Top Ten Worst Kinds of Online Gamers

Options
focus
focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2010 in IllGaming
10. F-Bombers

Yelling "the F-bomb” might be great stress relief every once in a while, but using "the most versatile word in the world" as EVERY word in a sentence is just a bad idea. This form of speech is usually used by the aforementioned loud mouthed kids, and other D-bags of the highest caliber.

9: “Over The Top” Players

These are usually folks that get far too into character in any online game, whether it be an MMO like World of Warcraft or even a game like Call of Duty. These are usually the folks that act as if you ruin the game in an MMO if you are not into character at all times. Asking a question like “when is the football game on?” could lead to “what the hell is football, this is the WORLD OF WARCRAFT!”. Usually when you run into this type of person it’s better to remove them from your playing experience completely.

8. Joke Players

A joke player can come in many forms. You have breeds such as your wrong way drivers in Mario Kart, Kangaroo jumpers in FPS games, or even people that ruin the simplest games like online poker by going “all in” on every hand. While it may be funny at first, any of this stuff wears thin pretty quickly.

7. Sexuality questioners

I’m not sure when the word “? ” became synonymous with “hello,” but its transference has confused me for quite a while. While it may be fun for anonymous folks on 4-chan to casually kick it around, any sort of activity involving non-crazy people should be left homosexual slur-free.

6. People with domestic issues

Have you ever played an online game only to be flat out annoyed by someone having a spat with their significant other? Not only do situations like these annoy the player but can lead to a handicap for the team that the person in question is on. Let’s face it, how well are you going to be playing if you are a small child yelling about chocolate milk?

5. Racists

That’s cool that your backwoods hate-speech flies in rural Alabama, but most people don’t want to hear about it online. Put away your ? robes and actually try to enjoy the game for once without trying to indoctrinate other folks into your agenda.

4. Glitchers

It’s never fun to be playing a game and witness a guy flying around whilst shooting unlimited rocket ammo. While most games try to contain this, or allow glitchers to only be in certain marked rooms, some seem to always want to play in the wild. Whether you ruin the game by swimming under the level, flying over everyone’s head, or have infinite headshot ammo, we don’t want you.

3. “Team Captains”

Even the simplest online game such as Altitude, tends to draw one of the most annoying guys ever, the guy that insists on bossing everyone around despite his own skill in the game. Let’s say that your team misses a flag in capture the flag only to suddenly be berated by a ? trying to hand out pointers all the time. These usually aren’t good pointers, mind you, but messages like, “C’MON NOOBS GAAAAAWD!!”. Seriously dude, shut up.

2. “Everyone Else is cheating” guy

In a direct foil to the “team captain class,” we have folks that assume everyone is cheating for just about any reason. These are usually the people that whine about invisible codes of conduct because they’re losing (spawn killing, camping etc) and won’t let it go. It could be as simple as some guy overusing a weapon that he likes that sets this person off, harassing said player so that everyone else can hear it.

#1 Trash-talking kids

It’s awesome when a grown man jumps online only to be yelled and cursed at violently by a foul-mouthed little kid. Not to be a grizzled old man here, but if you are nine years old, I doubt you should be playing games like Halo 3 online - much less weaving a tapestry of foul language coarse enough to make a sailor blush.

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=7853&mp=1

Comments

• satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    muthafucks who come on my Borderlands game with modded weapons. GTFOH.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    lol @ thread

THIS HERE

6. People with domestic issues

Have you ever played an online game only to be flat out annoyed by someone having a spat with their significant other? Not only do situations like these annoy the player but can lead to a handicap for the team that the person in question is on. Let’s face it, how well are you going to be playing if you are a small child yelling about chocolate milk?

I was playing MW2 and some chick was asking her dude for money, he was like "? , I ain't givin' you ? , that's why you gotta work". She was mad as hell trying to go off on dude, lmao he was like "wtf? get the ? outta here" and SHE LEFT. That's the only argument I've heard and I was bustin' up.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    lol id be number 6. when i lived at home playing COD4 i had a loud ass argument with my mom about what a pig my sister was. in spanish.
  • lurkinassnigga
    lurkinassnigga Members Posts: 453 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    focus wrote: »

3. “Team Captains”

Even the simplest online game such as Altitude, tends to draw one of the most annoying guys ever, the guy that insists on bossing everyone around despite his own skill in the game. Let’s say that your team misses a flag in capture the flag only to suddenly be berated by a ? trying to hand out pointers all the time. These usually aren’t good pointers, mind you, but messages like, “C’MON NOOBS GAAAAAWD!!”. Seriously dude, shut up.

My roommate. I never want to see anything Halo related ever again.
  • Shyheim
    Shyheim Members Posts: 580
    edited April 2010
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    9: “Over The Top” Players

These are usually folks that get far too into character in any online game, whether it be an MMO like World of Warcraft or even a game like Call of Duty. These are usually the folks that act as if you ruin the game in an MMO if you are not into character at all times. Asking a question like “when is the football game on?” could lead to “what the hell is football, this is the WORLD OF WARCRAFT!”. Usually when you run into this type of person it’s better to remove them from your playing experience completely.

L

M

A

O

...If you're THAT into a video game (Or any other 'Nerdy' endeavor, for that matter), me thinks you need to hang it up...Forever...
  • a_wack_poster
    a_wack_poster Members Posts: 588 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I have been #10 #3 and #1... 3 more than the others since I go in games solo
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I hate #4,in NBA 2K10 when guys get beat they start doing that gliching when you shoot or pass,
  • wilijamesme2
    wilijamesme2 Members Posts: 152
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Number 10 & 3 describe me perfectly. lol
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    playing street fighter online and the other player ONLY does fireballs.

this in general has made me tight for almost 20 years.
  • freegamesX
    freegamesX Members Posts: 2
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I don't like the first two... I hate them