Is The Sixaxis Sony’s Biggest Fail This Generation?

Options
fmills15
fmills15 Members Posts: 9
edited January 2010 in IllGaming
As Microsoft and Sony are set to bring their own set of motion controls to compete with the Wii, motion controls have been the hot topic for the longest. However we are forgetting that Sony already has a form of motion controls installed with the Playstation 3, and it is known as the Sixaxis. The Sixaxis controls have been knocked constantly throughout the whole course of the Playstation 3’s existence on the market. There are many games that utilize the six axis, and few of those experiences have been exactly pleasant.

People have always complained about sixaxis motions being required in video games. For example, many people hated the motion elements of Heavenly Sword, even though it didn’t contain too many. Lair is a game that got nothing but negative responses due to the way you have to play with the controller, mainly people would only accept the game once it was patched with an analog controller option. There have even been cases where people were put off of Killzone 2 because of it’s very few instances where it’s required to use the sixaxis. It is a shame when people are put off such great games, just because of Sony’s attempt to let the player interact with the game.

Full Article Here:
http://www.thekoalition.com/is-the-sixaxis-sonys-biggest-fail-this-generation/

Comments

• VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    It's not bad but it is annoying when I'm laying down or have my controller at an angle and it affects play, but thats about it. Like when I play LBP I have my controller tilted and it's funny cuz my character is looking up the whole time. Some games have an option to turn it off or on. But personally, having a problem with it? No. I think it's a cool and different thing to have, it just needs to be used with the RIGHT games.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Its not bad. But its not something I want to use all the time. It does take getting used to. I remember getting fed up with it in Heavenly Sword, and eventually turned off the option. I think some games try to incorporate it and its not necessary, especially '? ' games. But it works good in casual games like Flower
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I find it to be annoying and hates it in most games

The only game I played so far where it works well in is Flower
This discussion has been closed.