the ? Movement is the new Black Power Movement

Options
Darius
Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
edited April 2010 in The Social Lounge
i aint gotta tell yall that.

in terms of the struggle. The only modern americans who can truly empathize with the homosexuals and their persecution is the blacks. But it seems like the ? are getting more accomplished now than the blacks did in 40years.

Comments

• Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Its ridiculous in my opinion to even compare homos to the black power movement. ? were never enslaved, and ? were never kept from voting. If you were ? but never told anyone, you didnt have anything to worry about. If you watch all these ? protesters on tv, they dont want equal treatment, they want special treatment which is ? .
  • Darius
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Its ridiculous in my opinion to even compare homos to the black power movement. ? were never enslaved, and ? were never kept from voting. If you were ? but never told anyone, you didnt have anything to worry about. If you watch all these ? protesters on tv, they dont want equal treatment, they want special treatment which is ? .

no one cares about slavery anymore.

i'm talking in the last few decades.
  • El Payaso
    El Payaso Members Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Yo, its almost time to go!!
  • Idiopathic Joker
    edited April 2010
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    no one cares about slavery anymore.

i'm talking in the last few decades.

Even in the last few decades, what have homos went through that even compares to the black power movement? Other than being denied marriage?
  • Darius
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Even in the last few decades, what have homos went through that even compares to the black power movement? Other than being denied marriage?

been the victims of hate crimes and deragatory slurs plus they protest alot too.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    edited April 2010
    Options
    been the victims of hate crimes and deragatory slurs plus they protest alot too.

mexicans, arabs, indians(not american indians), and even blacks are still victims of hate crimes today
  • death187sin
    death187sin Members Posts: 6,098 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    This ? is a deep fried ? helmet sandwich for this thread.. smh.. no atl
  • explicitx
    explicitx Members Posts: 88
    edited April 2010
    Options
    mexicans, arabs, indians(not american indians), and even blacks are still victims of hate crimes today

All races are victims of hate crimes, not just the ones you stated.
  • tri3w
    tri3w Members Posts: 3,142 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i aint gotta tell yall that.

in terms of the struggle. The only modern americans who can truly empathize with the homosexuals and their persecution is the blacks. But it seems like the ? are getting more accomplished now than the blacks did in 40years.
    Didnt ? SHut this ? Down B4?????
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Why do people love comparing everything with the homosexual movement to what the blacks went through? Do ? wanna show people how bad their struggle is so they compare it to one of the greatest struggles ever to prove their point.
  • ItzGravitation
    ItzGravitation Members Posts: 7,205
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ? fight for equality predates blaccs and continues
    blaccs gave up so ts i cant agree
  • tri3w
    edited April 2010
    Options
    idk y a Wanna Compare movements...........? is like Comparing a light Drizzle to a Monsoon..........Anyway they had a Thread like this in Reason..........this is What i said

Homosexual Community is (For the Most part) Accepted in Mainstream America,Its on the TV even on the Radio, u cant Escaped from it. Im Not saying that there hasnt been Discrimnation but It was No Where near the same Capacity as the Struugles With Black Folk; Nobody Forced them From a Country and Boated them over here, Nobody Forced them to Work As Slaves and beat them, Destroyed there Famliy and ? their WOman and Children, Nobody Ever held them Down As 2nd Class Citzens to the point where they Feel that the only way to get a Fair Deal in life is by illegal means, No Cops every Stopped them and beat them juast because their ? . Most of them Dont live in Improvished Hoods or "ghettos", They Didnt have Towns of people Exterimnated, Relatives End up missing and Ran outta the South just Cuz they "? ".They Nver had a Terrioist Organization Formed just For the sole Purpose of hunitng Down and killing as many Blacks as they Can. We had all this things happening to us, We still Gettin Shot up by Cops, Still live in the Poorest Hoods. In MaintStream America Being ? is "Cool" is acceptable, If ur seen with another opinon Contradictory to the Status Quote ur seen as a "Bigot" a "Homophobe" and other nonesense Like that, Meanwhile U r still able to Spew Racist Rhetoric on AIr and Still Have a Job (Fox 5 news). Dont Feed me that ? that ? Rights is just like the Fight For Civil Rights. The ? man Has NEVER, EVER, (I repeat and bold for emphasis) NEVER, EVER, EVER had NEARLY as worst as the Black Man or any person of Color in this Country. We Paid our way in Blood; the Blood of Emmitt Till, MLK Medgar Everes. Malcom X, Countless Civil Rights Workers that Went "Missing", Dead Relatives that marched and Were brutalized for it, The Four little Black Gurls that lost they Lives in that Chruch bombing, So many others. They Died to Futher our Way. thats What we fought with, Blood sweat and tears. The HomoSexual Community Never had it that Crazy like that, How Dare Ya Compare that ? and Disrespect the Movement like that, SMH for ya ? who sayin that Crazy ? and r BLACK. ............

