Fair or Foul Dolphins GM asked Dez Bryant if Mom was Prostitute

Options
goodlookinout
goodlookinout Members Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
Report: Dolphins GM asked Dez Bryant if mom was prostitute

03:40 PM CDT on Tuesday, April 27, 2010
From staff and wire reports

New Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant tells Yahoo! Sports that an NFL executive asked him during a predraft visit if his mother was a prostitute.

“They asked me if my mom’s a prostitute,” Bryant told Yahoo's Michael Silver. "No, my mom is not a prostitute. I got mad – really mad – but I didn’t show it. I got a lot of questions like that: Does she still do drugs? I sat and answered all of them.”

Yahoo! reported, citing an anonymous source that it was Dolphins general manager Jeff Ireland who asked the question.

Ireland, a former vice president of scouting for the Dallas Cowboys and who works under Miami's executive vice president Bill Parcells, declined to comment to Yahoo!

Harvey Greene, the Dolphins’ senior vice president of media relations, said: “It’s our organizational policy that we don’t discuss publicly the process we use to evaluate potential draft choices.”

Dallas traded up from the 27th spot, giving New England its 90th pick (third round) while taking the Patriots' 119th pick (fourth round).

Bryant was considered one of the top receivers in the draft after piling up 2,425 yards and 29 touchdowns in 28 games at Oklahoma State. His stock fell amid questions about his maturity after he was suspended for all but three games in his final college season when he lied to the NCAA about his relationship with former Cowboys star Deion Sanders.

In an article last week in The Dallas Morning News, Jean-Jacques Taylor reported that Bryant's mother, Angela, gave birth to him at age 15. She sold drugs to provide for her kids. But the two are close. Angela celebrated with her son at a party this past Thursday when the Cowboys moved up to select Dez in the first round.

When asked to react to the situation, former NFL lineman Kyle Turley told Yahoo! “I don’t care who you are or who you’re talking to – that kind of question usually gets your [expletive] teeth kicked in. I mean, where do these people come from? That’s just completely [expletive]

Foul that's grounds 2 get Murked

Comments