with antibiotics, invented by science.

http://www.leprosy.org/leprosyfaqs.php

Howcome Jesus never heals people who have lost a limb? You never see an arm or leg grow back, but these religious people pray all day long.

I find it fascinating.

Comments

• DRO
    DRO Members Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Whats the cure for blindness?.. Jesus has one

whats the cure for death?j......esus has one

oh and fyi, jesus did heal people who lost limbs... Remember when they came to take jesus and the diciple cut off the dudes ear?... Jesus healed it...

Next time you wanna troll.... Diss jesus... Do ya research!
  • @My_nameaintearl
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Whats the cure for blindness?
    http://gizmodo.com/5277456/stem-cell-contact-lenses-cure-blindness-in-less-than-a-month
    whats the cure for death?j......esus has one
    Show us an example.
    oh and fyi, jesus did heal people who lost limbs... Remember when they came to take jesus and the diciple cut off the dudes ear?... Jesus healed it...
    That's a nice myth.

The Bible also says that if you pray for something, Jesus WILL give you what you ask for. Matthew 21:22!

"And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive." (King James Version)

"If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.” (New International Version)

So, since people lose limbs all the time worldwide,

And since there's about two BILLION Christians in the world,

Why aren't you people praying for these unfortunate limb-losing folks to have their limbs miraculously grow back?

Why isn't there modern evidence of anybody's missing leg or arm growing back after they lose it?

Medical science can potentially re-attach your severed limb. There's video evidence of this. Photographs. Eye witness reports. First hand accounts.

But the best you religious people can do is say "Well it happened in the Bible two thousand years ago."

Show and prove.
  • DRO
    edited September 2011
    Options
    why give you EXAMPLES and you simply turn around and call them myths?

Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead.... but i guess thats a myth also
  • @My_nameaintearl
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Yes, that's a myth, patna.
  • DRO
    edited September 2011
    Options
    yes, that's a myth, patna.

ok earlultltltltltltltlu

? wake up early in the morning to hate on the savior!!!
  • @My_nameaintearl
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Ay ? you know nahmean Jesus ass ? ain't real ? , nahmean ? ?
  • @My_nameaintearl
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Judah, there are ancient stories of Hindu gods healing the sick, blind, injured, etc.

But you don't believe those. So why do you believe a Christian New Testament myth about the same thing?

I know the answer. It's because you're ? .

Now I will return to not paying attention to you hilarious black/hebrew/israelite/christian/afrikan ? .

Have a good one. And please get some ? .
  • DRO
    edited September 2011
    Options
    judah, there are ancient stories of hindu gods healing the sick, blind, injured, etc.

But you don't believe those. So why do you believe a christian new testament myth about the same thing?

I know the answer. It's because you're ? .

Now i will return to not paying attention to you hilarious black/hebrew/israelite/christian/afrikan ? .

Have a good one. And please get some ? .

so just as i stated...

We can give u examples....just as you request..but u still gone hate....
  • DRO
    edited September 2011
    Options
    ether-i-am wrote: »
    "In 520 A.D. an anonymous monk recorded the life of Saint Genevieve, who had died only ten years before that. In his account of her life, he describes how, when she ordered a cursed tree cut down, monsters sprang from it and breathed a fatal stench on many men for two hours; while she was sailing, eleven ships capsized, but at her prayers they were righted again spontaneously; she cast out demons, calmed storms, miraculously created water and oil from nothing before astonished crowds, healed the blind and lame, and several people who stole things from her actually went blind instead."

..and u posted this because?
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Copy cats don't come before what they are being accused of copying.

thats what i was thinkin. haha

man religious people say the darnest things. lol
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I think Jesus healed leopards, he might've been a veterinarian.

As for the other stuff, plastic surgeon? He was ahead of his time using wood as prosthetics.
  • VIBE
    edited September 2011
    Options
    If Jesus is ? and ? is omnipresent then can he be ahead of his time?

