Tim Tebow setting records for jersey sales

Options
d.green
d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
Tim Tebow is already setting records
By MJD

When it comes to making and selling rookie jerseys, the NFL's got a quick release. In that way, they're the direct opposite of Tim Tebow.
It's Tebow's jersey, though, that sits atop the list of top-selling NFL rookie jerseys. In fact, it's the fastest-selling rookie jersey of all-time, crushing the record set by Mark Sanchez last year.
"It’s a pretty substantial difference between him and the next guy," NFL spokeswoman Joanna Hunter said of Tebow’s jersey sales.

This wasn't tremendously difficult to predict. Tebow came to the NFL with a legion of fans built-in, and then Denver made a big splash by trading up to get him late in the first round.
It also all worked out pretty conveniently from a jersey standpoint: Brandon Marshall just left town, making Tebow's number 15 available, and the Broncos have a similar color scheme to that of Tebow's college home, the Florida Gators.
Second among rookies in jersey sales was Ndamukong Suh of the Detoit Lions, followed by the first-pick overall, Sam Bradford of the St. Louis Rams. Rounding out the top five were Eric Berry of the Kansas City Chiefs and the newest Dallas Cowboy, Dez Bryant.

Comments

• Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    im honestly thinking about getting my uncle one for his birthday. i think he'd fight me....not even kiddin
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    SMH, this ? will Last A Max Of One season , smh at them just drafting for jersey sales and a few seats, Having a Great team will Fill seats not Gimmicks........
  • Dick Shitman
    edited April 2010
    Options
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    ? Tebow....my broncos are ? idiots

what size you wear my nig? im in a giving mood, nh

TIM-TEBOW-BRONCOS-JERSEY.jpg
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited April 2010
    Options
    im Still Blown that a Team took this dude in the First Round and he's Just now in His Life Learning the Correct way to throw a Football Lol....
  • maximus preme
    maximus preme Members Posts: 1,995 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    im Still Blown that a Team took this dude in the First Round and he's Just now in His Life Learning the Correct way to throw a Football Lol....

lol funny when you think about it right.
  • Dick Shitman
    edited April 2010
    Options
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    Lmao I hope KY basketbal recruits break thier ankles

or maybe you'd prefer the alternate

64-22039-F.jpg
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    sMH @ Tebow selling more than Orton has in his career...and what is he gonna learn from Orton and Brady Quinn? This sh*t is killing me...
  • 1of1
    edited April 2010
    Options
    They should just rock the barber shop socks as the alternate. I can't stand that orange jersey...
  • Dick Shitman
    edited April 2010
    Options
    They should just rock the barber shop socks as the alternate. I can't stand that orange jersey...

i forgot you a broncos fan too. from me to you ?

64-22126-F.jpg
  • 1of1
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ? Shitman wrote: »
    i forgot you a broncos fan too. from me to you ?

64-22126-F.jpg
    *Throws T-Bow-Shirt in the daily rotation under a shirt and tie* Good lookin' my nig...
  • ya boi g
    ya boi g Members Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I expected dude to move some jersey's......
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    sMH @ Tebow selling more than Orton has in his career...and what is he gonna learn from Orton and Brady Quinn? This sh*t is killing me...

McDaniels is an idiot as far a making decisions but if he cant do anything else he can coach a QB up
  • Meet The Sniper
    Meet The Sniper Members Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I know Jacksonville GMs mad as ? right now somewhere off selling fake Gucci purses to power their stadium lights.
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    watch tebow ? on all you doubters
  • trACE_evidence
    trACE_evidence Members Posts: 994 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I personally CANNOT WAIT for this experiment to backfire.

I'm a Bears fan living in Denver so I get hated on something serious.
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited April 2010
    Options

tim-tebow-crying.jpg ..........
  • trACE_evidence
    edited April 2010
    Options

Tebow will be proven to be another Matt Lienart...

