Midnight Releases

Options
Vader_F_Kennedy
Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2011 in IllGaming
going to my first one tonight to pick up GOW3.

do they run pretty smooth or are they pure chaos?

Comments

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Long lines playa. specially that game.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I went to the Midnight of MW2 and the ? store sold out before i got in there. id go to a big store like walmart or something.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    I went to the Midnight of MW2 and the ? store sold out before i got in there. id go to a big store like walmart or something.

i got it pre ordered
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    long lines...cool people though

I went to the PS3 midnight open at Best Buy... Fox News was there and everything
  • Indy8503 HD
    Indy8503 HD Members Posts: 554
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Lined up at Best Buy for the PS2 the morning of launch, only cuz my PSone was dying and I saved enough of my money bagging groceries that summer! Plus my high school was on Fall break that day. I never have nor will do it for a game though.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    edited September 2011
    Options
    should i get there early or it wont matter the release is at game stop btw
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Vader wrote: »

Do a lot of people go to that store/know about it? If yes, then go early, if no then you could probably waltz on in and anytime and they'd still have it.

Matter of fact, just go early just in case.
  • Terrorist_Jones
    Terrorist_Jones Banned Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options

man,,, gamestop start handing them out at 12:01 . i make it there at 1:15 cuz the end of the line be at the entrance ,, especially on big releases . go to a 24hr wal-mart supercenter in the hood,, ? aint out checkn for a new release at midnigh
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    only went to 1, and it was for the new resident evil, and it was cuz i had no work the next day and couldnt sleep. lame as ? honestly. not the game, the game was good.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    edited September 2011
    Options
    only went to 1, and it was for the new resident evil, and it was cuz i had no work the next day and couldnt sleep. lame as ? honestly. not the game, the game was good.

yea me i dont have to wrk either
  • im_lux
    im_lux Members Posts: 2,419 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Go the ? to sleep and wait till the morning fool...12 hours without a game you don't have yet won't ? you. You got that ? preorderd too...I thought that was the point...pre ordering ? so you don't have to worry about it being sold out when you do finally get there. Midnight releases are for ? without jobs to go to in the morning in which case you don't need to be buying video games. That is if you're not just off tomorrow.
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    amazon release date shipping>>>>
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    depends on the store..but like lux said..just wait until the morning. thats exactly what im doing. got a class that ends at 9:30 im picking my ? up on the way home
  • im_lux
    im_lux Members Posts: 2,419 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    peagle05 wrote: »
    depends on the store..but like lux said..just wait until the morning. thats exactly what im doing. got a class that ends at 9:30 im picking my ? up on the way home

LOL @ thanks Jeremy Maclin thats fked up...but yeah man I've never been to a midnight release but I'm assuming they're overrated as hell. I heard of people standing in line for up to 2 n a half hours for games like Halo and Black Ops...Damn that I'll wait till the morning after I get up if I want a game that bad or just when I get home and walk right in and come right back out 2 minutes later.
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    im_lux wrote: »
    LOL @ thanks Jeremy Maclin thats fked up...but yeah man I've never been to a midnight release but I'm assuming they're overrated as hell. I heard of people standing in line for up to 2 n a half hours for games like Halo and Black Ops...Damn that I'll wait till the morning after I get up if I want a game that bad or just when I get home and walk right in and come right back out 2 minutes later.

that drop hurt lol

ive been to a couple when i was younger, but theres nothing to it really unless you're there with a bunch of your friends
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Went to the Midnight release of Black Ops and I wasn't impressed. The way ? hyped it up I thought it was gon' be some type of experience or some ? but....nah
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    edited September 2011
    Options
    ? went smooth got there at 1130 and was gone by 1215

its crazy ? was buying the epic edition and the lancer and they cars wouldnt even start smh im thinkin like maybe you should put that bread in ya car
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    edited September 2011
    Options
    im_lux wrote: »
    Go the ? to sleep and wait till the morning fool...12 hours without a game you don't have yet won't ? you. You got that ? preorderd too...I thought that was the point...pre ordering ? so you don't have to worry about it being sold out when you do finally get there. Midnight releases are for ? without jobs to go to in the morning in which case you don't need to be buying video games. That is if you're not just off tomorrow.

yea im off..................
  • Terrorist_Jones
    Terrorist_Jones Banned Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    ? went smooth got there at 1130 and was gone by 1215

its crazy ? was buying the epic edition and the lancer and they cars wouldnt even start smh im thinkin like maybe you should put that bread in ya car

There ? gamers bruh,the real deal. know a white guy who walk to the mall to get a WOW expansion lol.But i didnt laugh long,, my brother reminded me of all the ? i did for a piece of ? . sad,when i was 15, i walked from the southside of chicago to the westside all because i was laid up and the bus stop running.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    edited September 2011
    Options
    There ? gamers bruh,the real deal. know a white guy who walk to the mall to get a WOW expansion lol.But i didnt laugh long,, my brother reminded me of all the ? i did for a piece of ? . sad,when i was 15, i walked from the southside of chicago to the westside all because i was laid up and the bus stop running.

DEAD!........................lol