make a long story SHort.............We been here For almost 300 yrs and still have to face ? .............The ? Community has More Clout and more Acceptance than we ever had..........Just because the Fightin for the "Right to Marry" dont mean ? , We had to Fight just to live in this ? ...........
  • ItzGravitation
    edited April 2010
    Options
    tri3w wrote: »
    idk y a Wanna Compare movements...........? is like Comparing a light Drizzle to a Monsoon..........Anyway they had a Thread like this in Reason..........this is What i said

Homosexual Community is (For the Most part) Accepted in Mainstream America,Its on the TV even on the Radio, u cant Escaped from it. Im Not saying that there hasnt been Discrimnation but It was No Where near the same Capacity as the Struugles With Black Folk; Nobody Forced them From a Country and Boated them over here, Nobody Forced them to Work As Slaves and beat them, Destroyed there Famliy and ? their WOman and Children, Nobody Ever held them Down As 2nd Class Citzens to the point where they Feel that the only way to get a Fair Deal in life is by illegal means, No Cops every Stopped them and beat them juast because their ? . Most of them Dont live in Improvished Hoods or "ghettos", They Didnt have Towns of people Exterimnated, Relatives End up missing and Ran outta the South just Cuz they "? ".They Nver had a Terrioist Organization Formed just For the sole Purpose of hunitng Down and killing as many Blacks as they Can. We had all this things happening to us, We still Gettin Shot up by Cops, Still live in the Poorest Hoods. In MaintStream America Being ? is "Cool" is acceptable, If ur seen with another opinon Contradictory to the Status Quote ur seen as a "Bigot" a "Homophobe" and other nonesense Like that, Meanwhile U r still able to Spew Racist Rhetoric on AIr and Still Have a Job (Fox 5 news). Dont Feed me that ? that ? Rights is just like the Fight For Civil Rights. The ? man Has NEVER, EVER, (I repeat and bold for emphasis) NEVER, EVER, EVER had NEARLY as worst as the Black Man or any person of Color in this Country. We Paid our way in Blood; the Blood of Emmitt Till, MLK Medgar Everes. Malcom X, Countless Civil Rights Workers that Went "Missing", Dead Relatives that marched and Were brutalized for it, The Four little Black Gurls that lost they Lives in that Chruch bombing, So many others. They Died to Futher our Way. thats What we fought with, Blood sweat and tears. The HomoSexual Community Never had it that Crazy like that, How Dare Ya Compare that ? and Disrespect the Movement like that, SMH for ya ? who sayin that Crazy ? and r BLACK. ............

other blaccs sold blaccs so its our own fault we were enslaved
    dont hat the player hate the game

? cant get married so thats being a second class citizen
    thank ? Obama gave ? the right to visit partners in the hospital

plenty of ? have been stopped and beaten for being ? and chances are a cop has beat a ? for being ? before

who doesnt get shot by cops?

only ? girl is cool in america even though the ? be faking it and making a mockery of what ? have been through

everyone paid blood to get rights
    if it wasnt worth the bloodshed why fight in the first place

no racial fight for equality is greater than the next but the fight for ? rights was and continues to be more of a challenge than blacc civil rights
  • tri3w
    edited April 2010
    Options
    [QUOTE=ItzGravitation;538899B

plenty of ? have been stopped and beaten for being ? and chances are a cop has beat a ? for being ? before

only ? girl is cool in america even though the ? be faking it and making a mockery of what ? have been through

[/QUOTE]

R u really Serious............Homie I hope u aint black and talking this ? ..........
  • ItzGravitation
    edited April 2010
    Options
    R u really Serious............Homie I hope u aint black and talking this ? ..........

