Sounding of the Thruah (Trumpet): Yom Kippur Approaches

Options
judahxulu
judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
To all my Hebrew brethren. As prescribed by toraht YHWH ( the instructions of YHWH) Yom Kippur, the Day of Atonement, commences sundown October 7th and concludes sundown October 8th. It is the highest of all Khageem (Holy Days), dubbed the "Queen of Sabbaths". Work is prohibited in any wise and a dry fast for all healthy, non-expectant adults is required. To repent, in the Hebrew thought is "tishuvah"- which means to "turn around" literally. This is against what most uf us who were caught in various degrees of religious thought have been taught concerning repentance. The word usually conjures up a concept of guilt, which is not righteous or conducive to change in the absolute sense. Rather, the need for repentance implies we have turned our posteriors to the Creator in the ultimate form of contempt and disrespect. We must turn to face our source. Only then can we start the motion of atonement. The Hebrew word for atonement is "kahfar" which means "to cover, make a covering or make reconciliation". This concept is not like "kasah", however, which means to conceal. To turn around (repent/tishuvah) towards YHWH means we are facing the light of Truth. Practical application of this involves finding a confidant or trusted guide to confess the nature of your transgression and secret faults to. We must be able to hear feedback to this in humility ofr only the fool hates correction. Then we may atone, or cover ourselves with the new man, make reconciliation. But how can we reconcile with YHWH if we cannot reconcile with those made in the image thereof, right here in this plane of existence? We cannot. Find those you have wronged this years and ask their forgiveness. there is no magical formula to forgiveness. The sinner is the only one who will die for his sins so we must combat the process of death with life.

I have more to impart, but I want room for us to discuss this with respect to what I wrote above and the following scriptural references.

ISAIAH 58

Cry aloud, spare not, lift up thy voice like a trumpet, and shew my people their transgression, and the house of Jacob their sins.

Yet they seek me daily, and delight to know my ways, as a nation that did righteousness, and forsook not the ordinance of their ? : they ask of me the ordinances of justice; they take delight in approaching to ? .

Wherefore have we fasted, [say they], and thou seest not? [wherefore] have we afflicted our soul, and thou takest no knowledge? Behold, in the day of your fast ye find pleasure, and exact all your labours.

Behold, ye fast for strife and debate, and to smite with the fist of wickedness: ye shall not fast as [ye do this] day, to make your voice to be heard on high.

Is it such a fast that I have chosen? a day for a man to afflict his soul? [is it] to bow down his head as a bulrush, and to spread sackcloth and ashes [under him]? wilt thou call this a fast, and an acceptable day to the LORD?

[Is] not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke?

[Is it] not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? when thou seest the naked, that thou cover him; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh?

Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the LORD shall be thy reward.

Then shalt thou call, and the LORD shall answer; thou shalt cry, and he shall say, Here I [am]. If thou take away from the midst of thee the yoke, the putting forth of the finger, and speaking vanity;

And [if] thou draw out thy soul to the hungry, and satisfy the afflicted soul; then shall thy light rise in obscurity, and thy darkness [be] as the noonday:

And the LORD shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not.

And [they that shall be] of thee shall build the old waste places: thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in.

If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, [from] doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking [thine own] words:

Then shalt thou delight thyself in the LORD; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken [it].

1 SAMUEL 15:22-23

And Samuel said, Hath the LORD [as great] delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey [is] better than sacrifice, [and] to hearken than the fat of rams.

For rebellion [is as] the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness [is as] iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the LORD, he hath also rejected thee from [being] king.

and here's some homework.....

Psalm 51

What does it mean to you?

Comments

• judahxulu
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Watch whats going on in the world brethren and be careful. If you had not noticed...every High Holy Day season brings the Universal Corrective Force out in an exponential manner. Don't get caught out there being likened unto the nations which surround you. If you look back historically, especially recent history, you will see that the more degenerate the world is- the more crazy stuff happens this time of year. Be on your toes and don't get caught on the wrong side of the fence because cause and effect is impersonal.
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Shalom and blessings to you....... This is going to be my first YOM KIPPUR that i observe from SUNDOWN OCT 7 TO SUNDOWN OCT 8, i will ask for forgivness those who i wronged.

For the fast it's a dry fast so that means no food or drink until sundown on Oct 8, is that correct?
  • judahxulu
    edited October 2011
    Options
    waterproof wrote: »
    Shalom and blessings to you....... This is going to be my first YOM KIPPUR that i observe from SUNDOWN OCT 7 TO SUNDOWN OCT 8, i will ask for forgivness those who i wronged.

For the fast it's a dry fast so that means no food or drink until sundown on Oct 8, is that correct?

yep. also the normal shabbaht rules..no electricity, driving etc. anything that is work.
  • waterproof
    edited October 2011
    Options
    GETTING READY FOR YOM KIPPUR tommorow, PEACE AND BLESSINGS TO ALL, and be careful out there like brother JUdahxulu said it the holiday season and it's crazy out here. There was a man that killed 3 people and wounded 8 yesterday in the south bay and there was a women that was found dead, murder was the case.
  • waterproof
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I had a great Yom Kippur fasted for 24 hours and repented, prayed and read the Tanahk
  • judahxulu
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I had a great Yom Kippur fasted for 24 hours and repented, prayed and read the Tanahk

Refreshing ain't it? Now imagine if everybody around you in the same house, city, state..even country is doing the same thing at the same time....

