For Those Who Dislike Single Mothers

Options
s_a_m_r_i_o
s_a_m_r_i_o Members Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2012 in For The Grown & Sexy
If a female had no kids but was the guardian of her younger cousin, niece or nephew which ranged from 1 to 8 years old, would you be with her or would it b the same as if she had her own child?

It could be the same results. You will also take part of raising the young child, you can't go out as much, etc? Females, would you help raise your man's young family member?

Comments

•   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    single moms know what they doing in life and in bed
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    shortest post I ever seen from you.
  • LOLCL
    LOLCL Members Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    ice_cold wrote: »
    single moms know what they doing in life and in bed

Some of them

We all know single moms who hang outside of the welfare office all day
  • s_a_m_r_i_o
    edited September 2011
    Options
    sboogie wrote: »
    thats different than a ? who made a mistake with her ? ...
    So would you talk to let or be with her?
  • -Vincenzo-
    -Vincenzo- Members Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    sboogie wrote: »
    I would give it more consideration...

same here...

in this case it says she prolly is a good person which isn't necessarily the case for single moms imo
  • Louis Cipher
    Louis Cipher Members Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    what i find hilarious about cats thats dislike single moms...is that most of these dudes, if the stats are to be believed, were raised by single moms

just thought i would throw that out there
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    what i find hilarious about cats thats dislike single moms...is that most of these dudes, if the stats are to be believed, were raised by single moms

just thought i would throw that out there

Yeah I was kind of raised in a single parent home but my father was in my life as well. Speaking for myself it's not that I dislike or even hate single mothers but, from a preference standpoint if I was out dating or were seriously thinking about being involved with a woman I just would not prefer to be with one that has a kid(s).

Am I wrong for that? Is that suppose to be some other crime b/c I may not have the patience or want to deal with the possible issues and responsibilities that might come along with it? Not every man/woman wants to be 2nd to a woman and a kid (which should always be the case) especially they are trying to go places in life.
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    That ? can get left by the wayside along with the single mothers.

And I never got that, "These ? were raised by single mothers." ? .

If I got raised by morbidly obese ? , that doesn't mean I have to seek out morbidly obese ? .

This ain't Oedipus yo.
  • Pusskaveli
    Pusskaveli Members Posts: 1,562
    edited September 2011
    Options
    -Vincenzo- wrote: »
    same here...

in this case it says she prolly is a good person which isn't necessarily the case for single moms imo
    fiat_money wrote: »

If I got raised by morbidly obese ? , that doesn't mean I have to seek out morbidly obese ? .

This ain't Oedipus yo.

Knowledge...
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    ? are ? dude. Ain't no way around it.
  • MAKAVELI25
    MAKAVELI25 Members Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I don't like kids....AT ALL. Whether or not the kids are hers doesn't matter, I can't be in a relationship that requires me to fake some sort of kinship with children
  • Jesus Jackson
    Jesus Jackson Members Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options

This ain't Oedipus yo.
    ^^^^^Flawed logic. Nobody's saying you hafta "seek out" single mothers (WTF????). The point is, why diss ALL single mothers if you, yourself were raised by a single mother.... If single mothers are all ? and losers, then that would also apply to YOUR mother if she was single... THAT'S the point.
    Maybe if you were raised by a single mother and she was a complete ? who abused you or whatever and you hated her for it, then OK, you can clown single moms if you choose to... No prob. I can dig that.

And NO, I was NOT raised by a single mother and NO, I am not putting on a cape for single mothers so you can miss me with that nonsense.
  • Mindstarter
    Mindstarter Members Posts: 492
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Another thread where ? can vent on their mommy issues.
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    ^^^^^Flawed logic...
    The logic is: "Because someone was raised by a person who qualify as X, they must treat/view others who also qualify as X a certain way."

And yes, whether "X" is replaced with "single mothers" or "morbidly obese ? ", that is flawed logic.

The specific informal logical fallacy here would be that it is a fallacy of relevance due to its arguing against the person. As though the person's views on/arguments against dating single mothers are somehow invalidated by them being raised single mother.

So yeh, flawed logic indeed.
  • Jesus Jackson
    Jesus Jackson Members Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    The logic is: "Because someone was raised by a person who qualify as X, they must treat/view others who also qualify as X a certain way."

And yes, whether "X" is replaced with "single mothers" or "morbidly obese ? ", that is flawed logic.

The specific informal logical fallacy here would be that it is a fallacy of relevance due to its arguing against the person. As though the person's views on/arguments against dating single mothers are somehow invalidated by them being raised single mother.

So yeh, flawed logic indeed.

Well, I'm glad you see the light. You can thank me later.
  • fullfledged
    fullfledged Members Posts: 238
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Its the same way even with that scenario. The kids come first no matter what unless shes a deadbeat. Personally I can't mess with a single mother any more, too much ? .
  • Aztec_Kang
    Aztec_Kang Members Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    i was lightweight persuing a chick i know from back in the day until she became gaurdian of her nephew. i don't got no kids. i don't need a chick that's busy raising a kid period.
  • bbwthick23
    bbwthick23 Members Posts: 954 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
  • s_a_m_r_i_o
    edited October 2011
    Options
    To answer my own question, nope because you'll also have to be responsible for her family member so, you gotta ? while they're sleep, she can't go out anywhere, etc. Still single mother issues.
  • -Vincenzo-
    -Vincenzo- Members Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I would have made an exception for this. its different and says a lot about her character and the way she views family that she would do something like this.
    i second that notion
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I would have made an exception for this. its different and says a lot about her character and the way she views family that she would do something like this.
    and adopting multiple kids that are not ur own show alot of character...unlike pregnancy

word...if anything she'd get 2 thumbs up from me

def a keeper
  • Mvpbrodie93
    Mvpbrodie93 Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    when a woman wants a certain type of man its a preference
    when a man wants a certain type of woman its b/c he has mommy issues

and adopting multiple kids that are not ur own show alot of character...unlike pregnancy

Co ? sign....