Resistance 3 Flops

Options
focus
focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2011 in IllGaming

Why do PS3 owners brag about exclusives, but then not buy them?

Gears 3 already has over a million in pre-orders.

Comments

• vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    360 has less exclusive which means more marketing so of course gears gonna sell a millie what other exclusive is there to cop?
  • Terrorist_Jones
    Terrorist_Jones Banned Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    man,, i need that MJ wit the popcorn gif,,,all this thread need now is E2S
  • Alkindus
    Alkindus Members Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    Halo ... ?

What exclusives does PS3 really have besides ? of War . . . . ?

lot of cool series like ICO, Gran Turismo, Killzone, Uncharted, Twisted Metal, Ratched and Clank etc, basically every genre is represented. Also less populair series/games like motorstorm (apocalypse is the ? ) heavy rain, yakuza etc.

copped the triple for demon's souls and mgs4 back in 09
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Halo ... ?

What exclusives does PS3 really have besides ? of War . . . . ?

Seriously..
  • One Spliff
    One Spliff Members Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    are those first week sales ?
  • Alkindus
    Alkindus Members Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Resistance 3 is probably floppin due to the lack of marketing, on the other hand I have no idea what their target was and/if they are makin a profit now or are strugglin to break even. a lot of quality games are droppin this month and the next(and the month after that lol) gamers don't have all the time/money....if you don't have a long term fan base/getting the press/web hyped/bribed('sponsered') and minute long commercials promoting your game these months chances are you ain't selling ? .

Main things thats ? up is if the developer gets shut down which means less games for us lol.
  • focus
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Lack of marketing?

Sony brought back Kevin Butler JUST for this game.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    i haven't heard of half those.

I didnt know uncharted was exclusive either.. that game was piff

You have got to be kidding me, you haven't heard of those and didn't know that Uncharted was exclusive? Yo even my sister who only has a Wii knows that ? , SMH.
  • VIBE
    edited September 2011
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    Lack of marketing?

Sony brought back Kevin Butler JUST for this game.

I'm sure Resistance would've sold well on the xbox, don't act like xbox fans don't really die inside like damn, that does look good. Xbox is pretty much a whole shooter genre of gamers, that's all the xbox really serves for your ? games that sell well. So of course the Halos and Gears are gonna sell. Look at all the exclusives for PS3, it's a wide variety and serves all genres. This shows that PS3 isn't just on a one track mind with Resistance 3 being a shooter, it's gonna sell but not do big ass numbers. The ONLY big seller in shooters like that is gonna be CoD, everyone wants MP, not single player. Look at KZ3, it sold decent but not everyone wants to play single player anymore with shooters. Thanks to CoD, Counterstrike, BF, etc it's all about MP shooters now.
  • One Spliff
    edited September 2011
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    You have got to be kidding me, you haven't heard of those and didn't know that Uncharted was exclusive? Yo even my sister who only has a Wii knows that ? , SMH.

sorry to burst your bubble sir. vibe, but outside of the internet/arcade the average gamer has'nt heard of half those titles...

mgs4 and ninja gaiden sigma are the only games worth bragging about on the ps3, the rest are average.

cant speak for GT5 tho, but i heard it was'nt great...but i loved the GT series.

KZ2 was a joke...

n im glad akindus didnt mention infamous or lbp...outside of gamer forums nobody checks for most ps3 exclusives...

focus has a point wen he stans the 360, their exclusivess seem to be more popular.
  • VIBE
    edited September 2011
    Options
    One Spliff wrote: »
    sorry to burst your bubble sir. vibe, but outside of the internet/arcade the average gamer has'nt heard of half those titles...

mgs4 and ninja gaiden sigma are the only games worth bragging about on the ps3, the rest are average.

cant speak for GT5 tho, but i heard it was'nt great...but i loved the GT series.

KZ2 was a joke...

n im glad akindus didnt mention infamous or lbp...outside of gamer forums nobody checks for most ps3 exclusives...

focus has a point wen he stans the 360, their exclusivess seem to be more popular.

LOL

LBP
    Infamous
    ? of War
    Resistance
    Uncharted
    Killzone
    MGS4
    Motorstorm
    Demon's Souls
    NGS
    GT5
    Ratchet & Clank

please look at the diversity, this doesn't cater to ONE genre (shooters) unlike the 360. 360 consists of many "? " gamers buying shooters and compare this list, which is the most popular games as exclusives for the PS3 to the 360's?

