People say that Nas fell of because his albums sales BUT bawse ricky rawse

Options
chompollet
chompollet Members Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2011 in The Reason
People say that Nas fell because his last platinum album was Street's Disciple. But biggest bawse ricky rawse never had any platinum album EVEN if he is on a MAJOR label. Rofl

2006 Port of Miami

* US: Gold
2008 Trilla
* US: Gold
Deeper Than Rap
2009 Not Gold

Comments

• pothead420
    pothead420 Members Posts: 2,072 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    the common excuse used

"it's due to the fact hip hop sales are down"

or my favorite one dat he himself just started using idk maybe he peeps the ic

"sales dont reflect da quality of his music"

lol officer down
  • therealist_
    therealist_ Members Posts: 3,389 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Aye good point,

i realized that those people who say Nas fell of is dumb anyways ..
  • CMac
    CMac Members Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Aye good point,

C's haters always say dumb ? but it's only on the IC so it's what ever
  • midwestgangsta
    midwestgangsta Members Posts: 996
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Am I missin somethin... whats the connection between Nas and Ross right now? I don't know if you noticed but it really ain't about album sales no more... its about publicity your gettin to make money in other ways... nobody gave u the memo???

and no I'm not sayin Nas fell off... I don't really think he falls off he kinda has his own lane
  • pothead420
    edited April 2010
    Options
    c what i mean lol did i call it or did i call it

*alllllllllll the wayyyy turrrrrrnt uppppp*
  • midwestgangsta
    edited April 2010
    Options
    pothead420 wrote: »
    c what i mean lol did i call it or did i call it

*alllllllllll the wayyyy turrrrrrnt uppppp*

^^LOL... ross ? ur girl or somethin??? or u just have an obsession with him???
  • pothead420
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ^^LOL... ross ? ur girl or somethin??? or u just have an obsession with him???

huh? where's the obsession?
    one comment & im obsessed?
    lol ok good for u bro
  • Neva_Change
    Neva_Change Members Posts: 385 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Because Nas went platinum with every album until Street's Disciple. That's why we say he fell off. Ross has never been platinum but gone gold each time, so for him it's a consistent record. For nas it's just downhill...
  • sickbizzle
    sickbizzle Members Posts: 1,184 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    you mean to tell me that after having to sit through ridiculous amounts of stannin for Ricky Lawse, people reachin like crazy claiming he defeated 50 in the beef through album sales or he's the hottest rapper in the South right now.. and Deeper Than Rap hasn't even gone Gold?

really? not even gold?

enlighten a guy because from here it sounds like all these people hypin up Officer Ricky have taken a clear and undisputable L.
  • deathrowzorrow
    deathrowzorrow Members Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    GOAT thread, Rick Ross always make like 5 music videos for his album but still not platinum. that's a shame
  • midwestgangsta
    edited April 2010
    Options
    pothead420 wrote: »
    huh? where's the obsession?
    one comment & im obsessed?
    lol ok good for u bro

^^LMAO... ya...
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Aye good point,

that pretty much sums it up
  • dnyce215
    dnyce215 Members Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Damn let nas live, ross has a fan base so he does him, everybody can't go platinum every album
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    edited April 2010
    Options
    this thread dont make sense cuz ross has alwayz been a GOLD sellin artist matter fact dtr is almost GOLD now & all his albumz debut @ # 1 a ? like cuuuurry cant say that ross was neva a platinum sellin artist he stayz n his lane....matter fact cuuuurry is da 1 that fell da fuuuk off cuz this duuunkey went from bein a 1st wk platinum sellin artist 2 now just on his 4th album hez just sellin under 150k da 1st wk..man cuuuurry is da 1 that fuukin LOST not ross & waynes rock album is sellin mo then cuuurryz rapz!! ha
  • Supreme_Mind999
    Supreme_Mind999 Members Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    How about ya'll ? become rappers and make albums to try to go gold or platinum..until then shut the ? up and keep going "tin" and "copper" sitting behind your computer screens ? ryding and gossiping about other men's careers and successes..the ill community is filled with obsessed weirdos and ? ryders
  • deathrowzorrow
    edited April 2010
    Options
    How about ya'll ? become rappers and make albums to try to go gold or platinum..until then shut the ? up and keep going "tin" and "copper" sitting behind your computer screens ? ryding and gossiping about other men's careers and successes..the ill community is filled with obsessed weirdos and ? ryders

like irv gotti said, if that ? ricky C.O sign with me he would got platinum albums
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Did Nas fall off based on his sales? Because after SD he dropped two really good albums and both went gold. Yet he is on a decline. Interesting.
  • deathrowzorrow
    edited April 2010
    Options
    jamacia wrote: »
    Did Nas fall off based on his sales? Because after SD he dropped two really good albums and both went gold. Yet he is on a decline. Interesting.

I want my SuperGangster account back. if u tell me what e-mail it got i could get itback =)
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    "Don't buy my songs, y'all don't roll with it
    Coming to concerts singing hoe'ing ?
    ? y'all lil' lil' hoe ?
    I don't need y'all, I'll go gold with it
    I heard y'all was downloading it..."

Testify (Untitled, 2008)
  • [Trillmatic]
    [Trillmatic] Members Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Because Nas went platinum with every album until Street's Disciple. That's why we say he fell off. Ross has never been platinum but gone gold each time, so for him it's a consistent record. For nas it's just downhill...
    real ? .
    i'd rather ppl say his sales fell off than just say he fell off overall...cuz the boy is still nice wit it.
  • supergangster
    supergangster Members Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    real ? .
    i'd rather ppl say his sales fell off than just say he fell off overall...cuz the boy is still nice wit it.

Damn "Trillmatic" that should be the new title of his album
  • dj expanium
    dj expanium Confirm Email Posts: 3,581 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    chompollet wrote: »
    People say that Nas fell because.........
    If were talking about his past albums sales, yes they have gone down.....but that doesn't mean his artistic/creative/lyrical value has gone all the way down either. High artistic/creative/lyrical value doesn't equal high album sales in Hip-Hop these days!!! Hence Hip-Hop these days!!!!! Look back to Nas and even Jay-Z's respectful debut albums.....they both went platinum years later while being critically acclaimed and highly praised. The youth of today don't want to hear Nas....they want to hear what's popular, do and get whatever they can quickly.....GET RICH or DIE TRYIN!!!!!! Hip-Hop sales along with good taste in music and level of education are drastically falling as well.
  • deathrowzorrow
    edited February 2011
    Options
    And his last album Teflon Don didnt go platinum
  • FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Aye good point,

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^