Holy mother of ? .....Herman Cain is ahead of Republican field by 20 points!

Options
kingblaze84
kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2011 in The Social Lounge
? , who saw this ? coming?? We might get two Black presidents in a row, with Obama's poll ratings in the dumpster right now. Cain even beats Obama in a head to head match up.......

http://news.yahoo.com/poll-cain-surges-opens-20-point-lead-romney-132015440.html;_ylt=Au8OJt1ng_s.KrGtPirXPKttzwcF;_ylu=X3oDMTRoZzZvN2l1BGNjb2RlA2dtcHRvcDIwMHBvb2xyZXN0BG1pdANOZXdzIGZvciB5b3UEcGtnAzc2MmI4Y2Y2LTFjZjUtM2RhNi05MzI5LTc5MmQxNDQzNmE0NARwb3MDMwRzZWMDbmV3c19mb3JfeW91BHZlcgNlOWQyZThlMC1mMGU3LTExZTAtYmVlYS0wZmU4YmJiN2Q4Njg-;_ylg=X3oDMTJsMGU3b2pwBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDNzIyMmJhYzMtN2JlYi0zNDU2LThkMDctMzVhZTNhMDgwODcxBHBzdGNhdAN1cwRwdANzdG9yeXBhZ2U-;_ylv=3

In news sure to inject shock and awe into the Republican political primary season, a Zogby poll released Thursday showed Herman Cain leading the Republican field, topping former front-runner Mitt Romney by an astonishing 20 points. Cain would also narrowly edge out Obama in a general election, the poll found, by a 46-44 margin.

Romney, the former Massachusetts governor, would lose by a point to the president, 40 percent to 41 percent. Texas governor Rick Perry, who has slipped in the polls of late, would lose to the president 45 percent to 40 percent.

The poll found that 38 percent of Republican primary voters said they would vote for Cain if the primary were held today. Eighteen percent said they would throw their support to Romney, while 12 percent each said they would vote for Perry and Texas congressman Ron Paul. No other candidate attracted double-digit support.

This is the second month in a row in which Zogby has found Cain leading the pack; he has surged another 10 points ahead of his competitors since September.

Comments

• kingblaze84
    edited October 2011
    Options
    It's very telling when a man as flawed as Herman Cain is ahead of Obama in the polls now. Obama has very little support these days, I went to the beautiful Occupy Wall Street protests this morning and most of the people there hated Obama (I merely dislike him). The signs there were unbelievable, from Obama sucks ? to Obama is just as bloodthirsty as Bin Laden. Even I wouldn't go that far to say that, although I don't disagree with those sentiments......is this just a flash in the pan moment or is Herman Cain about to be the next president of the United States?
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Who next? Mexicans?
  • ustreet_monsta
    ustreet_monsta Members Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Its an aberration.

You can't identify a front runner this early in the process. If you could, Wesley Clark or Howard Dean would be president.

What those numbers tell me, is that Republicans aren't happy with Mitt Romney. Theres a lot of excitement on the Right, but if they dont have a candidate who they can rally their base around, they won't beat Obama. They need a candidate who Christian conservatives, wall street Republicans, and independents can get behind.

Romney - doesn't excite the Christian Coalition or the ? Repubs who question his flip flopping and support of Obama-Care

Cain - not enough government experience for ? Repubs, too out there for Independents (how can he be a minority president and discriminate against Muslims?)

Perry - Independents dont like Perry

Paul - Worries the ? Repubs (neo-cons, hawks, military industrialists)

Ron Paul is the guy the Republicans should be pushing for. He has a strong independent base and was the leader of the original tea-party movement
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    lol if u think Cain has a chance of getting the nomination, much less beating obama. Guliani was ahead in the polls by a lot at one point too.
  • Mr. 66Hundred
    Mr. 66Hundred Members Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    Who next? Mexicans?

