PS3 Owners Is It Worth The Switch?

Options
Ishi
Ishi Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2011 in IllGaming
From the 360 to a PS3?

I been thinking about it for a while now i have one of the older white 360s but I've always been a fan of playstation i still play my ps2 games heavy final fantasy 10/12, Persona 3 fes etc.
Owners of both or people that just have PS3s and have played 360 do you think it would be worth it to make the switch and trade my 360 in at gamestop with some cash for a 60GB PS3 so i can still play my ps2 games i enjoy?

Probably won't get more than 60-70 bucks for my 360 w wireless out of the $219.99 + shipping for the 60GB ps3.

Comments

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Hell yeah..

Must cop the Uncharted series Resistance series.. and Killzone series

Uncharted and Resistance has the first two in bundle for 40 a pop on amazon..

Hold up.. u might as well buy the ps3 for 250 and get 320Gigs.. and a free game with it.
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Resistance and Killzone are ? garbage, b.

Listen ? what he said. When I switched from xbox 360 to Ps3 it was like heaven. Free online gameplay. Free internet. Download free movies and songs to my ? . Its like a laptop mane. Its worth it. Cop that GTA IV and call of duty black ops that's a must
  • Ishi
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Hell yeah..

Must cop the Uncharted series Resistance series.. and Killzone series

Uncharted and Resistance has the first two in bundle for 40 a pop on amazon..

Hold up.. u might as well buy the ps3 for 250 and get 320Gigs.. and a free game with it.

Shiiiit 320gb? for 250 damn.. I'm a sucka for my old ps2 games so i need a backwards compatible ps3 and i think only the 60gbs and the 80gb wit 4 usbs are.
  • Terrorist_Jones
    Terrorist_Jones Banned Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    my ? ,, Keep ur 360. ? getting a Backwards compataiable ps3,, they dying out,, ull end up wit a lemon. you got a ps2,, so u gravy.. just copp u a ps3 slim for the 150 and you good,, i got both systems. I play on both too, thats the only way to roll,,dont listen to these broke ass one console owning ? , they onesided gamers wit half azz opinions.
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Just curious, why do people always have to do either or? You can still get a PS3, then you'll have both.

I don't see why people trade in their systems, especially at this point in the current gens lifespan, just to get ? by Gamestop. They selling 360s for like $200, but will only give you like $60 for it; I mean granted, the hardware is a ? , but still...sheeeeiiiit. At least try ebay or craigslist.
  • Ishi
    edited October 2011
    Options
    my ? ,, Keep ur 360. ? getting a Backwards compataiable ps3,, they dying out,, ull end up wit a lemon. you got a ps2,, so u gravy.. just copp u a ps3 slim for the 150 and you good,, i got both systems. I play on both too, thats the only way to roll,,dont listen to these broke ass one console owning ? , they onesided gamers wit half azz opinions.

True true but when a dude wanna kick it on socom 2 us navy seals/battlefront 2 i would have to go move my ps2 where my computer is to be able to play online.

It would save alot of time if i could just play it on a ps3 with its wireless connection i wouldn't have to move anything over to the living room just to play a game for an hour.
  • sapp08_2001
    edited October 2011
    Options
    The dude probably already has a laptop. Why would he downgrade to ? psn?

That's ur opinion. But I thought I already said ? what u said? Get it?
  • sapp08_2001
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Ishi wrote: »
    True true but when a dude wanna kick it on socom 2 us navy seals/battlefront 2 i would have to go move my ps2 where my computer is to be able to play online.

It would save alot of time if i could just play it on a ps3 with its wireless connection i wouldn't have to move anything over to the living room just to play a game for an hour.

