From WoW addict to wifing a chick? Men get to do that?

Options
Young_Chitlin
Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2011 in For The Grown & Sexy
First some background:

Was in class just now, a Gender Communication class (girl to guy ratio is 4:1) where we had a discussion about men and their faults. Teacher brought up a question she wanted the few men in the class to answer: Would you rather go on a date with a new girl or play a video game? She clearly wanted us to say new girl. Course I said girl, but the other guys were on the fence. It was over for us today when teacher was all like to the girls, "please don't be judgmental." *facepalm*

Anyways, this girl whom the teacher always asks for updates on her pending engagement. She reveals that her fiance used to be a WoW addict, that they've known each other for 3 years. Oh boy, this is where I found it funny that no one in my class seemed to mind/pick up on: She said that her fiance is shy and everything, but that she "trained" him to not be so shy, that he only is comfortable around her. I know it's none of my business what these people do with their lives, but:

1) Only 3 years of knowing each other before marriage?
2) You "trained" your guy to be with you... He's that much on a leash already?

I feel bad for dude, what do you think?

Comments

• Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Dude got married in.3 years nothing wrong with that.
    But as far as trained. That ? is outta hand.

I heard of both changing to become one in a relationship, but trained hell naw.
  • Young_Chitlin
    edited September 2011
    Options

My exactly, dude getting animal treatment smh
  • Westie
    Westie Members Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    OK the "trained" part is disturbing, but 3 years is not a short time before getting married. lol
  • phantom0900
    phantom0900 Members Posts: 1,313 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    he probably won. if he is a shy trained video game addict, he probably had slim chances of picking a decent mate. Does she look good? is she nice to talk to besides being controlling? what are his positive attributes?

being whipped is a good alternative to not having any ? for 10 years due to you lack of confidence and social skills. even if she breaks his pockets for the duration of the relationship, if he rebounds with knowledge and skills to talk to women, he wins in the long run IMO. that is if he really is nothin but a video game addict.
  • twinzmom
    twinzmom Members Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options

What he said^^^^^^

I'm not training anyone to do anything, but a compromise, yeah.
  • Young_Chitlin
    edited September 2011
    Options
    he probably won. if he is a shy trained video game addict, he probably had slim chances of picking a decent mate. Does she look good? is she nice to talk to besides being controlling? what are his positive attributes?

being whipped is a good alternative to not having any ? for 10 years due to you lack of confidence and social skills . even if she breaks his pockets for the duration of the relationship, if he rebounds with knowledge and skills to talk to women, he wins in the long run IMO. that is if he really is nothin but a video game addict.

She's a babe, but not nice to talk to. One of the guys that said he would rather play video games, she called him out on that in class, talking about how "he should get a girlfriend."

Sure having decade-long ? from a girl is great, but what I have to disagree with is your next sentence. Even if that does happen persay and he can talk to girls with little problem, his bank account is hardened from all the dust collected.
  • L.I.P.
    L.I.P. Members Posts: 366 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Of course she "trained" him he's a soft ? ass (ex) game addict, that won't work on no grown ass man
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Sounds like he won to me.

Guys an antisocial video game addict and found someone (apparently attractive) willing to work with him through it. Thats a huge win. Most people want the finished product and aren't willing to help someone realize their potential/see past the warts.
  • thecomebacklegend
    thecomebacklegend Members Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    ? don't give a ? ?
  • Young_Chitlin
    edited September 2011
    Options
    L.I.P. wrote: »
    Of course she "trained" him he's a soft ? ass (ex) game addict, that won't work on no grown ass man

• NYCeeCee
    NYCeeCee Members Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    His ? were removed 3 years ago when they met and his life is doomed if he marries this chick. I will never understand how a woman can be attracted to a "yes man". That will get old as soon as she wants him to make a decision and he's unable to & it will only get worse when/if they have children and she feels like she's not only raising kids, but a grown ass man as well. I'm not in the business of "training" anyone but my dog.

btw, how old are they? 3 years is not a short amount of time to learn someone and decide whether you want to marry them.
  • Young_Chitlin
    edited September 2011
    Options

Guys an antisocial video game addict and found someone (apparently attractive) willing to work with him through it. Thats a huge win. Most people want the finished product and aren't willing to help someone realize their potential/see past the warts.

