My Articles on Life, Sports, Politics, Hip Hop, Food..

Options
tycroestrooper
tycroestrooper Members Posts: 26
edited May 2010 in Waiting To Exhale
hey all, since we are all sharing our ? thought i'd post a link to my blogs where i post thoughts on a whole range of issues, whilst I am based in the UK some articles may fly over your heads like the Football (Soccer) ones or the Local Welsh castles/food reviews...but others such as the Hip Hop ones or the Michael Jackson ones or the Political ones may pique your interest.

see what yall think, i'm a copy and post the Hip Hop one here (this is a hiphop forum after all) and hope you'll check my blog for the others.

http://bit.ly/9vh66R

________________________________________________________________________________

Rap. Hip hop. Emceeing. Whichever moniker you attribute to the musical genre it is evident that what originally made the art-form immerse from the underground and into public consciousness is now dramatically lacking. Indeed to use an controversial term, Hip Hop is dead.

Ice Cube; NWA; 2Pac; Biggie; Wu Tang Clan; Nas; Jay-Z; A star-studded list of performers who made hip-hop classics every time they stepped in the recording booth. They crafted albums which displayed a credible mixture of raw emotion with lyrics that painted perfect mental portraits of the stories being told, almost always with a foot-thumping eclectic beat in the background as the perfect compliment to the rhymes.

These flourishes of musical genius helped transform an inner-city African-American pastime into a multi-million dollar empire constructed upon platinum albums that achieved both critical and commercial vsuccess and capable of standing that elusive test of time as great projects.

Compare this to the current status of the rap game. There are no known hip hop artists consistently releasing material that in previous years would be termed “5 Mics”, coined from the rare distinction of full marks given by the one-time influential magazine The Source.

Of the people capable of gaining universal acclaim, Jay-Z is still there or thereabouts but is becoming even more mainstream with every collaboration. Kanye has given up on hip hop if not the controversial aspects and Nas has become the boring flop the ‘Takeover’ alluded to. Below that there is nothing of substance, just a plethora of glorified R&B singers, novelty high school rappers or no-name Myspace autotune-altered artists clogging up an oversaturated but poor quality market.

Instead of Ice Cube’s hard hitting portrayal’s of inner-city LA life, 2Pac’s ultimately fatal dose of craziness combined with social awareness and Wu Tang Clan’s gritty hard rhymes over hypnotic instrumentals we have rappers shouting and screaming nonsensical blatherings on over-produced beats that resemble nothing more than quickly-produced drab for a fanbase that is anything but 90′s hip hip connoisseurs. Hip Hop is Dead? Has been for a long time.

http://bit.ly/9vh66R

Comments

• Tupacfan
    Tupacfan Members, Moderators Posts: 2,428 Regulator
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Great read yo!

Its actually nice.. And imma hafta check out ur blogspot.. I got time on my hands so mos def I'll peep the spot.

And its actually cool that u elaborate on some of the real hip hop. Props for that.. Because society is consumed with this hip pop..

Peace!
  • tycroestrooper
    edited May 2010
    Options
    cheers pal. was kinda expecting a pasting from someone as the IC is not the best loving forum. thumbs up pal
  • Tupacfan
    edited May 2010
    Options
    LOL,

I hear you..

Indeed, u gotta have tuff skin to post on this forum LOL.

If u had post it in reasoning, I'm sure u woulda school some dem kats over there.. They could def take note too haha..
  • tycroestrooper
    edited May 2010
    Options
    i did post it. half sed hip hop IS dead...the other have sed its fools like me who make it dead by continaully saying its dead. lol. dumb ?
  • Tupacfan
    edited May 2010
    Options
    o u did, LOL.

Yea, we all grew up in different generations and that's what separates our opinions.. Each individual are instilled with a different era.. And we can actually grow from different perespectives too and learn to understand others.. However this new generation is like walking remote controls fa real..