as ashamed as i am to admit sometimes...yes
    i am blacc and its not ?
    its reality
  • tri3w
    edited April 2010
    Options
    as ashamed as i am to admit sometimes...yes
    i am blacc and its not ?
    its reality

then ur a Bigger fool than what i give u Credit for..........
  • ItzGravitation
    edited April 2010
    Options
    then ur a Bigger fool than what i give u Credit for..........

i guess i'm a fool for not agreeing with you and sharing your views?
    if being myself makes me a fool i'll gladly sport that title
  • tri3w
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i guess i'm a fool for not agreeing with you and sharing your views?
    if being myself makes me a fool i'll gladly sport that title

No..............What makes u a Fool is Disrepecsting 1 of the Biggest and Largest (If Not THE biggest) movements and Struggles for equality ever, and Yet still have the nerve to Call urself a Black man.........No, in the History of this COuntry has any ? man Had it even a Fraction as Diffluct as a Blackman had.........We were in subservient rols and postions while ? men had leading Roles in Hollwood............Arguably the most powerFul Man in America besides President was a Card Carrying HomoSexual, everybody who knew Him knew this(J. Edgar Hoover), Meanwhille We was jsut Marchin So we can get a Chance to Sit on the Front of the bus..........Yea the ? Community may have been Discriamted, But not nearly as much as the black COmmunity......Like I sad b4, we paid in blood,
  • Punisher__
    Punisher__ Members Posts: 3,031 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ? fight for equality predates blaccs and continues
    blaccs gave up so ts i cant agree

Do you know what "predates" mean?
  • ItzGravitation
    edited April 2010
    Options
    No..............What makes u a Fool is Disrepecsting 1 of the Biggest and Largest (If Not THE biggest) movements and Struggles for equality ever, and Yet still have the nerve to Call urself a Black man.........No, in the History of this COuntry has any ? man Had it even a Fraction as Diffluct as a Blackman had.........We were in subservient rols and postions while ? men had leading Roles in Hollwood............Arguably the most powerFul Man in America besides President was a Card Carrying HomoSexual, everybody who knew Him knew this, Meanwhille We was jsut Marchin So we can get a Chance to Sit on the Front of the bus..........Yea the ? Community may have been Discriamted, But not nearly as much as the black COmmunity......Like I sad b4, we paid in blood,

well seeing that i'm blacc and bi my struggle>>>yours and the blaccs before me
    is that why you mad?
  • Punisher__
    edited April 2010
    Options
    other blaccs sold blaccs so its our own fault we were enslaved
    dont hat the player hate the game

no racial fight for equality is greater than the next but the fight for ? rights was and continues to be more of a challenge than blacc civil rights

@ the bolded...

Examples?
  • ItzGravitation
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Punisher__ wrote: »
    @ the bolded...

Examples?

fucc i look like....news reporter?
    do your own research cuz i can easily say give me an example when a blacc man got beat for being blacc
    ? are often victims of hate crimes so what proof do you need
  • tri3w
    edited April 2010
    Options
    do your own research cuz i can easily say give me an example when a blacc man got beat for being blacc

U cant Give Proof then Y bring up??? We can Easliy give proof ot Where Black men have been Beaten or Shot up.......Hell it happens here all the time......
  • Punisher__
    edited April 2010
    Options

Exactly. So you say one thing...and can't support it? I tend to think you enjoy being a shock poster...which explains why people don't take you seriously at all.

Rodney Glen King (born April 2, 1965) is an American who was the subject of police brutality by Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) officers on March 3, 1991. A bystander, George Holliday, videotaped much of the incident from a distance.
    The footage showed LAPD officers repeatedly striking King with their batons. A portion of this footage was aired by news agencies around the world, causing public outrage that raised tensions between the black community and the LAPD and increased anger over police brutality and social inequalities in Los Angeles.
    Four LAPD officers were later tried in a state court for the beating but were acquitted. The announcement of the acquittals sparked the 1992 Los Angeles Riots. A later federal trial for civil rights violations ended with two of the officers found guilty and sent to prison and the other two officers acquitted.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rodney_King
  • tri3w
    edited April 2010
    Options
    well seeing that i'm blacc and bi my struggle>>>yours and the blaccs before me
    is that why you mad?

LOL sure........U put urself in that predicament if u really being "Discriminated" against like ya say ya r. I havent Seen a ? man be Discriminated against like i have seen Black folk..........Folks Cant help Being Black,