How do you feel when you hear a cop is shot?

Options
needmorecash
needmorecash Members Posts: 253
edited October 2011 in The Social Lounge
i mean what goes through your mind as to how that jump off
or do you feel victorious or vendicated. . just curious. . i was listening to some bruhs talk
it was crazy. . . then i realized my fear of police too. well i be hella tense when they around

Comments

• Paul Hate.
    Paul Hate. Members Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Why wud u be tense unless ur a criminal or look the type?As for the question i cant stand em i laugh when they get embarassed like at the parade but at the same time someone has to be the police..I really dont give a ? about cops and i wouldnt join for no amount of money.
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Amused.

Same way I feel when anyone gets shot.
  • PiffyHaze
    PiffyHaze Members Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    i tried to find my remorse but i cant. with them doing things to us in the hood.
  • Stephen-r
    Stephen-r Members Posts: 420 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I think its sad when any one get shot its a waste.
  • TimroD
    TimroD Confirm Email Posts: 1,685 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    i diont feel bad for them, i mean its sad for they family but these pigs chose their way
  • Stephen-r
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I would never say i hate the cops
    my two uncles where cops
    I have been arrested twice and did time in military jail
    yes they have choose their life and became law man but the end of the day getting shot/killed really no one should go down like that
  • Stephen-r
    edited October 2011
    Options
    its a sad sad world but its the veiw of the world
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    depends on what happened....if he was doing a traffic stop and the dude killed him cuz he just robbed a bank, im like damn its a shame (whatever)....but when they get killed tussling with somebody who got ahold of their gun or get shot kicking in the front door of somebody's trap, im like tough break ? ...shoulda stayed at home sick today
  • Stephen-r
    edited October 2011
    Options
    but should we live like this where guns are a culture thing
    just thing its bad
    kids of 10 thinking its cool to own a gun
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    it depends on the situation i have had coaches in sports that were cops that changed my perception of some cops despite many of them being ? . But even if cop is an ? i don't find joy in anyone being killed. I might feel justice but not joy. It ? me off more when I hear one black male/female kills another black male/female over a mistake or stupid argument though.
  • PPLSIntiative
    PPLSIntiative Members Posts: 222
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I am indifferent. Police are the buffer that protect the rich from the fury of the poor. This has always been the way. If there were an uprise tomorrow the police would be the ones protecting the property of the rich, and then shooting or becoming violent with the uprisers. There are only two type of people that become cops: Those that were bullies or jocks in high school that wish to reestablish that power dynamic in the real world. The second are those who were abused and otherwise powerless and they want to gain power, and badge and a gun are a quick route. No matter the person, the results are usually the same. Police Officers are an us vs Them fraternal organization, citizens are always looked at like potential threats or criminals. You give an average person that much authority and a gun to back it up with and it will most certainly be abused.

i don't feel good because there is a never ending supply of people wishing to become a police officer, even when one does bite the dust.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Im indifferent I hate cops... but I got family thats a cop ( told him he was an idiot and that I still hate cops) as long as it aint happen to my brother I dont care.
  • PPLSIntiative
    PPLSIntiative Members Posts: 222
    edited October 2011
    Options
    heyslick wrote: »
    I DESPISE people LIKE you -- who think that there's no middle ground. Police are out there to serve all folks NOT just the rich ones like you claim. You have got to be one of most arrogant and opinionated ? I've seen in some time. You're A fool that needs an education about life in general. NO ONE who has there head/& body in the clouds can really understand earthly matters.

it's hilariously ironic that as you make presumptuous proclamations about me you actually expose your own naivete.
  • blackgotty
    blackgotty Members Posts: 345
    edited October 2011
    Options
    "Kurt Loder asked me what I say to a dead cop's wife
    Cops ? my people everyday, that's life"
    Talib Kweli

cruel statement but meant to be provocative
    i dont hate cops but i have to admit that i dont feel safe around them .I wish death on nobody
    2 guys i went to school with are/were actually cops ,one of them quit because he didnt want to deal with the racism in his unit
  • iphucq
    iphucq Members Posts: 961 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    ani_wayne-brady-cop-killer.gif

madyogi+victory+dance.gif

• chilly
    chilly Members Posts: 1,206 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    a lot of time i feel no sympathy. sorta like it was deserved. later on, i might feel a little different though.
  • blackgotty
    blackgotty Members Posts: 345
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    was he white ?

yeah he was white
    i was kinda shocked when he told me what they were talking about when nobody was around
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited October 2011
    Options
    blackgotty wrote: »
    "Kurt Loder asked me what I say to a dead cop's wife
    Cops ? my people everyday, that's life"
    Talib Kweli
    21 posts to get this quote? disappointing, internet people, disappointing
  • DarkRaiden
    DarkRaiden Members Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    They probably deserved it. Cops be corrupt as ? . No sympathy, a little joy in my heart.
  • Just2C
    Just2C Members Posts: 931 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    " what do you say to a dead cops wife? cops ? my people everyday thats life" - Kweli
  • Generic
    Generic Members Posts: 1,043 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    fiat_money wrote: »
    Amused.

Same way I feel when anyone gets shot.

Best post in this thread.
  • wmj710
    wmj710 Members Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I think as a whole ? cops I'm sure there is a small percent that actually want to help and make a difference. Most these cops though are ? , bully's hiding behind a badge. Half them just responders they don't prevent no crime they don't help people.
  • Tha-Realist
    Tha-Realist Members Posts: 491
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Feel bad for their family, but they knew the risk when they signed up. I hate to see anybody die over nothing but ? happens.
  • Hypernova
    Hypernova Members Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Sir, I feel neither victorious or vindicated upon hearing such news. One could diagnose me as...indifferent.
  • Manik Sona
    Manik Sona Members Posts: 350
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Feel bad for their family, but they knew the risk when they signed up. I hate to see anybody die over nothing but ? happens.

Yeah, I feel bad for their family for sure but I have to agree, they know the risks. I feel grateful they put their lives on the line for my safety tho!