"Arkham Asylum 2" Reportedly "Much Darker," Featuring Two-Face

Options
focus
focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2010 in IllGaming
Batman: Arkham Asylum 2 Will Be 'Really Dark'

by Jim Reilly

April 19, 2010 - It seems Batman: Arkham Asylum 2 is somehow going to be even darker than the first game.

According to a report from ComicBookResources.com, famed Batman voice actor Kevin Conroy, who recently provided vocals for Batman: Arkham Asylum, discussed new details about the upcoming sequel from Rocksteady Studios.

Conroy, who spoke during a panel during the Chicago Comics & Entertainment Expo this past weekend, said the new game will have a similar tone to the animated movie Batman Beyond: The Return of the Joker. "It's really, really dark," Conroy said of the game in relation to the film. "It involves a lot of the villains and it goes to that area - it's that dark."

During the same panel, Conroy let slip that the villain Two-Face would be in the game. "There's a very complicated cast," he said after acknowledging his mistake. "A lot of villains are in it. I'll just leave it at that!"

Publisher Warner Bros. announced the sequel at last year's VGAs award show, just months after the release of the first game. Warner Bros has since purchased the majority share of Rocksteady.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/108/1084576p1.html

Comments

• John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    They better take that xray vision ? out or im not ? with it.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Dopeness.

AND WTF @blazini

that xray ? was sweet.
  • The Smooth One
    The Smooth One Members Posts: 725
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Kevin Conroy = Batman in any voiceover work.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Kevin Conroy = Batman in any voiceover work.

i dunno....I honestly didnt think his voice worked as well as it did in such a realistic medium. i felt the same way when i heard it in the Batman Anime. Hamill was on point as Joker as always though.
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I haven't played the first one but heard it was a good game. Is it worth buying?
  • Sym_
    Sym_ Members Posts: 842
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I haven't played the first one but heard it was a good game. Is it worth buying?

if you can find it for like 30 then yea

can't wait for this game
  • VIBE
    edited April 2010
    Options

Yes. There's different tactics about going in this game. Then after you beat the game you can do all the challenges which get ? hard as hell later.

Overall a seriously bad ass game. THE BEST super hero game out, ever in history imo.

The fighting isn't one sided with just a punch and kick, theres numerous different punches/kicks and counters. Leg sweeps, etc etc it's serious great.
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options

WHAT!??......that ? was piff....it was easy but it was till a damn good game.....you can probably find it for 40 bucks now......
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I believe I will check it out.
  • infamous118
    infamous118 Members Posts: 618 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i never brought the first one. Everytime i go to the store i'm close to buying it then putting it back. Seems like it has alot of stealth ? in it and i hate stealth missions.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i never brought the first one. Everytime i go to the store i'm close to buying it then putting it back. Seems like it has alot of stealth ? in it and i hate stealth missions.

not as much as you think. its definitely not MGS.
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    waiting for the GOTY edition of the first one before i cop it.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Word....I hope they have mr freeze in this one
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options

not nearly as much stealth as you think......and besides.....swinging through the rafters and surveying the enemies and environment from high up is the ? ......believe me.....it ain't like you playing metal gear solid (even though MGS is my favorite franchise)
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Two More Villains Confirmed For Batman: Arkham Asylum 2

by Jim Reilly

April 20, 2010 - Two more villains have been confirmed for Batman: Arkham Asylum 2.

Voice actor Maurice LaMarche, who previously voiced Brain in Animaniacs and Egon Spengler in The Real Ghostbusters cartoon, confirmed on the GeekCast Radio podcast he'll be providing the voice for Mr. Freeze in the upcoming sequel.

"Videogames is hard work, I'll say that," LaMarche said. "I've only done a handful, and I'm very lucky right now, I'm about to go in and do Mr. Freeze for Arkham Asylum 2."

LaMarche couldn't go into much detail about the character, but did say Mr. Freeze will be very, very angry.