If Jesus is ? he was crazy.
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    The T/S is bored and hates his life..he really wants to ? himself but is too chicken, therefore makes another redundant thread hating on the Messiah.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited September 2011
    Options
    "In 520 A.D. an anonymous monk recorded the life of Saint Genevieve, who had died only ten years before that. In his account of her life, he describes how, when she ordered a cursed tree cut down, monsters sprang from it and breathed a fatal stench on many men for two hours; while she was sailing, eleven ships capsized, but at her prayers they were righted again spontaneously; she cast out demons, calmed storms, miraculously created water and oil from nothing before astonished crowds, healed the blind and lame, and several people who stole things from her actually went blind instead."
    on the other hand... you know how women lie
  • whar67
    whar67 Members Posts: 542
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I think the T/S is pointing out the pattern of spiritual healing going on. Several times I have met people that claimed ? cure cancer in them or a loved one or claim divine intervention due to a near miraculous recovery following an accident. When I point out that nearly 2% of cancers will go into remission or the damage following their accident probably missed nerve or spinal damage they actually get mad. It seems a better solution to them that instead of random occurrence a divine being is looking out for them. While this might be comforting it fails as a concept if one looks beyond himself.

If a divine being was looking out for people with cancer then we would see a variance in remission rates amongst religious people. Except we don't.

To extend this faulty logic atheist often point out how ? hates amputees (http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/ its a website too :) ) If ? power is limitless, he loves his children, and intercedes on their behalf regarding cancers and other illnesses why then does this loving, all-powerful being not regenerate the limbs of those injured and seek his blessing?

Only one of two possible outcomes exist

1. ? does not intervene at all
    2. ? thinks anyone with a lost limb or severed spinal cord sucks.
  • @My_nameaintearl
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Why won't ? heal amputees, bruh? Why?

Why?

Nas Lost.
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    4739c1ea.jpg

Lol @ this Ralph Tresvant ass ? coming to the defense.

You're obviously bored and hate your life as well..you got too much time on your hands. The job classifieds are in reach for you..use it.
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Lol @ this Ralph Tresvant ass ? coming to the defense.

You're obviously bored and hate your life as well..you got too much time on your hands. The job classifieds are in reach for you..use it.

word these alias is some hoes, they was raise by a pack of 3 legged ? .
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Maybe it's just me, but when it comes to Jesus healing people, I think we emphasize the miraculous way too much. It is not to say that if ever a time a man comes along and makes a blind man see or the lame walk (or other things) that we wouldn't pay attention. But, maybe there is more to it than tricks. Maybe these things, whether people believe it or not, is a show of authority or respect. I mean...I can't go around healing people, but if I can go around and promise people I'm going to do something and it gets done almost instantly, there has to be some kind of authority over something; that when I say something...it's going to happen.
  • DRO
    edited September 2011
    Options
    copy cats don't come before what they are being accused of copying.
    capitalb wrote: »
    thats what i was thinkin. Haha

man religious people say the darnest things. Lol

u can copy cat jesus...

Just historically tell a false tale of someone who did simular things and put them at an earlier date... Simple..

Next!
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    copy cats don't come before what they are being accused of copying.
    lol .
  • DRO
    edited September 2011
    Options
    or historically tell a false tale of someone who did similar things as others before him and say he was the one and only to do it.

History is fun.

.. You know whats funny..

When u go to hell, u gone have that same pose that you got in yo avi, with the devils nutts danglin on yo foe head
  • VIBE
    edited September 2011
    Options
    u can copy cat jesus...

Just historically tell a false tale of someone who did simular things and put them at an earlier date... Simple..

Next!

Of course you can copy the Jesus story, that's AFTER the fact it's there to copy. Just like the fact that the Jesus story has many other stories before it with many striking similarities, therefore meaning what? The Jesus story is a copy cat of one's before it. It's simple logic really, it's not like Jesus' story came then everyone started making up things after the fact. Each civilization/culture backs their stories up by hundreds or even thousands of years before Jesus.
  • VIBE
    edited September 2011
    Options
    .. You know whats funny..

When u go to hell, u gone have that same pose that you got in yo avi, with the devils nutts danglin on yo foe head

You know what's funny? That avi you have describes you. You have a mask and preach this word and say to live by it, then you take it off and ask for nudes from dudes and talk about banging dudes wives when they're beaten and battered.

So when you go to hell, which mask you gonna wear?
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    You know whats funny..

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

*takes a deep breath* ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

*breathing in short breath's* ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

that was funny, Ether and these other alias is sick and twisted. Ether is white, he told on his self in the reason how he lived on a military base and was mopping floors just so he can get paid and have his mother take him to the store to by some rap albums. that's white people ? , aint no black women going to take their child to the store to cop an hip-hop album after Ebony Magazine and them done make them think that hip-hop is about emcee's calling black women ? and is about violence.

white kids have their mother to take them to the store to do that ? , he aint foolin nobody.