Is anyone checkin for the new Walter Payton biography?

Options
Darius
Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2011 in From the Cheap Seats
it apparently uncovers a side of his life that nobody knew about and that i doubt the NFL will ever accept or acknowledge. He was unfaithful in marriage, he was addicted to morphine and vicoden, he thought about killing himself and killing other people and saw nothing wrong with it. and even bringing tanks of laughing gas onto his RV and driving it to training camp to take hits off it during breaks. and when at home, he would always have a balloon full of nitrous ready to hit whenever he pleased.

Just these small portions about his life really take away from the legitimacy of the the Walter Payton Award, given to a player who in part honors the way a player conducts himself off the field. Sure his cause raised awareness for ? donation since his liver was eaten alive by years of medication abuse during and after his career.

so i guess the questions are

1. should his name be removed from the man of the year award

and

2. how will it effect his legacy. people will say that they only care about what he does on the field, but in the main, thats ? . people do care, they just ignore it when it comes to their favorite players.

and

3. when the book is released, will a single ? be given that day

Comments

• KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    wouldnt doubt if a lot of athletes who are very popular past or present have those type of issues...

and no this wont effect his legacy

do you happen to know the release date because i'll probably read it
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Im not surprised about the pain pills and extra marital affairs cause most athletes do those. The fact he wanted to ? himself is shocking.

I dont think his legacy on the field will be affected
  • Poster#19
    Poster#19 Members Posts: 280
    edited September 2011
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    it apparently uncovers a side of his life that nobody knew about and that i doubt the NFL will ever accept or acknowledge. He was unfaithful in marriage, he was addicted to morphine and vicoden, he thought about killing himself and killing other people and saw nothing wrong with it. and even bringing tanks of laughing gas onto his RV and driving it to training camp to take hits off it during breaks. and when at home, he would always have a balloon full of nitrous ready to hit whenever he pleased.

Just these small portions about his life really take away from the legitimacy of the the Walter Payton Award, given to a player who in part honors the way a player conducts himself off the field. Sure his cause raised awareness for ? donation since his liver was eaten alive by years of medication abuse during and after his career.

so i guess the questions are

1. should his name be removed from the man of the year award

and

2. how will it effect his legacy. people will say that they only care about what he does on the field, but in the main, thats ? . people do care, they just ignore it when it comes to their favorite players.

and

3. when the book is released, will a single ? be given that day

You really want to make a thread about this huh?
  • radaman
    radaman Members Posts: 11,912 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    lmao this ? got the double padlock...........
This discussion has been closed.