Isnt It In A League's Best Interest To Fix games Anyway???

Options
jay83
jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
If you have a product, the purpose is to make money.

If You know certain teams will generate an audience that will generate ratings, its not that far-fetched to think the ? is fixed.
Its actually in a leagues best interest to fix games every now and then. Not all of them, not some, but definetly a few here and there. Im not sayin its right, but it definetly makes business sense. Just dont let other people find that ? out.

You could even call it self-preservation.

Comments

• ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ? yoself ? , sports are sports for a reason, go watch the hills ole fake reality tv ass ?
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    jay83 wrote: »

If You know certain teams will generate an audience that will generate ratings, its not that far-fetched to think the ? is fixed.
    Its actually in a leagues best interest to fix games every now and then. Not all of them, not some, but definetly a few here and there. Im not sayin its right, but it definetly makes business sense. Just dont let other people find that ? out.

4limah.jpg......................
  • john2009
    john2009 Confirm Email Posts: 2,081 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    this aint REALITY TV......i dont want no ? fixed
  • jay83
    edited April 2010
    Options
    damn. dont shoot the messenger. Im a huge sports fan, but if you think about it, its a business first. Entertainment second. I think the owners will do whatever is necessary to preserve the league. Thats all Im sayin.
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    come on bro...really???
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    damn. dont shoot the messenger. Im a huge sports fan, but if you think about it, its a business first. Entertainment second. I think the owners will do whatever is necessary to preserve the league. Thats all Im sayin.

so lets say this actually was true, what happens if the fans figure this out..because it would get out. it always does, then guess what? no more money. so it would be completely idiotic to fix games
  • jay83
    edited April 2010
    Options
    peagle05 wrote: »
    so lets say this actually was true, what happens if the fans figure this out..because it would get out. it always does, then guess what? no more money. so it would be completely idiotic to fix games

You dont think in the history of Professional sports, no games were ever fixed? No draft picks were ever fixed? Tim Donnahey just wrote a book about it.(yes he could be lying)

Im not sayin fix every single game. Because you are right that would be idiotic. But every now and then to make sure a series can go all the way to 7 games or make sure a certain team can go further for the ratings. Money is very powerful. I hope Im wrong, but you just never know.
  • D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
  • drbeef
    drbeef Members Posts: 213
    edited April 2010
    Options
    2rhmlx2.gif

• Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    absolutely it is, but it has to be done in a way that the fans don't notice. You think the league WANTED San Antonio and Cleveland in the Finals??? You think Baseball wanted Philly and Tampa Bay or whoever it was in the world series. Hell No.
  • King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    yeah its fixed. cause nobody checkin for a bobcats vs trailblazers nba finals
  • john2009
    john2009 Confirm Email Posts: 2,081 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    absolutely it is, but it has to be done in a way that the fans don't notice. You think the league WANTED San Antonio and Cleveland in the Finals??? You think Baseball wanted Philly and Tampa Bay or whoever it was in the world series. Hell No.

for real that was a finals i didnt give a ? about...bron was 2 young...and i knew da spurs were gonna sweep...spurs are boring...but i would love to play for a loyal franchise like that though....
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    T/S has a point....look at what happened to all those refs gambling....smh that's why the kings didnt win that year against the lakers ? was fixed for the lakers to win it all....I dont think its nessacary to have fixed games but I stll think it's some politicing goin on in some sports
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    it is in the Leagues best interest because they know what the casual fan wants to see and theyll make more money fixing games but while more people will watch the real fans of the game will stop
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options

9151b6488e03572fc534975818cfc170.gif

all over your thread ? !
  • radaman
    radaman Members Posts: 11,912 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I don't know about the whole "let's make sure this team plays this team in the finals" thing but I know it makes the NBA's soul burn when there are sweeps and 4-1 series... Do you realize how much loot they're losing when that happens? And the actual teams that would be hosting the games.... Maaan, I ain't sayin it's right but... I understand lol