With Divorces/ Broken Engagements, Should Men Be Entitled To Get The Ring Back?

Options
TX_Made713
TX_Made713 Members Posts: 3,954 ✭✭
edited September 2011 in For The Grown & Sexy
The feeling's still strong, but the engagement ring's gone.

A prominent Houston surgeon has filed a lawsuit against his former fiancé for the return of a $73,000 engagement ring he gave her before she broke off the engagement, court records show.

Dr. Craig Fischer, chief of digestive surgical oncology and associate professor of surgery at Methodist Hospital, says he bought the whopping 4.06-carat ring from Zadok's Jewelers in Houston Aug. 8.

Fischer also wants his former fiancé, Nichole L. Johnson, to pay back $75,000 from a shared bank account and apartment lease, according to the suit filed this week in Harris County.[/B

]Johnson never intended to marry Fischer and used the relationship as a means to get to the plaintiff's money, the suit says.

Despite all the accusations, Fischer said he still cares for his former fiancé who he met this spring through mutual friends.

"I've been in love with her for a long time," said Fischer, 45, who is president of the Houston Surgical Society. "I still am, and I'm deeply hurt. This is tough because I really do love her."

Fischer believes his former fiancé is "not a con artist."

"She is gainfully employed," he said. "She's got a great job and makes a lot of money. It should not appear that I'm her 'sugar daddy.' She's my equal in every way."

"Our relationship has been one of joy and happiness amongst our mutual families and friends," who hosted an engagement party for the couple Sept. 10, Fischer said. Johnson broke off the engagement two days after the party, he said.

Johnson, an account executive for a financial services company in Houston, declined to comment about the lawsuit.

Fischer is seeking the return of $50,000 for a lease he signed for an apartment the two were to share. He wants his ex to pay back $25,000 that he placed into a joint checking account they shared.

The funds were provided as a gift "in contemplation of the parties' marriage," the lawsuit states.

Johnson cheated on Fischer and withdrew most of the funds in their bank account and has absconded with the ring and the wedding funds, according to the suit.

Further, the lawsuit seeks to prohibit Johnson from making false and defamatory statements against Fischer on social media.

Johnson has falsely accused Fischer of stalking her and has used social media, including Facebook, to engage in a smear campaign against him, the lawsuit states.

"(Johnson) has publicized false statements to thousands of Facebook 'friends' in order to defame (Fischer) in front of his colleagues in the medical profession and to destroy his stellar reputation in the medical community," the lawsuit states.

The relationship may not be the happy ending that he wanted, but Fischer believes the lawsuit will end on a positive note.

"I'm sure that there will be an amicable resolution to this soon," he said.

This dude is like ? i want my money now! and they aint even make it to the wedding stage..LOL @ dude thinking this is going to end well

Comments