Interning in Dallas, Texas this summer- School Me

Options
spit_fiya
spit_fiya Members Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2010 in For The Grown & Sexy
Where are some good places to go in Dallas and what places should I avoid?..

Comments

• MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Six Flags !!!!

There's also some nice places in Addison ... which is outside of Dallas
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    edited May 2010
    Options
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    It depends all on what u like.. Just stay outta south dallas.. I just move from D Town a couple months ago
  • spit_fiya
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Is the Veteran Affairs Department in cool spot?
  • Cleveland7venty6
    Cleveland7venty6 Members Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    OakCliff ? are the craziest!!!
  • spit_fiya
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Uppin...just saw Dallas listed in the Thread "Top 10 places to live"...need some help ppl...school me...I'll be leavin it 3 weeks.
  • HipHopSouth
    HipHopSouth Members Posts: 76
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Man...if you looking for some bars and clubs go straight to Deep Ellum, Greenville or Addison. I recommend Purgatory(if it's still open.) One of the best clubs in Dallas with some of the baddest females.

If you got a family check out the Dallas Aquarium..I took my lil Dude last year when he visited my side of the family and he had a great time. Six Flags in Arlington is nice..so is Hurricane Harbor and that's just across the highway. ? , you can even go out to Fort Worth and check out the Northside of town and hit up the bars and clubs out there too. The DFW is dope if you know where to be at

and yeah, stay away from Stop 6 in Ft Worth, most of South Dallas(South Oak Cliff, Pleasant Grove,) Dalworth and Berry St in the Funk..Other then that you'll be straight
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    spit_fiya wrote: »
    Uppin...just saw Dallas listed in the Thread "Top 10 places to live"...need some help ppl...school me...I'll be leavin it 3 weeks.

what ever you like to do my city has it to offer its pretty much up to you what you want to do when you're here.
  • Elle_Music
    Elle_Music Members Posts: 926
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Man...if you looking for some bars and clubs go straight to Deep Ellum, Greenville or Addison. I recommend Purgatory(if it's still open.) One of the best clubs in Dallas with some of the baddest females.

If you got a family check out the Dallas Aquarium..I took my lil Dude last year when he visited my side of the family and he had a great time. Six Flags in Arlington is nice..so is Hurricane Harbor and that's just across the highway. ? , you can even go out to Fort Worth and check out the Northside of town and hit up the bars and clubs out there too. The DFW is dope if you know where to be at

and yeah, stay away from Stop 6 in Ft Worth, most of South Dallas(South Oak Cliff, Pleasant Grove,) Dalworth and Berry St in the Funk..Other then that you'll be straight

of all places u recommend purgatory? How old are you? isn't that a 18 and up spot?
  • spit_fiya
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I appreciate it ppl......My goals are:

1. To meet beautiful women
    2. Find nice lounging/night spots
    3. A good Church to attend on Sundays
    4. Make everyday a new adventure

I'll be there for 2 months. I should not have one boring day while i'm in Dallas...Also, how is the public transportation?...My internship said they're providing transportation but I doubt they mean a car....probably straight bus passes.
  • HipHopSouth
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Elle_Music wrote: »
    of all places u recommend purgatory? How old are you? isn't that a 18 and up spot?

I don't pay attention to that many people out there but I was going to Purgatory when it first opened a long time ago. I always had a good time there..but smh & lol @ you only pointing that out...and I was trying to remember this dope spot in Addison but can't figure out wtf the name to it is at the moment lol.

But I'm more of a lower greenville type person instead of a club head so ehh..
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Actually you can do all those things if your # 3 works out. lol
  • spit_fiya
    edited May 2010
    Options
    How is Plush? I saw a Youtube vid on that spot..
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    spit_fiya wrote: »
    I appreciate it ppl......My goals are:

1. To meet beautiful women
    2. Find nice lounging/night spots
    3. A good Church to attend on Sundays
    4. Make everyday a new adventure

I'll be there for 2 months. I should not have one boring day while i'm in Dallas...Also, how is the public transportation?...My internship said they're providing transportation but I doubt they mean a car....probably straight bus passes.

i work for dart...you can either take the bus or train but i prefer you to take the train.
  • Elle_Music
    edited May 2010
    Options
    I don't pay attention to that many people out there but I was going to Purgatory when it first opened a long time ago. I always had a good time there..but smh & lol @ you only pointing that out...and I was trying to remember this dope spot in Addison but can't figure out wtf the name to it is at the moment lol.