Real ? @ the bolded, thanks fer your input
  • Young_Chitlin
    edited September 2011
    Options
    ? don't give a ? ?

Jose Reyes, is that you?
  • HustleTree
    HustleTree Members Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options

This here .....
  • Young_Chitlin
    edited September 2011
    Options
    NYCeeCee wrote: »
    His ? were removed 3 years ago when they met and his life is doomed if he marries this chick. I will never understand how a woman can be attracted to a "yes man". That will get old as soon as she wants him to make a decision and he's unable to & it will only get worse when/if they have children and she feels like she's not only raising kids, but a grown ass man as well. I'm not in the business of "training" anyone but my dog.

btw, how old are they? 3 years is not a short amount of time to learn someone and decide whether you want to marry them.

Guessing around 22-25 years old
  • NYCeeCee
    NYCeeCee Members Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    @ knives amilli, I only see it as a win IF HE saw his "addiction" as a problem. Forcing someone to do something rarely works... even if it's for their own good. The person will eventually resent the control freak and go back to his comfort zone. IMO
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options

He won she lost imo
  • Lambent
    Lambent Members Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    3 years seem like enough time to be together before marriage to me.

As far as the "training" thing, or at least that's what she thinks.

A lot of females say or think that. I've heard plenty of females say they like shy guys because they can "train" them to be how they want them to be.
  • Go figure...
    Go figure... Members Posts: 1,471 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options

• MorganFreemanKing
    MorganFreemanKing Members Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    First some background:

Was in class just now, a Gender Communication class (girl to guy ratio is 4:1) where we had a discussion about men and their faults. Teacher brought up a question she wanted the few men in the class to answer: Would you rather go on a date with a new girl or play a video game? She clearly wanted us to say new girl. Course I said girl, but the other guys were on the fence. It was over for us today when teacher was all like to the girls, "please don't be judgmental." *facepalm*

Anyways, this girl whom the teacher always asks for updates on her pending engagement. She reveals that her fiance used to be a WoW addict, that they've known each other for 3 years. Oh boy, this is where I found it funny that no one in my class seemed to mind/pick up on: She said that her fiance is shy and everything, but that she "trained" him to not be so shy, that he only is comfortable around her. I know it's none of my business what these people do with their lives, but:

1) Only 3 years of knowing each other before marriage?
    2) You "trained" your guy to be with you... He's that much on a leash already?

I feel bad for dude, what do you think?

Three years is a good amount of time. I don't really think that is your problem with it. The problem is if this guy is as "antisocial" as he's described then he probably hasn't experienced ? . All he knows is her.
    He should experience more but hey, an actual female (gasp) wants to be with him so why mess that up. But that's why three years seems so short.
  • frostyicy
    frostyicy Members Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    If she thinks he's so shy I wonder how he managed to pull her????

This may be a case where she is giving herself more credit than she actually deserves.

I bet the real story is he played video games almost all day and night before he got with her and when they finally got together he probably just cooled out but still plays his games everyday. Or he may have been a homebody who just chilled all day not that he was shy, and once he got with her it happened naturally. Cuz you're gonna do stuff with your significant other regardless.
  • mindright
    mindright Members Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    trained....

wtf my dudes... we got to do better than this...
  • salamerican1
    salamerican1 Members Posts: 714 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    sex is a weapon
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I wish a female would use the term "train" in that same context about me...she'd get her feelings hurt real quick
  • longmeat
    longmeat Members Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    mindright wrote: »
    trained....

wtf my dudes... we got to do better than this...

Ain't no we breh. My pops would put 2 in my head if he heard some broad was doing me like that smh.