Massive European Pyramids Discovered

Options
Olorun22
Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Massive European Pyramids Discovered

Comments

• VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Damn. Gonna be really cool to seem then uncover the biggest one, ? looks like a mountain.
  • @My_nameaintearl
    @My_nameaintearl Banned Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    It's a hoax and this has been known for years.
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I've always thought pyramids were overrated.

I mean sure, they're kind of cool and complex, but I wouldn't want one.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited September 2011
    Options
    this is the accurate position
  • young_reezy
    young_reezy Members Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Is this real or fake? somebody explain this to me.
  • VIBE
    edited September 2011
    Options

How? Who said this? So the hills or mountains are formed into pyramid shapes by chance?

The man who has found this has all to lose if it's a "hoax" because he's funded this all on his own. I find it hard to believe it's a hoax, it's more than likely people who are upset about this find. When it's all uncovered they'll finally have no choice but to accept it.
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Stuff :
    The term Bosnian pyramids has been used for a cluster of natural geological formations sometimes known as flatirons[1] near the Bosnian town of Visoko, northwest of Sarajevo. The hill named Visočica became the focus of international attention in October 2005 following a news-media campaign promoting the idea that they are human-made and the largest ancient pyramids on Earth. Scientific investigations of the site show that the so-called pyramids are natural formations and that there are no signs of human building involved.[2][3][4] Additionally, scientists have criticised the Bosnian authorities for supporting the pyramid claim saying, "This scheme is a cruel hoax on an unsuspecting public and has no place in the world of genuine science."[5]
    The 213-metre (699 ft) Visočica hill, upon which the Old town of Visoki was once sited, is roughly pyramid-shaped. The idea that it constitutes an ancient artificial edifice was publicised by Bosnian author and metalworker Semir Osmanagić. His subsequent excavations at the site have uncovered what he claims to be a paved entrance plateau and tunnels, as well as stone blocks and ancient mortar which he has suggested once covered the structure. Osmanagić has claimed that the dig involved an international team of archaeologists from Australia, Austria, Ireland, Scotland and Slovenia.[6] However, many archaeologists he named have stated they had not agreed to participate and were never at the site.[7] The dig began in April 2006, and has involved reshaping the hill to make it look like a Mayan step pyramid.[1]
  • VIBE
    edited September 2011
    Options
    :'(

But how did they reshape it? Wheres the rest of the "hill" and what did they use and why does it look like it's not been touched since it's covered with green grasses, bushes and trees?
  • VIBE
    edited September 2011
    Options
    So I'm guessing it hasn't been "PROVEN" as a hoax but just assumed because of______________?
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    So I'm guessing it hasn't been "PROVEN" as a hoax but just assumed because of______________?

Well when all the claims in support of something turn out to be lies, that probably means it's not true.

The whole thing sounds dubious to begin with. He took a topographical map, looked for shapes that were pyramid like and just concluded there must be manmade pyramids under the earth and trees. Where is the science in that? He believes that there are no such natural structures like that. However if you've actually seen a variety of natural earth formations, you know they pretty much come in all types of shapes. A pyramid shape is probably one of the least bizarre shapes for a natural formation.
  • VIBE
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Well when all the claims in support of something turn out to be lies, that probably means it's not true.

The whole thing sounds dubious to begin with. He took a topographical map, looked for shapes that were pyramid like and just concluded there must be manmade pyramids under the earth and trees. Where is the science in that? He believes that there are no such natural structures like that. However if you've actually seen a variety of natural earth formations, you know they pretty much come in all types of shapes. A pyramid shape is probably one of the least bizarre shapes for a natural formation.

What claims has he made that are false? Just the assumption of "pyramid shape, must be a pyramid" ? Hasn't he found sidewalks around the pyramids or?
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited September 2011
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    What claims has he made that are false? Just the assumption of "pyramid shape, must be a pyramid" ? Hasn't he found sidewalks around the pyramids or?

Didn't look like he found much of anything. He stated that they were still looking and that he believed he would find pyramids. It's a hoax because he's presented the information as fact to the point that he's been made a national hero when the truth is at this point it's all just speculation and wild speculation at that. Do you see how big the formation is? It's highly unlikely that is a pyramid. Name one man made structure from the ancient world that is anywhere near that size. Name one large man-made structure of any type that has been covered with layers of rock and trees but still retains it's original shape.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    still pretty cool
  • TimroD
    TimroD Confirm Email Posts: 1,685 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    an article from summer 2010