Now watch the news and see the after effects. Theyre coming.
  • waterproof
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Yes it was, The Spirit defeated the flesh for 24 hours and i learned when you put YHWH first and serve him than everything else is cake. I didnt even cared to check the emails, text messages or even thought about food or water because i wanted to serve YHWH.

My girl brought me a plate of salmon, veggies and steamed rice, and i didnt even think about touching it.

Yes they are coming, and i never thought it would be this fast. It's time to fast, pray and read the book more, get our physical, mental and spiritual .

How was your Yom Kippur.
  • judahxulu
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Yes it was, The Spirit defeated the flesh for 24 hours and i learned when you put YHWH first and serve him than everything else is cake. I didnt even cared to check the emails, text messages or even thought about food or water because i wanted to serve YHWH.

My girl brought me a plate of salmon, veggies and steamed rice, and i didnt even think about touching it.

Yes they are coming, and i never thought it would be this fast. It's time to fast, pray and read the book more, get our physical, mental and spiritual .

How was your Yom Kippur.

Perfect. I saw some things coming that i'll wait to speak on but I will say the rate of change in the earth is gaining momentum.
  • waterproof
    edited October 2011
    Options
    judahxulu wrote: »
    Perfect. I saw some things coming that i'll wait to speak on but I will say the rate of change in the earth is gaining momentum.

I will be waiting for you to speak on it, and your New Testament thread, lol. we need that truth, knowledge and understanding brother
  • kheiyah4life
    kheiyah4life Members Posts: 58
    edited October 2011
    Options
    My Yom Kippur this year really allowed me to see just how staying aligned with your purpose affects everyone. I have always known that, but for some reason this time it really stuck. I have 2 children now and I know that EVERYTHING that I do and don't do affects them. Having that kind of influence is very powerful and I have to be careful with it. I have been stupid, immature, and hard headed and from that, I see the affects. I do not want my children to feel the same way I have for not obeying Yah. It's okay though. I would go though it 100x just to make sure my children don't. I am willing to do what I have to do to give my family the tools that they need to keep Yah in the front of their of minds at all time. It is truly about a lifestyle change. Changing your life to benefit Yah, will benefit you and those that follow that same lifestyle. I would have to say that we all reap what we sow and I am tired of reaping death, fear, anger, resentment, and whatever else can come for being hard headed. I am not saying that magically I will change tomorrow and be able to point at everyone else who is not following Yah and have a conviction party. But what I am saying is from here and until forever I will definitely put Yah first as often as I can in the front of my thinking and in my heart. I will pray more, I will be the woman of Proverbs 31, and I will not stop working towards worshiping Yah and bringing my people to Everlasting Life.
  • GSonII
    GSonII Members Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Sorry, I missed this it was so close to my BDay that I must study upon this.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    ether-i-am wrote: »
    Y'all do so much just to stay focused and disciplined.

Whatever works for ya. You Love it I like it.

Very true. I have very little respect for the Bible but if it helps some stay disciplined and focused, than may all the beautiful fairy tales of the world be respected.
  • judahxulu
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Very true. I have very little respect for the Bible but if it helps some stay disciplined and focused, than may all the beautiful fairy tales of the world be respected.

so unnecessary.....besides the bible is merely based on what we rotate on.
  • waterproof
    edited October 2011
    Options
    My Yom Kippur this year really allowed me to see just how staying aligned with your purpose affects everyone. I have always known that, but for some reason this time it really stuck. I have 2 children now and I know that EVERYTHING that I do and don't do affects them. Having that kind of influence is very powerful and I have to be careful with it. I have been stupid, immature, and hard headed and from that, I see the affects. I do not want my children to feel the same way I have for not obeying Yah. It's okay though. I would go though it 100x just to make sure my children don't. I am willing to do what I have to do to give my family the tools that they need to keep Yah in the front of their of minds at all time. It is truly about a lifestyle change. Changing your life to benefit Yah, will benefit you and those that follow that same lifestyle. I would have to say that we all reap what we sow and I am tired of reaping death, fear, anger, resentment, and whatever else can come for being hard headed. I am not saying that magically I will change tomorrow and be able to point at everyone else who is not following Yah and have a conviction party. But what I am saying is from here and until forever I will definitely put Yah first as often as I can in the front of my thinking and in my heart. I will pray more, I will be the woman of Proverbs 31, and I will not stop working towards worshiping Yah and bringing my people to Everlasting Life.

Shalom Crowned Sister that was beautiful and touching, and i have no doubt that with YAH in your life that you will be the woman of proverbs 31, may you continue to grow.

And welcome to the R&R of the Social Lounge we have a very small but powerful Hebrew Community here, looking forward to your contribution coming from a Female Hebrew
  • waterproof
    edited October 2011
    Options
    ether-i-am wrote: »
    Y'all do so much just to stay focused and disciplined.

Whatever works for ya. You Love it I like it.

why do you do so much to get attention and show out here? that's the question i like to be answered. See you wasnt built to live a warrior lifestyle and go through the things that build your mental, physical and spirit.

This is not new to Hebrews or those that conquer self, are you focus and disciplined, dont answer that because i bet your mind runs everywhere, you can not sit your ass down for an hour and focus on one thing for an whole hour with out your mind wondering.