But I'm more of a lower greenville type person instead of a club head so ehh..

lol it just shocked me seeing purgatory... I myself have never been there because it seems to be a place for the younger folks, and once i hit 21 wasn't any point in going...
    To be honest I wouldnt know where to send him either, I don't really do clubs do I dont know what's Hot...
    I think i might know what place ur talking about in Addison, but i can't think of the name of it right now either...

Places I hear about all the time now is Beamers and Sky Bar... Never been to either one...
    I've been to Ghostbar and it was a cool spot
  • (UNKNOWN)
    (UNKNOWN) Members Posts: 787
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Six Flags !!!!

There's also some nice places in Addison ... which is outside of Dallas

How boring your city got to be to say 6 flags, them ? everywhere
  • HipHopSouth
    edited May 2010
    Options
    lol it just shocked me seeing purgatory... I myself have never been there because it seems to be a place for the younger folks, and once i hit 21 wasn't any point in going...
    To be honest I wouldnt know where to send him either, I don't really do clubs do I dont know what's Hot...
    I think i might know what place ur talking about in Addison, but i can't think of the name of it right now either...

Places I hear about all the time now is Beamers and Sky Bar... Never been to either one...
    I've been to Ghostbar and it was a cool spot

Yeah the Sky Bar is nice..but that place in Addison had some outside water fountains in the back...I believe 2 or 3 dance floors..a nice bar and it was just set up nice as hell...

but it's better I said Purgatory instead of Cirque or DMX, right?? lol We wouldn't want him to be apart of any shootouts while he's interning....and damn, I still can't remember the name..let me start googling this ? up
  • Elle_Music
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Yeah the Sky Bar is nice..but that place in Addison had some outside water fountains in the back...I believe 2 or 3 dance floors..a nice bar and it was just set up nice as hell...

but it's better I said Purgatory instead of Cirque or DMX, right?? lol We wouldn't want him to be apart of any shootouts while he's interning....and damn, I still can't remember the name..let me start googling this ? up

lol yea u right...
    Places in Addison that I can think of are Maxwells, and Karma...is it either one of those or nah?
  • harry knucklez
    harry knucklez Members Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options

Elle, I sure hope I meet you in person one day since we both live in Dallas.
  • Elle_Music
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Elle, I sure hope I meet you in person one day since we both live in Dallas.

lol what part of dallas you stay in?
  • harry knucklez
    harry knucklez Members Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    lol what part of dallas you stay in?

I live in Duncanville, but I hang out here and there.
  • DEE-LICIOUS
    DEE-LICIOUS Members Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    They don't eat veggies out there. Bring laxatives.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options

? DMX or level 5 or whatever they calling it now, some damn Mexicans tried to jump me up there
  • HipHopSouth
    edited May 2010
    Options
    ? DMX or level 5 or whatever they calling it now, some damn Mexicans tried to jump me up there

Man homie, I'm Honduran and them ? tried to get on me because of that. I was like WTF!! ? it though. I could give a ? what they call it. DMX is full of some ? made ? that roll 10 deep with they homies and waste their time not pulling females. And SMH @ any club that doesn't have any type of dress code

smh @ people wearing a Steve Nash Jersey to the joint..don't they know that Nash left the Mavs A LONG TIME AGO??

and Grand Prairie, TX representing right here...much love to D'Ville, Ledbetter, O.C, The Funk, Agg-town and all my people from the DFDub
  • spit_fiya
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Ok,...so I know not to go to DMX or Level 5...check aaaaand....check