Rappers/Albums that are capable of being Classic

Options
daboyag1
daboyag1 Members, Writer Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭✭
edited April 2010 in The Reason
What albums that are pending to drop have a strong chance of being classics?

What new rappers do you think are capable of dropping a debut classic?

I honestly think J. Cole and Nipsey Hussle can drop a debut classic album, Wale already proved me wrong.

I think this distant Relatives joint can be a classic, if it ever stops leaking so much. and Eminem(with his new mindstate) Recovery can be classic. and maybe Lasers also.

Name some others. I'm not sure about other pending albums yet or rappers

Comments

• fresh.k
    fresh.k Members Posts: 465
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I agree about Nipsey I ? with him, and Cole too but I'm not thrilled by him like many others are.

I think with the right production subjectmatter, direction, timing, and promotion any artist is capable of dropping that classic album. Think of all the artists that have classics under their belt but aren't or weren't necessarily that super lyrical or underground sensation.
  • biggar
    biggar Members Posts: 1,190 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I know he aint new new but Currensy has the ability to drop a classic IMO.

Cole has the template and framework to make a classic.

I even think Drake can make a classic.
  • therealist_
    therealist_ Members Posts: 3,389 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Good question .

As far as new rappers are concerned:

I think Drake can probably drop a classic.
    Its in him, he just need to leave the Young Money Camp and explore other area's in Hip Hop.

After that, i'm not sure about anybody new right now .. I admit, i gotta check out this J.Cole dude tho.

I think the next true classic will have a new feel too it you know? Something diffrent .. something more that we wouldnt expect from others in the game.
    Thats why i feel "Distant Relatives" have the slightest edge over most of the other projects that are coming out.

Oh yeah .. and dont sleep on Big Boi either ..i think his next album might be one of those special albums too
  • jonlakadeadmic
    jonlakadeadmic Members Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    J.Cole can and will.