is this picture ether to a tea partier's soul?

Options
earth two superman
earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2010 in The Social Lounge
just saying. i mean, its clearly there. i wonder if theyd so hell bent on saying O's born in Kenya if his mother was alive...

birthCertObama.jpg

Comments

• elhuey
    elhuey Members Posts: 156
    edited April 2010
    Options
    no, this aint ether. people who believe conspiracy theories cannot be convinced they are wrong, except by there own revelations. if anything, overwhelming proof only strengthens their belief regardless of how nonsensical it is, because they can easily say that this is a forgery or a fake, which in their mind proves that they were right all along. if someone wants to believe something, all the facts and proof in the world would not convince them otherwise.
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited April 2010
    Options
    No, they will just say it is faked, made after he became president, or is a different Barack Hussein Obama. They know he's an American citizen, just doing what every racist group does, they find something at first that isnt there, start rallies and try to convert people using this, when proof comes out it isnt what they thought, they then argue its faked or staged and by that time they have a good following who will believe its fake. The only way to change a persons mind on another race is to have them spend time with people of another race. These tea party people only hang with whites, they believe all negativity hyped at blacks because they havent had the oppurtunity to judge for themselves, the only way they change their mind is when they spend time with black people in something other than VS rally, or they die. The second of which is best suited for them.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I dont care where he is from. I just hope alot of stuff being said really ISN'T true. Because I have been seeing alot of those disaster commercials for Ready.Gov on TV alot...........
  • shootemwon
    shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    "9/11 was an inside job"

"The moon landing was faked"

-Anything involving Illuminati or Freemasons-

"Obama wasn't born in America"

Try using facts or evidence to explain reality to these psychos. It doesn't work. Conspiracy theorists don't think, they're just zombies who refuse to accept that their insane beliefs are fiction.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited April 2010
    Options
    elhuey wrote: »
    no, this aint ether. people who believe conspiracy theories cannot be convinced they are wrong, except by there own revelations.
    this is essentially the correct answer.
  • busayo
    busayo Members Posts: 857
    edited April 2010
    Options
    lol@the father's race.

conspiracy theorists won't be satisfied though.
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    this is essentially the correct answer.

Not really. Poster makes a faulty premise. People who believe in theories are not wrong all the time.

Some theories have been proven to be true. It is not a given that just because someone labels something as a conspiracy theory it means it is not valid.
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    just saying. i mean, its clearly there. i wonder if theyd so hell bent on saying O's born in Kenya if his mother was alive...

birthCertObama.jpg

Looks forged to me.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    A racist is gonna be a racist.....few things will change that.
  • elhuey
    elhuey Members Posts: 156
    edited April 2010
    Options
    And Step wrote: »
    Not really. Poster makes a faulty premise. People who believe in theories are not wrong all the time.

Some theories have been proven to be true. It is not a given that just because someone labels something as a conspiracy theory it means it is not valid.

when i say conspiracy theories, i mean a bunch of convoluted ? pieced together by a bunch of paranoid internet detective potheads. yeah some conspiracies have been proven true, but then there is the ? in which people abandon reason and stubbornly stick to an argument regardless of how backwards it may be.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited April 2010
    Options
    And Step wrote: »
    Not really. Poster makes a faulty premise. People who believe in theories are not wrong all the time. Some theories have been proven to be true. It is not a given that just because someone labels something as a conspiracy theory it means it is not valid.
    the issue, though, is whether or not they can be convinced otherwise. actually, i think the OP was going off the presumption of people who believe in demonstrably ridiculous conspiracy theories (like the Obama birth certificate one) being the "people who believe conspiracy theories" in question. what can you do to convince THAT guy that his theory is false?
  • DarcSkies777
    DarcSkies777 Members Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    No, they claim it's photoshopped.
  • jennifer.bush*
    jennifer.bush* Members Posts: 551
    edited April 2010
    Options
    when has this issue been pt of the tea party platform? link plz
  • shootemwon
    edited April 2010
    Options
    when has this issue been pt of the tea party platform? link plz

He should have said "Birthers" instead, but it's still worth noting that only 41% of Tea Partiers believe Obama was born in the US.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20002539-503544.html
  • jennifer.bush*
    jennifer.bush* Members Posts: 551
    edited April 2010
    Options
    who give a ? what ONE poll says, the point is it's not a platform, it's not what they r mad about
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Jenn have you or do you plan to goto a Tea Party rally ..................:)
  • shootemwon
    edited April 2010
    Options
    who give a ? what ONE poll says, the point is it's not a platform, it's not what they r mad about

As I already stated, he should have said "Birthers" instead of "Tea Partiers". I was just sharing the poll. So far I don't see anyone challenging you about the platform.