Exactly, that's why Vagrant said compared to 360, 360 has LESS exclusives so it's easier to sell to a whole fan base of shooters. Again, which is why CoD or even BF3 will sell better on the 360. Shooters galore over there. I'm not stannin' the PS3 but I'm just saying look at facts and numbers and reasons why, don't assume it flopped because it "sucks".

(BTW, all those exclusives for the PS3 are GOAT for the most part. Especially LBP)
  • One Spliff
    edited September 2011
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    LOL

LBP
    Infamous
    ? of War
    Resistance
    Uncharted
    Killzone
    MGS4
    Motorstorm
    Demon's Souls
    NGS
    GT5
    Ratchet & Clank

please look at the diversity, this doesn't cater to ONE genre (shooters) unlike the 360. 360 consists of many "? " gamers buying shooters and compare this list, which is the most popular games as exclusives for the PS3 to the 360's?

Exactly, that's why Vagrant said compared to 360, 360 has LESS exclusives so it's easier to sell to a whole fan base of shooters. Again, which is why CoD or even BF3 will sell better on the 360. Shooters galore over there. I'm not stannin' the PS3 but I'm just saying look at facts and numbers and reasons why, don't assume it flopped because it "sucks".

(BTW, all those exclusives for the PS3 are GOAT for the most part. Especially LBP)

i agree with all that but that wasn't my point.

my reply was concearning your response to Young-Ice, u seemed surpised because he hadd'nt heard of those ps3 exclusives...

my point is simply that most averge/casual gamers wudnt have heard of msot ps3 exclusives or played them, thats down to many factors...

as for your last comment...ehhh...i disagree...

LBP - 2/10
    Infamous - 4/10
    ? of War - havent played, but i'd say based on the demo 8/10
    Resistance - 7/10
    Uncharted - game about a descandant of a notorious slave trader, lol...not even guna rate it.
    Killzone - 6/10
    MGS4 - 9/10
    Motorstorm - never heard of it
    Demon's Souls - havent played, only recently released in UK
    NGS - 10/10
    GT5 - havent played
    Ratchet & Clank - never heard of it
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    One Spliff wrote: »

But the average gamer knows how to turn on and off his PS3 with the controller. :p
  • One Spliff
    edited September 2011
    Options
    that ? is GOAT status
    They need to make a new prince of persia game

sands of time was ? awesome

revolutionary, i was shocked at first.
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    This only means the game will be go down in price sooner. Which is fine by me because there is already too many games to cop this season. They should have dropped this earlier in the year.The only FPS people are checking for right now is BF3 and MW3.
  • One Spliff
    edited September 2011
    Options
    BIGRuss wrote: »
    This only means the game will be go down in price sooner. Which is fine by me because there is already too many games to cop this season. They should have dropped this earlier in the year.The only FPS people are checking for right now is BF3 and MW3.

im guessin this is why most people didnt bother with resistance 3...

does it really make sense to buy so many games all at once ?

market is over saturated

its quaility not quantatity that matter, espically with the white man ? up the economy...games r 2 expensive wen they drop, mite aswell wait for them 2 drop b4 u cop
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    This ? has only been out for two weeks, right? It's gonna sell a mil....just no time soon lol
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    And yet, life goes on.
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Of course Sony users are going to mention there being a lot of variety in content on the system that they purchased as opposed to only three, at the most, semi-interesting games per year. I remember when I couldn't log on without reading how the 360 had more games and that the PS3 lacked exclusives. Now the PS3 has the greater variety for the consumer regardless of how much they sell. Like VIBE said, the market is much wider.

And I can name a handful of 360 games that didn't surpass 1 million in sale and were hyped by X-Box owners.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    i got a ps3 and i've never even heard of this game. maybe they need to get more commercials
  • One Spliff
    edited September 2011
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    i got a ps3 and i've never even heard of this game. maybe they need to get more commercials

lmao............
  • Terrorist_Jones
    Terrorist_Jones Banned Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    And yet, life goes on.

thats it..? i thoght u were going to ? on alan wake flopping or some,, but this is ur reply to focus thread?!?!?! you losing ur touch my nig
  • focus
    edited September 2011
    Options
    PS3 owners still think "exclusive" equals "quality".

The only PS3 exclusives that anyone cares about are the ones that started on PS2 (Gran Turismo & ? Of War). Killzone started on PS2 also, but it flopped then too so of course its flopping now. But all the rest are either no longer exclusive, or nobody cares about...

Uncharted 3 is Sony's biggest game of the year and it only has 233,811 preorders. Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary has almost as many with 222,185...a ten year old, upscaled game. Gears 3 is sitting at 1,962,073 preorders.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    *don't give a ? about how much a game sells post*
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    damn sony what happened?