If Hip Hop Is Dead Why Is "The Reason" Still Alive?

Options
NIKE...
NIKE... Members Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2010 in The Reason
Real ? . ? ? about the quality of hip hop and how it's dead and all the other ? . Why is this forum still bookmarked, favorited and googled?

Comments

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    2pac threads.. shrugs..
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    People that say "Hip Hop Is Dead" like myself and many rappers and fans alike doesn't mean we have stopped listening to rap (Though some have because they are that discusted) it just means that we are apprecating the previous eras for what they mean and represent. Rap from the 70's, 80's and 90's will define the culture and History when the books are written on the history of hip hop. Yes their was good music in the 2000's but this will be seen as the beginning of the decline of the genre. Because Rap was untouchable in the previous eras. When NaS said it, I felt it cause he was right we have lost control of the genre as a whole. Rap is losing it's message in meaning. It's sad to see, I'm 30 years old and it's getting harder for me to Defend rap to non-rap listers cause it's that bad right now. Before, I could really enlighten a non-rap listener because of the music I came up from. For all the late 80-90's babies, I know this is your era and you love your music no matter what anyone says and that's fine but you have to understand, there's a reason the old heads are really laying the hammer on the quality of this decade cause Rap has dropped off, any way you slice it. Hip Hop may be dead and it may not but ones thing's for sure, it's definitely in a coma on Life Support right now. I hope it can come back to life stornger than ever but right now it's not looking good.
  • NIKE...
    edited April 2010
    Options
    2pac threads.. shrugs..

thats funny but real tak, i started off as a reason poster but I had to jump ship bcuz these reason ? are narrow minded like a derby horse.
  • NIKE...
    edited April 2010
    Options
    People that say "Hip Hop Is Dead" like myself and many rappers and fans alike doesn't mean we have stopped listening to rap (Though some have because they are that discusted) it just means that we are apprecating the previous eras for what they mean and represent. Rap from the 70's, 80's and 90's will define the culture and History when the books are written on the history of hip hop. Yes their was good music in the 2000's but this will be seen as the beginning of the decline of the genre. Because Rap was untouchable in the previous eras. When NaS said it, I felt it cause he was right we have lost control of the genre as a whole. Rap is losing it's message in meaning. It's sad to see, I'm 30 years old and it's getting harder for me to Defend rap to non-rap listers cause it's that bad right now. Before, I could really enlighten a non-rap listener because of the music I came up from. For all the late 80-90's babies, I know this is your era and you love your music no matter what anyone says and that's fine but you have to understand, there's a reason the old heads are really laying the hammer on the quality of this decade cause Rap has dropped off, any way you slice it. Hip Hop may be dead and it may not but ones thing's for sure, it's definitely in a coma on Life Support right now. I hope it can come back to life stornger than ever but right now it's not looking good.

how can you say it's dead when you dont do the same things you were doing when hip hop was new to you. You cant knock the new school just becuz u dont relate.