Do it man. Lots of good games to choose from too. ? these xbox lovers
  • sapp08_2001
    edited October 2011
    Options

Man I got both systems and tell ya the truth only reason I kept the xbox is for Gears of War 3
  • Terrorist_Jones
    Terrorist_Jones Banned Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Man I got both systems and tell ya the truth only reason I kept the xbox is for Gears of War 3

my point! Spilenter cell conviction is the reason i chose to buy another one after the RROD,but its nice to have multi console cuz it reduces the wear and tear of playing on one system,,learn the after my 80 gig ps3 ylod on me.. hell I even play RTS pc games on my flat screen,,
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    just get a ps3 and keep the 360. no point in getting rid of it if theres games u still like on it.

ive thought about copping a 360 numerous times but the posts of the ppl here that rep 360s turned me off from doing it.
  • sapp08_2001
    edited October 2011
    Options
    my point! Spilenter cell conviction is the reason i chose to buy another one after the RROD,but its nice to have multi console cuz it reduces the wear and tear of playing on one system,,learn the after my 80 gig ps3 ylod on me.. hell I even play RTS pc games on my flat screen,,

Sho ya right! Ima have to add ya on the PSN
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Well it depends on how much you like Live and if you think it's worth the price.nobody I know who as a 360 only or a PS3 and 360 pay for Live.Also how much do you like Halo and Gears? They are the only exclusive games that are notable on the 360,but if you don't play them online then they are useless.With the PS3,you get free online,more exclusive games,better downloadable games and get to play games like Battlefield and COD for free online.Honestly,there is no benefit that the 360 has over the PS3.Not even Live is worth the hype.
  • Ishi
    edited October 2011
    Options
    just get a ps3 and keep the 360. no point in getting rid of it if theres games u still like on it.

ive thought about copping a 360 numerous times but the posts of the ppl here that rep 360s turned me off from doing it.

That's another thing maybe i need to step my gaming up but i really haven't found anything solely on the 360 that makes it feel whole to me. Not saying there's not fun games on the 360 I'm just saying there's not as many fun games on the 360 that is 360 only. Like if i switched systems than switched back i feel that i would miss the uncharted series/? Of war/Killzone series more than Halo or Gears of war series.
  • VulcanRaven
    edited October 2011
    Options
    That's another thing maybe i need to step my gaming up but i really haven't found anything solely on the 360 that makes it feel whole to me. Not saying there's not fun games on the 360 I'm just saying there's not as many fun games on the 360 that is 360 only. Like if i switched systems than switched back i feel that i would miss the uncharted series/? Of war/Killzone series more than Halo or Gears of war series.

This is the reason why I never bought a 360.Gears is cool,but I don't play online so that just leaves Fable.Really the 360 had a great start,but is just hype now and gets support because it is the American brand.Games like Mass Effect,Ninja Gaiden,Saints Row,Bioshock and Dead Rising were reasons to buy a 360 and now they are all on the PS3.Out of the 3 companies MS has the weakest first party companies which is really crucial now that most 3rd party games are on every console.The truth is that the 360 was always a poor man's PS3 used solely for multiplat games when the PS3 was very expensive.
  • W!Z G
    W!Z G Members Posts: 170 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Simple answer..............yes you wont regret it
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    i made the switch 2 years ago and never been happier its faster has more options and the games look better

xbox was wack as ? to me
  • VulcanRaven
    edited October 2011
    Options
    i made the switch 2 years ago and never been happier its faster has more options and the games look better

xbox was wack as ? to me

rofl all Xbox fans can say is that Live is better.What does Live do that makes it better? Nothing worth paying for that's sure.
  • Ishi
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Mad Jack wrote: »
    rofl all Xbox fans can say is that Live is better.What does Live do that makes it better? Nothing worth paying for that's sure.
    I've notice that is the difference between live and psn that big? I'm sure live is better since you are paying money but is it a major difference?

People will use the ps3 games cost more argument too.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Get it. But why get rid of the 360? GS is just gonna rob you. You might as well pay out of your pocket for a new PS3 than making GS richer.
  • VulcanRaven
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I've notice that is the difference between live and psn that big? I'm sure live is better since you are paying money but is it a major difference?

No big difference because all of the Live features do not improve the gaming experience.They are for socializing and have no impact on the game you are playing.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    but thats the point why pay for live when all u wanna do is play folks online which u can do for free on the ps3

the choice was clear for me
  • JadaRoss
    JadaRoss Members Posts: 6,791 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    does ps3 still have free online??
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    JadaRoss wrote: »
    does ps3 still have free online??

Yup. always
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options

Huh????????????