Naw becuz most mexicans are not legal citizens of the U.S. and the ones that are legal are either in jail or never goin to college........ or livin to be 35
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    if the choice for president come down to two ? all hell will break loose lmao

i might ? around and vote in the california republican primary to help this happen
  • bignorm73
    bignorm73 Banned Users Posts: 5,031 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Herman Cain needs to get familiar with the Ballad of Michael Steele.
    They find blacks to talk ? when they dont get their ? together.
    As soon as Rick Perry gets right, and gets Romney as his running mate,
    they will discard him like Godfather's pizza.
  • kingblaze84
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Naw becuz most mexicans are not legal citizens of the U.S. and the ones that are legal are either in jail or never goin to college........ or livin to be 35

Yeah, for some reason I don't think it's very likely we'll see a Mexican president in my lifetime. Next to Arabs and Muslims, Mexicans have to be the most hated group in America by far. Even ? get more love now.
  • earth two superman
    edited October 2011
    Options
    yeah because mexicans are the only latino group in the world. therefore its mexican or nothing.
  • ROFL.GUY
    ROFL.GUY Members Posts: 3,117 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    herman cain the anti-christ?

999 plan?http://www.hermancain.com/999plan

666?

Genesis 4:15 reads, “And the LORD said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the LORD set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should ? him.”
  • politicalthug202
    politicalthug202 Members Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    It's very telling when a man as flawed as Herman Cain is ahead of Obama in the polls now. Obama has very little support these days, I went to the beautiful Occupy Wall Street protests this morning and most of the people there hated Obama (I merely dislike him). The signs there were unbelievable, from Obama sucks ? to Obama is just as bloodthirsty as Bin Laden. Even I wouldn't go that far to say that, although I don't disagree with those sentiments......is this just a flash in the pan moment or is Herman Cain about to be the next president of the United States?

actually bob dole was ahead of bill clinton by 10 points at this point in his presidency.

the fac that obama is ahead of some gop canidates or with in 2-4 points
    of others with 9% unemployment is actually remarkable.

Herman Cain cant win because he doesnt have enough campaign money and
    he doesnt have any ground game. the nominee will be either romney or perry
    and obama will beeat them 41 49
  • earth two superman
    edited October 2011
    Options
    cain wants money and a show on fox news, not the presidency. hes the black sarah palin.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited October 2011
    Options
    What those numbers tell me, is that Republicans aren't happy with Mitt Romney.
    this is almost certainly the correct answer. Cain has a devoted base of support, but his current numbers reflect the "meh" attitude people take towards Romney (as well as attempts by more conservative Republicans to get Romney to bend their way by flirting with Cain).
  • ROFL.GUY
    ROFL.GUY Members Posts: 3,117 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    this is almost certainly the correct answer. Cain has a devoted base of support, but his current numbers reflect the "meh" attitude people take towards Romney (as well as attempts by more conservative Republicans to get Romney to bend their way by flirting with Cain).

romenys a MORMON

a MORMON will NEVER be POTUS
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I'm really not surprised. The Republicans showed their real colors since Obama's campaign and current term. If they'd go as low as Sarah Palin and Joe The Plumber. Trying out a black guy, hoping blacks will vote cause he's black isn't beneath them. The monkey see, monkey do kind of thinking.
  • Well Got Dam
    Well Got Dam Members Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    they wanna keep on electing ? for president so they can keep the blame of the economy on a ? instead of where it started from Bush
  • Well Got Dam
    edited October 2011
    Options
    heyslick wrote: »
    Yeah! you got it right -- the first Black President of America will never be held responsible for HIS inadequacies, WTF? The ghetto mentality/policy of 'NO SNITCHING' has now come front and center. Yeah this precious black man has no regrets about spending billions upon billions of taxpayer monies and he just doesn't care. Yeah the black community will take it in stride and claim that them wicked white people didn't give him the chance to make things better.......WTF?

IS the unemployment rate in black communities improving?? -- since your precious man took the white house? IMO President Obama was bound & determined to transform America & he succeeded - unfortunately it collapsed in the process & won't recover for decades to come. *wonders if Herman Cain will blame his predecessor or put it on the ? Bush* ??

oh so Bush starting two wars, one on bogus claims of WMD and tax cuts wasn't the beginning of this whole downward spiral?

? outta here cracka!
  • Well Got Dam
    edited October 2011
    Options
    heyslick wrote: »
    WHO the ? you thing perpetuated them senseless wars? Yeah the world is really on this black man's ? & they even gave him an award for it and claim he's all about peace in the world....? ! OH btw President Obama's Attorney General is guilty of murdering his own citizens.....I suppose those border patrol agents deaths can be blamed on the former president as well,huh???

dam you really upset over this ? huh?

we can go back and forth on past events and who is to blame but truth is i really dont give a ? .......go take a Zoloft double Paxil ass depression cracka!
  • kingblaze84
    edited October 2011
    Options
    DAMITT wrote: »
    oh so Bush starting two wars, one on bogus claims of WMD and tax cuts wasn't the beginning of this whole downward spiral?

