Amanda Knox Acquitted of Murder

Options
RumBoxTen
RumBoxTen Members Posts: 187
edited October 2011 in The Social Lounge
Yea she was just acquitted about an hour ago. What I find funny is how our news outlets always try to spin international event. Bias in the justice system is nothing new though. This was no different than the OJ Simpson case in my opinion. I believe the verdict was heavily influenced by politics outside of the actual crime. I mean most people don't even know the name of the victim nor care to know the details of the case. Whats even worse is that she was found guilty of defamation(lying). Seriously? Paris Hilton justice at it's finest.

"Outside the court, however, after the sentence is the wrath of the crowd exploded. A strong protest with cries of "Shame, ? , sold" for judges and lawyers who were preparing to be interviewed. Over a thousand people, mainly young, have shouted their anger. --Repubblica News"

http://www.repubblica.it/cronaca/2011/10/03/news/sentenza-22642156/?ref=HREA-1

CNN's Richard Allen Greene reports that a mostly young and rowdy but cheerful crowd has converged on the square outside courthouse. There are at least hundreds filling the square, he reported.

Comments

• Supahero
    Supahero Members Posts: 13
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Her ex-boyfriend was also released, his name is Raffaele Sollecito and he has also been in prison 4 years. The media seem to forget about him because he is an IT student, Italian and male. As opposed to a not-ugly, american female, so she apparently deserves more sympathy for some reason, even though her testimony is questionable.
    Meredith Kercher is the name of the girl murdered, and as someone that is from England her name is the one which is most closely associated with the story and not Knox's name. But it appears in America it is only Knox that is cared about. She'll be modelling pretty shoes by the end of the year and have a reality tv show.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    The only people I feel sorry for through all this is Meredith Kercher and her family. The Italian legal system really have completely ballsed the whole thing up, and while they're doing that you've got Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito (who let's face it, with the amount of times they've lied, contradicted each other and changed their statements) who might have killed Meredith Kercher, but because they're white and have rich parents who can afford to spend money on the best legal team, as well as the whole media 'Foxy Knoxy' creation and contaminated evidence they're free to walk away and cash in on all this while the Kercher family walk away wondering "What now? Who actually killed Meredith?". Four years of wasted time and no sign of the Kercher family gaining any justice at all. Ridiculous.

As Supahero said above, if the person involved isn't white, pretty and American or it doesn't effect American people then the American media and public generally don't care. I'm waiting for the TV interviews and book cash-ins from Amanda Knox. If we're lucky we might even get an OJ Simpson style book ten years down the line from Knox titled "If I Did It".
  • cobbland
    cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    At least a "? " went down for the crime!

What more can you ask for?
  • sTaY_TrUe
    sTaY_TrUe Members Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    smh at this whole damn case. ? shame
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Most people I seen on tv talk about it were satisfied, they said based on everything they felt she was innocent.

These are lawyers as well.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    who gives a ? about whatever her name is?
  • cobbland
    cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    sionb55 wrote: »
    Key to her success:

- Good lawyer: they found blood on her bra but determined it was in-admissible b/c it was there too long, the "original" knife was never found, another knife tho was found & had blood on it, and nobody could positively - absolutely say she was at the scene of the crime.

- The media: the media & tabloids killed the credibility of the case, the US media put Italy on blast.

Either way tho, one of the dudes got off along with Amanda the other dude is still gonna serve some time. Very interesting case.

Never stopped Blacks from being convicted under similar circumstances though.
  • bbwthick23
    bbwthick23 Members Posts: 954 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Supahero wrote: »
    Her ex-boyfriend was also released, his name is Raffaele Sollecito and he has also been in prison 4 years. The media seem to forget about him because he is an IT student, Italian and male. As opposed to a not-ugly, white female, so she apparently deserves more sympathy for some reason, even though her testimony is questionable.
    Meredith Kercher is the name of the girl murdered, and as someone that is from England her name is the one which is most closely associated with the story and not Knox's name. But it appears in America it is only Knox that is cared about. She'll be modelling pretty shoes by the end of the year and have a reality tv show.

Fixed.....
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    sionb55 wrote: »
    Key to her success:

Her being a middle-class, White female.

Fixed. smh....
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Further proof being white and having a good lawyer can have you beat any case.