School me on Basic Training.............

Options
Knives Amilli
Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2010 in For The Grown & Sexy
A ? leaves for Lackland AFB on May 12. What should I expect?

Comments

• kanggoodie
    kanggoodie Members Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    A ? leaves for Lackland AFB on May 12. What should I expect?

LOL... i couldn't tell u about AF, but the ARMY basic is pretty hard/fun... you just gotta make the best out of the situation.. and dont take anything that is said or done to you personal, it's all just training....
  • Fundz O' Plenty
    Fundz O' Plenty Members Posts: 10,382 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    kanggoodie wrote: »
    LOL... i couldn't tell u about AF, but the ARMY basic is pretty hard/fun... you just gotta make the best out of the situation.. and dont take anything that is said or done to you personal, it's all just training....

this in a nut shell....
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Early morning wake ups for the first 2 weeks and after it becomes routine. The first few weeks is ruff, but after that it's smooth sailing, but get ready for a lack of sleep. The drill instructers are on ya ass the first few weeks before you become self sufficient. When I was in the Navy we barely saw our DI's after a while, we knew what to do by then.
  • yogirlsxman
    yogirlsxman Banned Users Posts: 499
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Everything is gonna happen. Just do what your told. Try not to fight or get frustrated when stuff seems hard. Try not to get noticed.

I wasnt noticed until week 7 or 8 (Army). I would imitate drills in the bay. One day we are waiting on the range to open each platoon had to send out someone to imitate a drill. My whole platoon snitched. After that i was noticed.
  • Cleveland7venty6
    Cleveland7venty6 Members Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    i did lackland back in 94. it was alot of HURRY UP AND WAIT! just be calm and never trip over your feet or bump into people. it looks silly. take one day at a time and TRY to do your best at everything you do. ITS ALL ABOUT LOOKING LIKE YOU'RE trying to get better. hell, im sure there was a ? guy in our flight and he graduated with us just the same.

but the worse thing that can happen is getting put back a week or two. meaning, if you and your flight is in week 4, and you mess up, you go to another flight that is in their week 2. the recruiter dont tell you bout that stuff huh? lol @ the hustle. but getting pushed back is like flunking a grade in school and the kids treat you differently because you failed. AND THE Training Instructor WILL put someone back a week to make an example out of that person and let yall know that THEY AINT PLAYIN!

Quickies:
    you wont notice sleep. you close your eyes, wake up, back to training.
    the juice makes u unable to get hard. not like you would want to, but you do notice that its been weeks.
    someone in your flight is going to be told that they will pass through if they snitch everything to the training instructor. the dorm rat. there is always one.

other than that, good luck. dont make your service a waste of time. i did my 6 years and bouced. The G.I Bill really works.
  • lord hade
    lord hade Members Posts: 260
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Just expect to be wrong about everything.
    DO NOT Brown nose your Drill Instructors.
    Give everything your all until it hurts.
    Everything you do is an experience you will take with you for life.
    .........did I mention the Air Force has the best looking women of all the branches, and A LOT of them!!!!!!!!
  • king hassan
    edited April 2010
    Options
    The Navy basic was a joke back in 1990. And I can bet it's even softer now, my pops was in boot camp back in 1955 lol and he was in there when it was hella racist. But boot camp is a cake walk. Funny thing is that everybody I went to boot camp with and became cool, there were no snitches. And I've never seen any of those cats again never in life. It's like they never existed. Friend in bootcamp, are fleeting. You are gonna want to whup that one lazy fuckaz ass that ? off the DI's and you end up doing more exercises! :(
  • lord hade
    edited April 2010
    Options
    The Navy basic was a joke back in 1990. And I can bet it's even softer now, my pops was in boot camp back in 1955 lol and he was in there when it was hella racist. But boot camp is a cake walk. Funny thing is that everybody I went to boot camp with and became cool, there were no snitches. And I've never seen any of those cats again never in life. It's like they never existed. Friend in bootcamp, are fleeting. You are gonna want to whup that one lazy fuckaz ass that ? off the DI's and you end up doing more exercises! :(

www.truth.com
    We called them FIELD ? !!!!!