? outta here cracka!

Bush was a disaster no doubt but why is Obama continuing so much of Bush's policies?? The war in Afghanistan isn't ending anytime soon, his phony withdrawal date of 2014 has no firm commitment to how many troops will be removed.

Also, why did Obama continue Bush's beloved tax cuts? Bush was a horrible man and president but where is the change Obomber I mean Obama promised?
  • earth two superman
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain said on Sunday that he doesn't believe racism holds African Americans back.

"I don't believe racism in this country today holds anybody back in a big way," said, Cain, former CEO of Godfather's Pizza, during an interview on CNN. “Are there some elements of racism? Yes, it gets back to if we don't grow this economy, that is a ripple effect for every economic level, and because blacks are more disproportionately unemployed, they get hit the worst when economic policies don't work. That's where it starts.”

Cain asserted that he firmly believes that "many" African Americans have a level playing field when it comes to economic issues and pointed to his own credentials to make his case.

With the estimated unemployment rate for the African American community sitting well above the national average, the Republican hopeful signaled he sees the discrepancy as a product of geographical conditions and factors related to education. When it comes to African Americans struggling economically he said, "They weren't held back because of racism." He added, “People sometimes hold themselves back because they want to use racism as an excuse for them not being able to achieve what they want to achieve."

Last month, Cain raised eyebrows when he suggested members of the African American community "have been brainwashed into not being open-minded, not even considering a conservative point of view." He said at the time that his observation can be seen in black voters traditionally lining up to support Democrats.

Cain predicted during a recent appearance on Fox News that in a hypothetical general election match-up against President Barack Obama he'd secure at least one-third of the black vote.

During a recent appearance on CNN Cain said, "This whole notion that all black Americans are necessarily going to stay and vote Democrat and vote for Obama, that's simply not true." He added, "More and more black Americans are thinking for themselves. And that's a good thing."

Recent polls show Cain finding a surge in support in the Republican presidential primary contest.-

-

lmao yeah blacks are really gonna vote for this guy.
  • kingblaze84
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Allergens wrote: »
    Ironically Obama is the type of black guy that would vote for this dude....them i made it so why cant you type ? ....mean while they made it cause they licked and sucked more white ass than a ? prostitute in Boston

Haha, you just reminded me of the time Obama told Black America to take off our slippers and stop whining, crying and grumbling. I still haven't forgiven him for saying that. I don't hear his sellout ass telling the mostly white protestors at the Occupy Protests nationwide to stop crying. ? Obama and ? Cain.

Only a sellout would tell Blacks to stop crying but listen timidly as whites and Jews chew his ass up in public. Obama would definitely vote for Cain if he wasn't president, just look at how much Obama's ? ass is sucking up to Bush all the time.
  • damnkp
    damnkp Members Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    i agree with republicans on most social issues..but i tend to side with democrats on matters of the economy
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited October 2011
    Options
    ROFL.GUY wrote: »
    romenys a MORMON
    a MORMON will NEVER be POTUS
    so are you saying this as a commentary on voters, or do you have a problem with Mormons?
    lmao yeah blacks are really gonna vote for this guy.
    would he be getting many black votes if nothing you quoted had been said?
  • earth two superman
    edited October 2011
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    would he be getting many black votes if nothing you quoted had been said?

nah i guess not. but i could see romney choosing cain as a VP just to attempt to get black votes.
  • kingblaze84
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I'll say this about Cain, he won't even get 12% of the Black vote. Tops 8 to 10%. Black people hate the Republican party and Cain won't change that with his 9-9-9 plan. If we do 999 America will go bye bye bye. A 9% sales tax on everything is ridiculous. A 9% tax on a t-shirt is gonna make people start making their own clothes. And the rise of street vendors selling bootlegs will only increase, the black market will skyrocket. 9% tax on corporations will make the federal debt jump even higher, while poor and middle class families will get squeezed even further. Cain would be a disaster as president, worst than Obama.