Shenanigans in the Black Church

Options
young law
young law Members Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭
edited October 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Over the past decade I have noticed that black folks have left the church.
In droves.
It jus aint as sacred as it used to be.
One of the stereotypes of blax is "how much we luv some damn church".
It seem like that grip the church had is now almost gone.
Yall think its jus society as a whole losing touch with things once considered sacred
or
Folks jus tired of church shenanigans ???

Comments

• Idi Amin Dada
    Idi Amin Dada Members Posts: 3,192 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    young law wrote: »
    Over the past decade I have noticed that black folks have left the church.
    In droves.
    It jus aint as sacred as it used to be.
    One of the stereotypes of blax is "how much we luv some damn church".
    It seem like that grip the church had is now almost gone.
    Yall think its jus society as a whole losing touch with things once considered sacred
    or
    Folks jus tired of church shenanigans ???

? , it's ATM's in church. If they don't think it's sacred, why the ? should I?

I guess ? skipped over the part where Jesus went ham on ? for hustlin' in church.
  • Aristo_V300
    Aristo_V300 Members Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Only reason I went is because my mom made me... now I don't have to so I don't.
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    i don't think it's less now but I'm not into church so that's only my opinion.

eddie long still got followers. creflo still got has flowers.
    people don't leave their churches no matter how ? up it is... and if they do, they go to another one. church people are church people.

however i think people who have never been into church are less likely to get into it nowadays for a lot of reasons.
  • -Vincenzo-
    -Vincenzo- Members Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    there is a lot of shenanigans in the church true. at the end of the day everyone of us is still a sinner, so what do you expect?

and people leaving church is a myth you made up i think, i heard america is, in contrast to its friends in western europe, getting more religious.
  • The Jackal
    The Jackal Members Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Only logical that now more then every proof of a ? existance espically Yaheweh is at an all time low. More people are going to leave because they have nothing to keep them coming back (Promise of Heaven, Fear of Hell)
  • beezy f baby
    beezy f baby Members Posts: 4,909 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    went to church this morning

lol @ atm's in the church
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Dont trust church and church people.Real talk they will turn on you for there church on a second.
  • truth spitter
    truth spitter Members Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    most people i kno in college aren't that religious ....i feel like when they get older tho they gonna try to win brownie points with ? and start going to church
  • Idi Amin Dada
    Idi Amin Dada Members Posts: 3,192 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options

^^#neverbeentochurchinpgcountypost
  • chilly
    chilly Members Posts: 1,206 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I was tripping when a big ass expensive church in the middle of the projects got struck by lightning and burned down here.if that's not a sign from ? , I don't know what is.
  • young law
    edited October 2011
    Options
    maybe these shenanigans like dude gettin his Martin Lawrence on also disgraced the church

dancing-in-church-lol-a.gif
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I Haven't been to church since I was like 14. And will never go back becuz my whole outlook on religion has changed
  • bignorm73
    bignorm73 Banned Users Posts: 5,031 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options

Do you go to a black church?
    There is an atm in my church lol.

Anyway
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Man u need to to stop trying to post music in every post lol
  • shawnbrown
    shawnbrown Members Posts: 2,256
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Alot of churches I been to are just like high school. Its s fucckin fasion show and ppl be on that he say she say ? . Ms. Johnson did this. Ms. Johnson did that. And this is grown ups Im talkin bout here. ? disgusting
  • young law
    edited October 2011
    Options
    shawnbrown wrote: »
    Alot of churches I been to are just like high school. Its s fucckin fasion show and ppl be on that he say she say ? . Ms. Johnson did this. Ms. Johnson did that. And this is grown ups Im talkin bout here. ? disgusting

remind me of that field mob song

"always talkin bout what sister martha wear.....atleast sister martha there"
  • bignorm73
    bignorm73 Banned Users Posts: 5,031 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    KingJamal wrote: »
    Man u need to to stop trying to post music in every post lol

So in a hip hop forum, i cant post relevant music to the topic?
    Ok....
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    A fish out of water is still a fish, but it's a dead one. Same thing with a christian who is not in church. Yeah, you can still be a believer but you will never grow, develop, and mature as a christian out of church.

Batman had robin and even the Lone ranger had tonto, so how can a christian actually believe that they can be all that they can be without the fellowship of other believers? There are no secret service Christians. Your only setting yourself up for disaster, especially in these last days!

"Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another--and all the more as you see the Day approaching." Hebrews 10:25

The days that are coming will be TERRIBLE and those who try to serve Jesus Christ on their own will be cast into the meat grinder. Amen.
  • JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    ^^#neverbeentochurchinpgcountypost

What's that church joint called in Landover? Jericho?
  • JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    bignorm73 wrote: »
    Do you go to a black church?
    There is an atm in my church lol.

Anyway

Lol @ me coming into this thread to post this song.

TGSET is possibly HH album of the year.
  • salamerican1
    salamerican1 Members Posts: 714 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Never been to a black chuuch
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Theres Shenanigans everywhere.. the thing is people across the board have become increasingly indifferent.....expirementing athiest.. i guess the "hassle and the hustle" of church community across the board has a part in weary parishoners.

You dont have to goto church to get ? anyway. Most of the people that go to church and alot that deal with the running of the church lost their damn "religion" anyhow. So why fake he funk. I have a hard time all these scandalous mofos that do goto church and are intimately involved are believers anyway.. Half of the ? that goes down seems to happen without a care in the world.. Surely people are not ignorant enought to pave the road to hell 6 days a week.. and take a brick back on sunday with repentance.............

oh wait.
  • Bwoahmizzee
    Bwoahmizzee Members Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    this thread needs thos gifs of da ? dancin in church....................he be gettin it

Imma go find em for yall

ok I prolly won't bring the gifs back because I'll forget but if I do you're welcome in advance
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    sboogie wrote: »
    there are more churches than schools/parks/liquors stores combined in the neighborhood I'm researching right now...
    somebody going to them ? ...

This...................

I dont know where you at but Megachurches popping up like liquor store and ? shop used too. Pastoring to the people is the new hustle. Really now because the new thing is non-denominational (splchk) or not affiliating with a church body. Hell even then ? is corrupt!
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    shawnbrown wrote: »

That ? everywhere. Outside the church, inside the church! At work, At home! At white people house, at black people house, at mexicans house. Humans gossip and judge.