NBA Lockout.

Options
Chef_Taylor
Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
Does anybody give damn if there is a season or not.From the gyms to the bars, i havent been hearing anyone mention anything about the possibility of it not being a season.

Comments

• bigev240
    bigev240 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 10,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    For the most part people care about football right now. Once the season is over or when the the basketball season actually is cancel then people will care.
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    doubletee wrote: »
    Does anybody give damn if there is a season or not.From the gyms to the bars, i havent been hearing anyone mention anything about the possibility of it not being a season.

I got NFL Football NCAA Football and English Futbul to hold me down till mid May. But yeah, I do care tho...
  • Chef_Taylor
    edited September 2011
    Options
    bigev240 wrote: »
    For the most part people care about football right now. Once the season is over or when the the basketball season actually is cancel then people will care.

I remember when the nba season was winding down and there where hints that the nfl might lock the players out people were still talking about football...hell i remember some people wondering if there will be a season right after the superbowl.I just think football is americas favorite game right now.
  • bigev240
    bigev240 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 10,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    People won't miss the NBA as much as they would have miss the NFL. But it would still hurt some people.
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    It will only affect people that haven't learned to appreciate or refuse to learn to appreciate Ice Hockey.
  • Chef_Taylor
    edited September 2011
    Options
    reaperbong wrote: »
    It will only affect people that haven't learned to appreciate or refuse to learn to appreciate Ice Hockey.

Never could watch that.....just couldnt.
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Never could watch that.....just couldnt.

that's why i said it takes a learning effort.. you need a trained eye to watch such lightning quick action
  • Chef_Taylor
    edited September 2011
    Options
    reaperbong wrote: »
    that's why i said it takes a learning effort.. you need a trained eye to watch such lightning quick action

I'll pass on hockey...they just threw a banana at a ? ...im good.
  • Niggersauce
    Niggersauce Members Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Nah real talk nobody gives a ? about basketball.....
  • Datdude87
    Datdude87 Members Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    its my favorite sport but i got NCAA bball and football to hold me over...but if theres no games at all...which would mean no playoffs in end of april, may and beginning of june...then it'll hurt.
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I hope the season does get cancelled...i hate the way the NBA is run..with bad contacts, and ? poor teams....if shutting ish down for a whole season gets ish in order. I'm all for it.

and we will still get to see some of these katz overseas play....
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Nope...NFL and College Football>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> NBA
  • GettinLo
    GettinLo Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I'll pass on hockey...they just threw a banana at a ? ...im good.

Word... plus hockey isn;t a sport that translates well to TV... It's great if you go to a game but on TV it's ehhhh

BTW who's the chick in your avi... she's nerdy sexy
  • GrizTitan
    GrizTitan Members Posts: 2,075 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    ghost! wrote: »
    I hope the season does get cancelled...i hate the way the NBA is run..with bad contacts, and ? poor teams....if shutting ish down for a whole season gets ish in order. I'm all for it.

I am not. Just when my Grizzlies are starting to do something. Fuuuuck!!
  • The 3mcee
    The 3mcee Members Posts: 588
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I remember when the nba season was winding down and there where hints that the nfl might lock the players out people were still talking about football...hell i remember some people wondering if there will be a season right after the superbowl.I just think football is americas favorite game right now.

It is america's favorite game and 2nd highest rated sport behind Nascar. I will be ? if the NBA is locked out because i love basketball more than any other sport. NCAA B-Ball isn't good enough until the conference and final four tournaments.
  • GettinLo
    edited September 2011
    Options

You just mad because the Celtics are old and decrepit... just like those ? ass Red Sox
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Football is only on the weekend and Monday, i need the NBA for the rest of the week
  • The 3mcee
    edited September 2011
    Options

