Christians who say "only ? can judge me" are flat out wrong

Options
Darius
Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
They don't know the Bible and they just say that anytime someone is critical of their life

Comments

• judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    They don't know the Bible and they just say that anytime someone is critical of their life

true..and "judge not lest ye be judged" is misused often. having judgement is the same as having discernment its just a reminder that when u looking at somebody elses flaws yours are being looked at. we cant help but to judge. we just dont have the power to condemn or exonerate. i'm glad u said that about them not knowing the bible cause a lot of time people judge what the book say based off of christian misinterpretation.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    And?

Explain yourself, provide scripture, break it down etc..

You can't just claim and then leave it hanging, come on step it up...
  • Darius
    edited October 2011
    Options
    1st Corinthians outlines the doctrine of Church Discipline. One of the primary responsibilities of church members is to confront another member if he sees that person living in sin and get them to confess and seek forgiveness.

Nowhere in the Bible
    Does it say only ? can judge.
  • Ibex
    Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Only psalms I read was on the arms of my ? ...
  • Darius
    edited October 2011
    Options
    It's all in the the gospel of tupac
  • Darius
    edited October 2011
    Options
    The Bible instructs Christians to judge sinners. ? may make a judgement on our outcome
    For eternity, but dont ignore the fact that Christians are called to judge in love
  • Rock_Well
    Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    judahxulu wrote: »
    true..and "judge not lest ye be judged" is misused often. having judgement is the same as having discernment its just a reminder that when u looking at somebody elses flaws yours are being looked at. we cant help but to judge. we just dont have the power to condemn or exonerate. i'm glad u said that about them not knowing the bible cause a lot of time people judge what the book say based off of christian misinterpretation.

Exactly. Even Jesus said we are to judge righteously. a lot of folk take the 'judge not lest ye be judged' scripture and conclude that it means all judgments are wrong.
  • Darius
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Also, 1st Timothy 3:1-13 illustrates how the body of Christ determines it's leaders. Offices of elder and deacon are occupied by men who meet certain qualifications. Some of which involve being judged by their peers. It states the person must not be arrogant, must not love money, must have control over his household, must be gentle and kind, etc... And since the church body votes these people into office, they are all judging the man's character according to scripture.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I dont say only ? can judge me cause i see things clear.....quick as craccas would give my black ass a hundred years.
  • Darius
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Evaluation involves making judgements about ones character
  • Darius
    edited October 2011
    Options
    There is instruction for Christians to judge in a Biblical way. And also a Biblical response to that judgement. It is not all of the devil.
  • Darius
    edited October 2011
    Options
    No. I pointed out where Christians are called to judge. My thread title says that Christians
    Who believe only ? can judge are wrong. My posts are consistent with that
  • Rock_Well
    Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Granted there are a few areas in which Christians are not to judge. For one we not supposed to judge in a area where we are guilty of the same thing. That one should be easy enough.