Kimi did you train at Fort Jackson?
  • American Loo VII 3D
    American Loo VII 3D Members Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    alotta mexicans in san antonio. thats all i know. hows ur pushup game?
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    if you take the ? they say to you personally you will be there along time. It's all a mind game.
  • renagade410,
    renagade410, Members Posts: 669
    edited April 2010
    Options
    heard in the airforce you ride a bike instead of actually running any truth to this?
  • John_Blazini
    edited April 2010
    Options
    heard in the airforce you ride a bike instead of actually running any truth to this?
    no we ran.
  • NIKE...
    NIKE... Members Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    blazini wrote: »
    no we ran.

When I was at Ft. Gordon, it was days when the air force cadre rode bikes. We would be mad as hell runnin around a sandy ass track and look over to see them fools breezin by on mt. bikes

but we got our payback when they would march...no air force cadences on an army base ftw. Those cats would look like zombies marchin in complete silence
  • John_Blazini
    edited April 2010
    Options
    When I was at Ft. Gordon, it was days when the air force cadre rode bikes. We would be mad as hell runnin around a sandy ass track and look over to see them fools breezin by on mt. bikes

but we got our payback when they would march...no air force cadences on an army base ftw. Those cats would look like zombies marchin in complete silence

I dont fam I was in 2000 and we ran no bikes none of that ? . I dont know why the branches beef so much when I was in Iraq i was cool with the Army cats. ? one of my home boys was Army and he moved in with us and I put him on to AF smuts.
  • NIKE...
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I dont fam I was in 2000 and we ran no bikes none of that ? . I dont know why the branches beef so much when I was in Iraq i was cool with the Army cats. ? one of my home boys was Army and he moved in with us and I put him on to AF smuts.

It was crazy because we were segregated like blacks & whites in the old south. It was to the point we werent allowed to speak to each other at all.
  • John_Blazini
    edited April 2010
    Options
    It was crazy because we were segregated like blacks & whites in the old south. It was to the point we werent allowed to speak to each other at all.
    I was attached to the army unit for a little bit and they had a briefing i went to. The general was going over some does and don't when it came to mixing with the AF. ? said if u feel the need to engage in intercourse with someone here they better be Air force.
  • NIKE...
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I was attached to the army unit for a little bit and they had a briefing i went to. The general was going over some does and don't when it came to mixing with the AF. ? said if u feel the need to engage in intercourse with someone here they better be Air force.

lmao...i'm not gonna lie...the air force has always had a better quality of females. We just had the quantity..
  • John_Blazini
    edited April 2010
    Options
    lmao...i'm not gonna lie...the air force has always had a better quality of females. We just had the quantity..
    time shave change man AF got hordes of ? man. u go over seas on a deployment and ? more there then in the states. we had our old tent city set up as spots to ? u would walk in a tent and there would be 3-4 couples in there gettin it on. Only ? i miss about the AF so easy to slay ?
  • Cleveland7venty6
    Cleveland7venty6 Members Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options

I use to ride the bike once a year for the fitness test. true story. but i got out in 2000. i dont know what they do now. im sure its something gayer.
  • king hassan
    edited April 2010
    Options
    lord hade wrote: »
    www.truth.com
    We called them FIELD ? !!!!!

Kimi did you train at Fort Jackson?
    In the Navy we called them Sea ? lol
  • lord hade
    edited April 2010
    Options
    DAMN!!!! I know that was awful.

I trained at Ft. Knox in AUGUST!!!! 100 degrees in the shade, 100% humidity!!!!!!
    Non-Coed!!! I didn't see any women for two and a half months!!!!!
  • okaay
    okaay Members Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    The big thing is realizing you really not in shape, if you dont run regulary you in for a treat. The shedule is the hardest part to adapt to.

If you can go 8 weeks without "keeping it real" you'll be fine.

The next thing I wasnt use to is eating the way you gon eat there. I went in at 135, by week 3, 165.

Never volunteer for anything! Dont standout.
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    LMAO @ ? talking "hooah" in this thread

ya'll military mofos miss Uncle Sam LOL
  • NIKE...
    edited April 2010
    Options
    LMAO @ ? talking "hooah" in this thread

ya'll military mofos miss Uncle Sam LOL

i aint gon front...i miss the experience like a muhfuckah but uncle sam can suck the business end of a 40 cal until it busts all over his face
  • okaay
    okaay Members Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I use to ride the bike once a year for the fitness test. true story. but i got out in 2000. i dont know what they do now. im sure its something gayer.

Naw its on a point scale

for a dude 25 and under to get a 100:

62 pushups - 1min
    55 situps - 1min
    1.5 miles - 9:35
    Waist -32in

there is a minimum you have to score in each category to pass this is just to get a hundred