Next Assassins Creed with Online Multiplayer

Options
Rated R
Rated R Members Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭
edited January 2010 in IllGaming
The next game in the AC series which will be out in the fiscal year 2010-2011 , that is what Ubisoft told today .
ccording to Ubisoft's Michael Beadle, the new standalone game will also see the return of Assassin Creed II's Ezio.

From the press release:

"The 2010-11 fiscal year will see a greater number of franchise releases than fiscal year 2009-10, including Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction, a new game in the Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon series, Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands, Driver, Raving Rabbids 4 and a new episode of Assassin's Creed, which will be the first in the series to have an online multiplayer mode."

So how do you take a stealth-action game like Assassin's Creed II and make it multiplayer? Put your speculation hats on, ladies and gentlemen, and fill the comment section with your wisdom. I'll start things off: Tag, you're dead.

[UPDATE: A Ubisoft rep confirmed to Kotaku that this new Assassin's Creed will be a standalone game that includes a mutiplayer component. It is not Assassin's Creed II DLC. The rep also told us that Ezio will feature ACII hero Ezio de Auditore]

I wonder how this goin to turn out

Comments

• One Spliff
    One Spliff Members Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i be havin urges to play AC1, but im ? with bioshock rite now..

i got a feelin im gon love AC tho.

bioshock 2 gon have multiplayer 2...dey be takin dis multiplayer ? too far.....metal gear, uncharted etc....stick to what ur good at mtuhuckaz
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    One Spliff wrote: »
    i be havin urges to play AC1, but im ? with bioshock rite now..

i got a feelin im gon love AC tho.

bioshock 2 gon have multiplayer 2...dey be takin dis multiplayer ? too far.....metal gear, uncharted etc....stick to what ur good at mtuhuckaz

Every game nowadays feels that it need to have multiplayer and/or coop to be relevant nowadays - I blame FPS
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    How could they pull this off? I haven't played one of the AC's and I wanna get AC2 but waiting for a price drop. Right now "Infamous" and "Prototype" are on my radar, with GoW3 of course.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    How could they pull this off? I haven't played one of the AC's and I wanna get AC2 but waiting for a price drop. Right now "Infamous" and "Prototype" are on my radar, with GoW3 of course.

Prototype was very disappointing.

You need to play AC1 before AC2. I'll tell you right now AC1 is very very repetitive and ends dumb (actually it doesn't now seeing that it was a set up for the sequel). But you need to know the story before jumping into AC2.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    Prototype was very disappointing.

You need to play AC1 before AC2. I'll tell you right now AC1 is very very repetitive and ends dumb (actually it doesn't now seeing that it was a set up for the sequel). But you need to know the story before jumping into AC2.

Actually, I got down on some Proto a few days ago on a 360 and it was actually pretty dope. I enjoyed it. It's not too much different from Infamous, atleast not to me. Beside the storyline and characters abilities, the things they do are almost identical. Climbing walls, destroying cars etc...
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    Actually, I got down on some Proto a few days ago on a 360 and it was actually pretty dope. I enjoyed it. It's not too much different from Infamous, atleast not to me. Beside the storyline and characters abilities, the things they do are almost identical. Climbing walls, destroying cars etc...

I guess it was the hype that killed it for me. Its a good game, but the way it was hyped you expected GOTY material. Still, I need to go back and finish it.
  • Lege|\|dary
    Lege|\|dary Members Posts: 474 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Prototype is tight as hell at first, but then it just gets so repetitive

It had some really good concepts, but after a while the bad parts dull out the good parts