"To tell you the truth, I think, contractually, I can't. I've got to keep it under wraps," he said when asked to talk about the character. "As for Mr. Freeze's role in the game, he's out for blood right now because... I can't tell you the situation, but he's actually somewhat of a sympathetic character within the framework of the game."

Actor Stana Katic, star of ABC's Castle, also confirmed via her Twitter account she'll be voicing Talia al Ghul, daughter of Ra's al Ghul.

"Just recorded a character voice on the next Batman videogame. Never did that before," she wrote. "For those who were asking: I'm voicing Talia al Ghul, the daughter of Ra al Ghul (played by Liam Neeson in "Batman Begins")." Her posts have since been deleted, but not before LeagueOfComicGeeks.com could snag a screenshot.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/108/1084725p1.html
  • VIBE
    edited April 2010
    Options
    MAN! If they can pull this off (voice wise and make it sound right) this game is gonna be EPIC
  • infamous118
    infamous118 Members Posts: 618 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    word? yeah thats why i never got into metal gear solid like that lol. i might check it out before the 2nd one comes out.
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    sweet imbout to cop this ? fh sho the first one was so ill..
  • Shyheim
    Shyheim Members Posts: 580
    edited April 2010
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    Batman: Arkham Asylum 2 Will Be 'Really Dark'

by Jim Reilly

April 19, 2010 - It seems Batman: Arkham Asylum 2 is somehow going to be even darker than the first game.

According to a report from ComicBookResources.com, famed Batman voice actor Kevin Conroy, who recently provided vocals for Batman: Arkham Asylum, discussed new details about the upcoming sequel from Rocksteady Studios.

Conroy, who spoke during a panel during the Chicago Comics & Entertainment Expo this past weekend, said the new game will have a similar tone to the animated movie Batman Beyond: The Return of the Joker. "It's really, really dark," Conroy said of the game in relation to the film. "It involves a lot of the villains and it goes to that area - it's that dark."

During the same panel, Conroy let slip that the villain Two-Face would be in the game. "There's a very complicated cast," he said after acknowledging his mistake. "A lot of villains are in it. I'll just leave it at that!"

Publisher Warner Bros. announced the sequel at last year's VGAs award show, just months after the release of the first game. Warner Bros has since purchased the majority share of Rocksteady.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/108/1084576p1.html

How redundant.

It's Batman for Chrissakes--OF COURSE it's gonna be 'dark!' Even the more cartoonish/goofier characters (i.e. Joker and Harley) are ? Psychotic killers, even in the Animated Series.

Hell, I'd be more surprised if it was Batman & Sonic at the Olympic Games or some ? .

(And yes, I'm aware that some villains are supposed to die in this one--Spare me)

blazini wrote:

...WhatTheHuh?
  • joseph sun
    joseph sun Members Posts: 6,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ill be buying the first one next month.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    blazini wrote: »

not like its mandatory
  • VIBE
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Shyheim wrote: »

How redundant.

It's Batman for Chrissakes--OF COURSE it's gonna be 'dark!' Even the more cartoonish/goofier characters (i.e. Joker and Harley) are ? Psychotic killers, even in the Animated Series.

Hell, I'd be more surprised if it was Batman & Sonic at the Olympic Games or some ? .

(And yes, I'm aware that some villains are supposed to die in this one--Spare me)

...WhatTheHuh?

WhatTheHuh are YOU talking about?
  • Shyheim
    edited April 2010
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    WhatTheHuh are YOU talking about?

What blazini said.

Duh?

Was it THAT hard to understand?
  • VIBE
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Before what you said to blazini, wtf were you trying ranting about lol?
  • Shyheim
    edited April 2010
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    Before what you said to blazini, wtf were you trying ranting about lol?

Seriously?

I really have to go over this again?

ProTip: Re-Read the first post, then my reply.

Again, it's not that hard to understand...