Waiting on the Lord!

Options
DoUwant2go2Heaven
DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
"13I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. 14Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD." Psalm 27:13-14

Blessings to you brothers and sisters in Jesus Christ. I just wanted to give some words of encouragement in order to edify the body of Christ. Waiting on the Lord is a challenging thing for all of us to do! Our fleshy bodies desire instant gratification and satisfaction. We all desire to have things done now and done in the way we want it/envisioned it. But ? always has other ideas, plans, and thoughts that far exceed our fleshly limitations and inclinations.

King David is a prime example of a man who waited patiently upon the Lord. We see in the story of the anointing of David as the King of Israel that he had to wait for an extended period of time just to receive the blessing and calling ? had for him. It started when the prophet Samuel went to Jesse's house in order to anoint the new King of Israel. After 7 of Jesse's son came before Samuel to be anointed, in which none of the oil poured out, David was finally brought forth from the sheep fold and the oil overflowed upon him. David was an afterthought in the mind of his own fleshy father, but the Lord ? of Heaven and Earth had other ideas. David was a shepherd boy who was the least likely of all of the sons of Jesse to be the next king of Israel. ? had indeed taken the weak things of the world, in order to confound the mighty! But even after David was anointed King, he went back to herding sheep! He still had to WAIT!

When we wait upon ? , He produces spiritual fruit in our lives in order to mold us and shape us into the likeness of His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ. Thus, when a child of ? waits on the Lord it is a sign of spiritual maturity. When we recognize the fact that ? is doing something in our lives that human understanding can't comprehend, we gain a greater and deeper appreciation for the Lord our ? .

Many issues come into our lives, that force us to wait on the Lord. When there is no other recourse, option, or alternative we are forced to wait on our heavenly Father for deliverance. Psalm 27:14 tells us that when we wait on the Lord and when we are of good courage, ? SHALL strengthen our heart! "? shall" is what makes all the difference. It's not a maybe, probably, most likely statement made by the King of Kings. ? SHALL! Exclamation mark! It is ? who fights our battles, it is ? who goes before us, it is ? who acts as a pillar of cloud by day, and a pillar of fire by night! He is the one who clears the path. He is the one who gives us the might! He is the one who gives us the strength to endure! But it is all predicated on us "WAITING ON THE LORD". And after we have waited on the Lord we can declare with the Psalmist in Psalm 40:1-2,

"I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.
2He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."

AMEN!

Comments

• MarcAntoine
    MarcAntoine Members Posts: 151
    edited November 2011
    Options
    that wuz wonderful bro. ? said How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things! and you are doing a wonderful job of doing that bro. Keep it up.