A mediocre qb that was surrounded by great athletes.
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options

bnlk.gif......................
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited April 2010
    Options
    SMH at Him Taking Over Brandon Marshall Number....
  • d.green
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Tebow may be unorthodox but he is a winner and is tough as nails. I think people hear how spiritual he is and take it for weakness. Its not.

Denver better just teach him how to read a defense and get the ball out quicker. They shouldn't try to turn him into a pocket passer....its going to Fk him up.

I think a lot of people just jumping on the media's anti-tebow bandwagon. Once Kiper said that BS about Tebow will be drafted as an H-Back (wrong) its been like this.
    I bet a lot of people dissing him never really watched him play. Just repeating stuff they heard.

They said he couldn't be a high school QB...he just went out and became Florida's all-time passer...ever.
    They said he couldn't play QB in college....he just went out and became one of the best QBs ever.

People want to say he had talent, well so did Bradford, Mccoy, Leinhart, Sanchez, Russell etc. When does LSU, Texas, USC, Ohio St, and OU do not have talent?? Even UGA...what did Stafford there? Nothing.

People from Alabama may remember Tebow playing on ESPN in HS as a SR....his team played Hoover AL (was a top team in nation and AL powerhouse). Tebow played for Nease HS in Florida which was full of SLOOOW white boys and even the 2 or 3 black dudes were slow as hell too. Tebow almost beat Hoover by himself and he won a state title with those bums....in FL, a top notch football state.

He's been a winner on every level he's played. I don't know how he'll do in Denver but I damn sure wont bet against him yet. I will wait and see.

I know a lot of people despise the attention he gets and some fans who hate UF want to see him fail but u gotta give props when its deserved though.
  • Tha Killa
    Tha Killa Members Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ^^^

Tebow is the opposite of spiritual. He's RELIGIOUS as ? and it irks a lot of people. Me included. I originally hated dude's guts but wanted to see him have a chance at success in the L. Now I just wanna see some Raider scrub like Tommy Kelly mollywhop his ass and blow his kneecaps out for being so damn annoying and overrated. I have no problem with people embracing their religion and representing it proudly for all of us to see. I do have a problem with people who try to shove it down people's throats like their religion is the best thing since sliced bread, and the only one that's valid/legitimate. If Tebow was muslim, and/or black, with the same skill set and accomplishments, they'd crucify him as passionately as they kiss his ass now.....
  • d.green
    edited April 2010
    Options
    How did he shove his beliefs down anyone's throat? Wearing eye black with a scripture on it, is shoving religion down someone's throat?
    Saying, "thank you" and "? bless"?

And the so called incident about asking people to pray before the wonderlic test was proven to be false.

Religion never seemed to be a problem with Reggie White (RIP), Tony Dungy, Kurt Warner, AC Green, Bobby Bowden or Muhamad Abdul Rauf (he just chose to stand during anthem).
    They all spoke openly about their religion or beliefs and some did more than that.

But its cool, i don't want to turn this into a religion thing.
  • trACE_evidence
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ? ? me with the "He's a winner" arguement.

As if football is an individual sport and he won those games by himself.

SMDH
  • Meet The Sniper
    Meet The Sniper Members Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    d.green wrote: »
    How did he shove his beliefs down anyone's throta? Wearing eye black with a scripture on it, is shoving religion down someone's throat?
    Saying, thank u and ? bless?

And the so called incident about asking people to pray before the wonderlic test was proven to be false.

Religion never seemed to be a problem with Reggie White (RIP), Tony Dungy, Kurt Warner, AC Green, Bobby Bowden or Muhamad Abdul Rauf (he just chose to stand during anthem).
    They all spoke openly about their religion or beliefs and some did more than that.

Co-sign, ? really hate on him for stupid reasons.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    d.green wrote: »
    How did he shove his beliefs down anyone's throta? Wearing eye black with a scripture on it, is shoving religion down someone's throat?
    Saying, thank u and ? bless?

good points i don't think he'll be all that good of a nfl qb but the dude was an all out beast in college i don't get why folks hate him so much either. Remember folks said that Dwight Howard was too religious to fit into NBa locker rooms.