Did My PS3 just get the YLOD?

Options
Michael_Malice
Michael_Malice Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2011 in IllGaming
So I go to put in a Bluray and the ? is blinking red and then goes to green and then to Yellow and back to red. Am I ? ? I can't even get the damn Bluray out. It's a launch 60GB so I guess it's about time for it to die anyway but damn I'm ? what are my options?

Comments

• joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Take a sip of Black Label and remember the good times. lol

You can either send it to Gophermods and they can repair for half the price of Sony. You can open it yourself and take out the BR. Buy a new one (bundles are cheap and you know its brand new).
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    you got to do that fan test ? to eject the disc.look it up on youtube b.
  • Michael_Malice
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Preciate the help guys. I'm a check out them GopherMods cats. I will look up the fan test. I gotta get that BluRay out cause it's from NetFlix. FML.
  • young law
    young law Members Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    *pours out liquor*

happened to me about 2 months ago

saddest ? ever. i couldnt believe it. i made fun of xbox fanboys for years about their dreaded red ring and and now my beloved PS3 shamed me
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    it was a 60 gig launch. it had a very good run.
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    its crazy how systems are expected to break down after a few years now when i have a snes thats 19 years old and works great
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    yea gophermods is the way 2 go But no repair is permanent

Itll last like another year or more if u lucky
  • joshuaboy
    edited September 2011
    Options
    PSN still down?

Cardiff still down?

Swansea up :p
  • infamous118
    infamous118 Members Posts: 618 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    its crazy how systems are expected to break down after a few years now when i have a snes thats 19 years old and works great

exactly. I got a nes from the 80s in the closet still working with no problem
  • DatNiggaB1
    DatNiggaB1 Members Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    psn still down?
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    cardiff still down?

lmao.............
  • [Trillmatic]
    [Trillmatic] Members Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    the amount of mechanical parts in a ps3 compared to a snes is probably quadrupled x10 so the more things that make it work=the more things that can break. very simple.
  • Michael_Malice
    edited September 2011
    Options
    it was a 60 gig launch. it had a very good run.

Yeah I guess I can't be too mad. Me and the wife were just talking the day before about how long we have had it with no problems. I ? jinxed myself.
    yea gophermods is the way 2 go But no repair is permanent

Itll last like another year or more if u lucky

Damn. I guess I will try to get another year out of it after I get it fixed and see what's up.
  • Bcotton5
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Yeah I guess I can't be too mad. Me and the wife were just talking the day before about how long we have had it with no problems. I ? jinxed myself.

Damn. I guess I will try to get another year out of it after I get it fixed and see what's up.

yea they are pretty reasonable 70-80 bucks
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Usually when I vacuum my crib, I vacuum out all the vents on my PS3 to prevent dust build up. I've been thinking about doing this to my 2 1/2 year old Fat PS3 as a preventive measure.

7 parts to this. Looks simple enough.
  • Michael_Malice
    edited September 2011
    Options
    yea they are pretty reasonable 70-80 bucks

Yeah I went to their website and it says 69.00 so I can ? with that.

Ayo B, I tried that Fantest to get that Netflix Bluray out and that joint ain't working. I looked online and apparently that doesn't work for the launch 60GB Fatboys. Is there any other way I can get that disc out or will Netflix just have to wait until I send it to GopherMods?
  • One Spliff
    One Spliff Members Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Cardiff still down?

lol............
  • Mr. 66Hundred
    Mr. 66Hundred Members Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    PS3 is similar to a ? ... keep it clean, keep the dust out, and don't sticc yo disc in all ? nilly... you gotta be gentle if you want to play longer
  • joshuaboy
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Yeah I went to their website and it says 69.00 so I can ? with that.

Ayo B, I tried that Fantest to get that Netflix Bluray out and that joint ain't working. I looked online and apparently that doesn't work for the launch 60GB Fatboys. Is there any other way I can get that disc out or will Netflix just have to wait until I send it to GopherMods?

Your warranty done up anyway, so just open it yourself. It's not hard at all.
  • Michael_Malice
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Your warranty done up anyway, so just open it yourself. It's not hard at all.

I'm actually sending it out to GopherMods today. I'm going to try and do overnight shipping so they can get it in the AM. I need to get this joint back so I can try this Battlefield. Or I can just up for this X-Box Live to try it on 360. I might as well sell this damn 360 w/ kinect. I haven't played this joint in months.
  • Bcotton5
    edited October 2011
    Options
    gophermods will get the disc out
  • Michael_Malice
    edited October 2011
    Options
    gophermods will get the disc out

That's what's up. Hopefully I will have my Fatboy back by Friday.
  • MacOne
    MacOne Banned Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Preciate the help guys. I'm a check out them GopherMods cats. I will look up the fan test. I gotta get that BluRay out cause it's from NetFlix. FML.

Call netflix and tell em you mailed it back why they aint get it yet...i have done it a few times they dont charge you and they mail ur next disc...sometimes ? gets lost in the mail, it happens
  • Michael_Malice
    edited October 2011
    Options
    MacOne wrote: »
    Call netflix and tell em you mailed it back why they aint get it yet...i have done it a few times they dont charge you and they mail ur next disc...sometimes ? gets lost in the mail, it happens

Damn that's what's up. I ain't even think about that ? . I'm about to get them ? .
  • Michael_Malice
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Yo B, Gophermods got my ? on Monday. I got an email about 4:30 PM saying they received my joint. Is the 24 Hour turn around time legit? Will i have my ? by Friday or what? I should be getting an email today saying they have fixed my ? and sending it back right? Talk to me......
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    ? my ps3 blew up bout 4 months ago. gamestop still gave me 100 for it plus they gave me extra 25% off on buying a new one.