Which carter is handling his star better?

Options
therealist_
therealist_ Members Posts: 3,389 ✭✭
edited April 2010 in The Reason
IS it Lil Wayne with Drake or Jay Z with J.Cole?

I think Lil Wayne is so far. Drake got a head start on J.Cole. His stock is falling a little by stalling, but hopefully he works that out.

I think Jay-Z can push J.Cole out there further if he he's ready for that lime light . Jay cant put just anybody out - he gotta make sure the person is ready for that type of exposure first ..

So its about even.

But Who you got?

Comments

• CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Jay

Because of YM i hate where drakes career is going...

He'd be better off w/o wayne and crew.
  • pothead420
    pothead420 Members Posts: 2,072 ✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    foruth option

None

i would say wayne cuz jigga aint doin much with jcole he had him on his tour i think tho

& drake isnt really wayne artist since he isnt sign to him
  • therealist_
    edited April 2010
    Options
    cj012890 wrote: »
    Jay

Because of YM i hate where drakes career is going...

He'd be better off w/o wayne and crew.

I think Drake rapping with Wayne has helped him as a rapper.

I understand what you mean though .. Drake can be versatile with his singing abilities
    ... and i think that could be too big for YM .
  • CaliCing420
    CaliCing420 Members Posts: 146
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Drake's career started off hot, but i think he would be doing a lot better if he was managed by Jay Z. lil wayne isn't doing ? for him and hes too talented to be thrown in with the rest of the young money chumps
  • TaylorGangMade
    TaylorGangMade Members Posts: 22
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Slow & steady wins the race. Anybody can be hot for a moment. Jay grooming Cole to last for a lifetime. Let's see where son be in a few years.
  • therealist_
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Slow & steady wins the race. Anybody can be hot for a moment. Jay grooming Cole to last for a lifetime. Let's see where son be in a few years.

I would like to see Cole drop some more music though ..

or at least be seen around Jay-Z ...
    But maybe working on the process slow is better for the dude.
  • Monizzle
    Monizzle Members Posts: 1,666
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I feel like having big name mentor like a Jay Z or a Lil wayne over hype you up hurts your longevity in the game. It's almost like diddy's projects that never make it past 2 albums. Being behind a big name like hov, weezy or diddy makes people expect so much out of you and your under a microscope. I think it even helps you stay in the game longer if youre like a kanye or wayne, who came in the game with low expectations by their mentors and slowly worked their way to the top. While people can debate if they had consistent follow up albums they sold albums, filled up concert halls and became household names.