What do you think about this 3-D movement?

Options
VIBE
VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2010 in Lights, Camera, Action!
Movies, now on tv's soon to be on gaming systems not too long from now.

Do you think it's gonna ? tv? Has it killed the movies?

Comments

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    It hasnt killed anything.. i could careless about it.. ? gonna be walkin around in 3-D stunna shades soon.. people wont be able to see without them.. from watchin that ? so much... they are definitely gonna make a killing off of it but i wont be thirsting for this tech
  • marie addams
    marie addams Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    it's already over done
  • thenatureboy
    thenatureboy Members Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    As far as movies go, I think it depends on the movie. Certain movies are going to work really well in 3-D, Avatar was great in 3-D. Yet, I don't see a trend where there are more 3-D movies in theaters compared to traditional ones.

TV has another few years I think before people really want to check it out.
  • VIBE
    edited April 2010
    Options
    As far as movies go, I think it depends on the movie. Certain movies are going to work really well in 3-D, Avatar was great in 3-D. Yet, I don't see a trend where there are more 3-D movies in theaters compared to traditional ones.

TV has another few years I think before people really want to check it out.

Well, the 3-D tv has already started. Seen commercials on 'em. But wtf? 3-D glasses cost like $80 and up PER glasses. Many reviews came in and said that they give nice 3-D but aren't comfy at all.

This 3-D movie thing is over done, like, I can give a ? less about seeing a movie in 3-D that I gotta pay like what, 5-10$ extra for? Not worth it. I've enjoyed movies in regular format for the past like 20 years so why 3-D? Especially in gaming later on, that ? is going to fail.

As for tv, you know that Nickolodeon, Disney, Cartoon Network are gonna jump on that ? with special edition shows for the 3-D tv viewers. Kids love that 3-D effect. Then what? News in 3-D? Game shows in 3-D? Network shows in 3-D? wtf a 3-D tv for anyway?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I think they're over doing it now it was cool when they first brought it back out but now selling 3-D tv's and putting it on just about every other movie that comes out....smh it's gonna get played out soon
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ? hate 3d. its starting to get over done. its startin to ? moives. i dont think t.v will be hit as hard, i dont think ppl are gonna shell out the racks for a 3d t.v if there are even out yet.
  • rooshidavid
    rooshidavid Members Posts: 3
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Stating genuinely my perception regarding 3D, I would say that this 3D system would not ? the world. It is totally depending on the producers. It is not ethical that to increase the capital and fame the excess loss of technologies should be conducted. There is no need of every movie's conversion in to 3D. I believe that there is not necessary of advanced technology in all the field.
    Actually the real graded disadvantage of the 3D screen savers is that the amount of system resources it requires. Well in a computer this 3D system can slow the whole system and also it other programme work at a reduced speed in comparison to normally. One other big disadvantage is the processor heats up too much which in turn decreases the life of the processor.
  • im2fly
    im2fly Members Posts: 429
    edited April 2010
    Options
    If aint shot with that expensive ass camera that James Cameron got.... its a fail. Only one other movie I know to date that has used the same 3-d camera as Cameron and thats the new Resident Evil movie.

All these ? movies trying to do 3-D suck. Half of the time they take the shorcut and shoot the movie with a standard film camera then try to go and mak it 3-D in editing which does nothing but make the ? blurry, like the Clash of Titans. To me its wack cuz they just trying to get people to pay more for ? . If you're not going to take the time or money to shoot your movie right in 3-D then don't waste you time.

Oh and them 3-D TVs is just over the top and a reason to sell overpriced flat screens. I already wear glasses. So u want me to take off the glasses that help me actually see to put on a pair of glasses just to watch a ? episode of Greys Anantomy.....? YOU
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    The Jamel wrote: »
    wants to watch Ireversible in 3d....

I pray you're just joking and aren't that sick in the head.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • VIBE
    edited April 2010
    Options
    im2fly wrote: »
    If aint shot with that expensive ass camera that James Cameron got.... its a fail. Only one other movie I know to date that has used the same 3-d camera as Cameron and thats the new Resident Evil movie.

All these ? movies trying to do 3-D suck. Half of the time they take the shorcut and shoot the movie with a standard film camera then try to go and mak it 3-D in editing which does nothing but make the ? blurry, like the Clash of Titans. To me its wack cuz they just trying to get people to pay more for ? . If you're not going to take the time or money to shoot your movie right in 3-D then don't waste you time.

Oh and them 3-D TVs is just over the top and a reason to sell overpriced flat screens. I already wear glasses. So u want me to take off the glasses that help me actually see to put on a pair of glasses just to watch a ? episode of Greys Anantomy.....? YOU

I wear glasses too, and most all of the reviews said that all pairs of 3-D glasses aren't user friendly to those that already wear glasses.(that you wear at home for your 3-D tv)
  • The Prime Minister
    The Prime Minister Members Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Tron will be dope.
  • The Prime Minister
    The Prime Minister Members Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    I wear glasses too, and most all of the reviews said that all pairs of 3-D glasses aren't user friendly to those that already wear glasses.(that you wear at home for your 3-D tv)

They should have some type of clip-on for people who wear glasses.
  • d-weezy
    d-weezy Members Posts: 82
    edited April 2010
    Options
    It's being used to cover up ? movies and puts a break in between all the damn unwanted remakes being produced lately.
  • sdca
    sdca Members Posts: 290 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Ok... I’m not gonna lie, I wanna see upcoming “Piranha 3-D”! lol.
    I’m in the minority though, because I don’t mind 3-D movies. I think they're fun
    Especially when done properly.

They probably just use 3-D, so people actually go to the cinema & pay, avoid piracy
  • d-weezy
    d-weezy Members Posts: 82
    edited April 2010
    Options
    im2fly wrote: »

Hilarious.

I feel your pain.
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options