Bosnian pyramids have been finally confirmed. Pyramid experts from all over the world have confirmed the existence of the Bosnian pyramids. In addition, 90% of all these experts said that the the Bosnian pyramids are by far the world’s largest and oldest pyramids. There are five (5) pyramids in Bosnia and it is said that they are 12000-26000 years old. In 2010 UNESCO added the Bosnian pyramids into their World Heritage sites. UNESCO and the CIA are planning to make the Bosnian Pyramid Valley the world’s largest and most valuable historical monuments by 2012.
    The Bosnian Pyramid Vally consists of the five following pyramids:
    -Pyramid of Sun (world’s oldest and largest pyramid)
    -Pyramid of Moon (world’s second oldest and largest pyramid)
    -Pyramid of Love
    -Pyramid of Earth
    -Pyramid of Boson
    However it is very strange that some famous archeologists have refused to investigate these pyramids and claimed that it’s just a natural hill turned into a hoax by the Bosnian government to attract tourism. However how could they know what’s really there if they haven’t even been there? And since when does archaeologists refuse to explore a possible discovery? It’s as if they were threatened by their governments or something not to explore the Bosnian pyramids and it would make a lot of sense, it would reshape our world history entirely.

lank
    http://www.eutimes.net/2010/08/scientists-confirm-pyramids-in-bosnia-are-oldest-known-pyramids-in-the-world/
  • VIBE
    edited September 2011
    Options
    They nEed to get down there ASAP I know I would if I was an archeologist.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited September 2011
    Options
    key problems with this article:
    TimroD wrote: »
    Pyramid experts from all over the world have confirmed the existence of the Bosnian pyramids.
    #01: why are we not providing a single name of these "pyramid experts?"
    In 2010 UNESCO added the Bosnian pyramids into their World Heritage sites.
    #02: so why is it that when i visit the UNESCO website, they only list two World Heritage Sites for Bosnia, and neither one of them (Old Bridge Area of the Old City of Mostar and Mehmed Paša Sokolović Bridge in Višegrad) is these pyramids?
    UNESCO and the CIA are planning to make the Bosnian Pyramid Valley the world’s largest and most valuable historical monuments by 2012.
    #03: oh, the CIA, huh? (rolls eyes)
    However it is very strange that some famous archeologists have refused to investigate these pyramids-
    #04 (or #01 redux): why are we not providing a single name of these "famous archeologists?"

wait, #05: your link has "flying orbs" photos mixed in with the "proof"
  • TimroD
    TimroD Confirm Email Posts: 1,685 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    janklow wrote: »

#02: so why is it that when i visit the UNESCO website, they only list two World Heritage Sites for Bosnia, and neither one of them (Old Bridge Area of the Old City of Mostar and Mehmed Paša Sokolović Bridge in Višegrad) is these pyramids?

#04 (or #01 redux): why are we not providing a single name of these "famous archeologists?"

yea thats a problem, i didnt check the unesco website if they listed the pyramids
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    ether-i-am wrote: »
    They don't do ? ! ? Flossed out tombs.

lol........wouldn't you wana be buried in one though?
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited September 2011
    Options
    janklow wrote: »

The same thing I was thinking. You would think names would be even more important given that there are supposed famous and knowledgeable people on both sides of the issue. Another point is the article doesn't give any idea whatsoever on how the pyramids have been confirmed.

bosanska_piramida_sunca.jpg

If that's a real pic, and not the image of the supposed pyramid superimposed over the terrain then it looks to be true. A lot of the pics look convincing. I am pretty curious why archaeologists wouldn't flock to check this place out given the pictures. Even if it is a hoax, you would think they'd want to verify it.

What I'd want to see is evidence of more ruins. Pyramids are typically used as tombs and not living establishments. So if these are actual pyramids and not just carved out mountains, where are ruins of the towns and cities associated with these pyramids. You can't tell me they were able enough to build such pyramids but not able to build actual cities for themselves to live in. And where are the historical accounts of these pyramids? If they were the biggest and oldest, you'd think there'd be some written records somewhere talking about them.
  • VIBE
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I think that photo is Photoshopped for a reason. If I'm not mistaken it shows the hill covered in grass, then a pyramid to compare then they overlapped the images to show it fits the pyramid.

If it's a hoax it needs to be proven as to why and not dismissed because of A or B assumptions. Same with it being said it is a pyramid, if it is why? Not just based on it's shape but what evidence is there at the site that shows it's a pyramid.

So far it seems the man who claims this is showing evidence yet it's just being dismissed as ? but why? Has it been investigated?

I honestly don't see what this man has to gain, he's spent his own money on this project. Why do so if it's a hoax? It will be exposed, he will lose all credibility and respect, money, life career etc...

What he's saying and showing has to atleast have truth to it, such as the sidewalks/walk ways he found. He states there's massive pyramids and es gonna prove it, that's what he said.

Anything that doesn't come from him or his team should be taken very lightly, many people will botch his work with false statements and pictures.

Personally, I think many fear what can be changed with this find.