LOL. I still never understand a person who is supposed to be a fan of a sport saying something like what you just posted. The only thing I hate about the way the league is run is who they allow to own teams. To many stupid front offices and owners who looked at there teams as play toys until the economy ? the bed. Now they crying for the league to protect them from themselves.
  • The 3mcee
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Football is only on the weekend and Monday, i need the NBA for the rest of the week

Exactly. If the NBA locks out I really believe a lot of the white fan base is gonna leave. I really believe that to be so true. I mean the NBA is a predominately Black sport and just a few years ago David Stern put in a whole bunch of changes to make the buying demographic feel more at ease about the league. Like the dress code and less confrontations with the refs. LOL. The league even admitted they made these changes because the fans complained about these things. SMH
  • ghost!
    edited September 2011
    Options
    aone415 wrote: »
    You just mad because the Celtics are old and decrepit... just like those ? ass Red Sox

ok i'm starting to think you're a stalker now....

look i already got chickens on my D8ck...i dont need you on there (no broke back) hope off stan...keep it moving...dont need no sons..i aint paying child support payments cuz of you...
  • ghost!
    edited September 2011
    Options
    The 3mcee wrote: »
    LOL. I still never understand a person who is supposed to be a fan of a sport saying something like what you just posted. The only thing I hate about the way the league is run is who they allow to own teams. To many stupid front offices and owners who looked at there teams as play toys until the economy ? the bed. Now they crying for the league to protect them from themselves.

easy...do you like the state of the nba ? there's a reason why their whole season is about to get cancelled? Do u really like seeing sorry ass teams on your tube seasons in and seasons out?? Players who aint worthy sh*t getting big contacts, only to not play, or even be in the arena.

if you're a fan..u want the association to do well...not tank.
  • The 3mcee
    edited September 2011
    Options
    easy...do you like the state of the nba ? there's a reason why their whole season is about to get cancelled? Do u really like seeing sorry ass teams on your tube seasons in and seasons out?? Players who aint worthy sh*t getting big contacts, only to not play, or even be in the arena.

if you're a fan..u want the association to do well...not tank.

Yeah I love the state of the league, It is hella competitive right now. The season is about to get cancelled because of the owners not the players. The owners didn't want to resign the CBA, not the players.

I'm a fan of the Spurs and the West is always competitive. I got league pass last year for the first time ever and watched more basketball games than I ever had in one season. The league was also the most popular it's been since Jordan and the Bulls were winning championships, so the league was far from tanking. If they lockout fans are gonna stop showing up and it could affect the leagues TV deals and everything. Kind of like what happened to the NHL and MLB after they locked out.
  • GettinLo
    edited September 2011
    Options
    ok i'm starting to think you're a stalker now....

look i already got chickens on my D8ck...i dont need you on there (no broke back) hope off stan...keep it moving...dont need no sons..i aint paying child support payments cuz of you...

Lots of faggotry in this post... It's been proven that you don't know ? about sports ? so just shut up
  • ghost!
    edited September 2011
    Options
    The 3mcee wrote: »
    Yeah I love the state of the league, It is hella competitive right now. The season is about to get cancelled because of the owners not the players. The owners didn't want to resign the CBA, not the players.

I'm a fan of the Spurs and the West is always competitive. I got league pass last year for the first time ever and watched more basketball games than I ever had in one season. The league was also the most popular it's been since Jordan and the Bulls were winning championships, so the league was far from tanking. If they lockout fans are gonna stop showing up and it could affect the leagues TV deals and everything. Kind of like what happened to the NHL and MLB after they locked out.

The league was not doing great...they lost money last year, and d.stern almost had to take over the hornets because there was nobody to buy them...

because the owners are not getting a good return on their money..e.curry, g.arenas...a host of other players with big ass contacts..and nobody knows why...handcapping franchises from making moves to improve their teams...
  • Heartless_Mentality1
    Heartless_Mentality1 Members Posts: 147
    edited September 2011
    Options
    id give away every sport including NCAA sports to have an NBA season. I dont give a ? about football. Only reason i watch is for gambling purposes.