How Can Kanye Be Down For Occupy Wall Street when he is part of the 1%?

Options
MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2011 in The Social Lounge
I am a huge fan of Kanye but I dont get how he can be part of the occupy wall street movement when he is really part of the 1% of people gross wise. How the ? is this ? gunna allow ticket prices at his show to be over $70 for the worse seat but then act like he is going through what everyone else is going through. Well i don't belive in this protest working or being productive i see hypocracy in him and russel simmons acting like they part of the 99%.

http://www.forextv.com/forex-news-story/occupy-wall-street-welcomes-kanye-west-net-worth-70-million

Comments

• redhandedbandit
    redhandedbandit Members Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    the top 1% arent millionaires
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    edited October 2011
    Options
    you sir are ? stupid
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Occupy wall street is setting the foundation for whats coming. MARTIAL LAW!

You better get out of Babylon before the sword comes!
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    edited October 2011
    Options
    skooby2315 wrote: »
    you sir are ? stupid

lmao says the ? who joined a fake clique on the IC called "vegas lights".....and the same ? who had that facebook ? mirror shot pose.....you sir are wack as ?
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    edited October 2011
    Options
    You're an idiot, I swear.

If Warren Buffet can inspire this whole anti-Wall Street/wealthy-are-underTAXED mindset, then....why the fucc can't Kanye join?? Why the fucc Kanye can't feel like he's undertaxed?

If you don't treat BUFFET THIS WAY, for denouncing Wall Street and denouncing Bush tax-breaks-for-the-wealthy, then....get up off of Kanye!

but then this ? who probally had a key part in the set ticket prices for his tour gunna charge hella money so ? gotta pay an arm and a leg to see him and jay live. ? charging more than paul mccartney or bonjovi or any major cocky white band for an arena tour c'mon son.
  • #1 pick
    #1 pick Members Posts: 3,926 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Occupy wall street is setting the foundation for whats coming. MARTIAL LAW!

You better get out of Babylon before the sword comes!

Yep........
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    edited October 2011
    Options
    #1 pick wrote: »
    Yep........

and the thing is i agree corporate greed is sad and rediculous but when do protests stop do they stop when the top 5% control the moves of wall street. Just like rappers money will change many people from a lower class in negative lights if you let them.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    edited October 2011
    Options
    http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/1D004716DFF67F38?artistid=1620810&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=3

this is ? disgusting though.....this is the local jay z kanye concert ticket pricing. The ? they need the cheapest seat for $145 before taxes and fees for? There are bands than have 5+ people are inducted into hall of fames and tour with another big time act and you pay less. Greedy ass ? .....as kanye said "the prettiest people do the ugliest things for the road road to riches and diamond rings"
  • #1 pick
    #1 pick Members Posts: 3,926 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    and the thing is i agree corporate greed is sad and rediculous but when do protests stop do they stop when the top 5% control the moves of wall street. Just like rappers money will change many people from a lower class in negative lights if you let them.

This is not about corporates v. citizens. This is about fulfilling prophecies.

Corporate greed is and has always been bad. To be honest, really the top 1% control Wall Street and some of them are not even really known by Wall Street. Same for the FED. Rappers are just pawns, you guys been knowing this, so it's no surprise they are doing this when this is what they are paid to do. It's part of their job.
  • Bully_Pulpit
    Bully_Pulpit Members Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/1D004716DFF67F38?artistid=1620810&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=3

this is ? disgusting though.....this is the local jay z kanye concert ticket pricing. The ? they need the cheapest seat for $145 before taxes and fees for? There are bands than have 5+ people are inducted into hall of fames and tour with another big time act and you pay less. Greedy ass ? .....as kanye said "the prettiest people do the ugliest things for the road road to riches and diamond rings"

Lol are you really ? about ticket sales? How bout Kanye is just as every bit of part of the beast(the system) as us but he is in a position to wake up masses of people yet he doesnt. Thats why I dont respect kanye, ? a ticket sale. Hes just there for publicity, after the protests are over he will board his private jet and write a new rhyme about how much better than you he is cause he got paper. ? KANYE and ? the music game in general, them ? is the epitome of fake.
  • Bully_Pulpit
    Bully_Pulpit Members Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options

Corporate greed is and has always been bad. To be honest, really the top 1% control Wall Street and some of them are not even really known by Wall Street. Same for the FED. Rappers are just pawns, you guys been knowing this, so it's no surprise they are doing this when this is what they are paid to do. It's part of their job.

this post is drippin with truth
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited October 2011
    Options

You know whats up! The prophecies are being fulfilled to the letter! All these things must come to pass. The stage has to be set in order for the final act to commence. The grand finale is almost here, thus the 9 o'clock hour is upon us!

But sadly so many people are blind to the obvious truths that are being displayed in front of our faces DAY after Day after Day! For many sad souls the truth will only be realized when they are rounded up in rail cars and being hauled off to death camps!

Babylon must fall first and then the mark of the beast comes! Babylon is the tool that the beast uses in order to perfect his plan. The New World Order starts here and then spreads to the entire world! The prophecies paint the picture in such detail that the painting can already be seen today! The colors will be added real soon and sadly for many their own blood will be used for it! Why? Because they refused to hear the truth!
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I see nothing wrong with a rich person having sympathy for the desperately poor and disenfranchised. Martin Luther King Jr had money (not sure he was a millionaire but he was far from broke) and still marched for civil and economic justice. Kanye grew up around poor people, so I see no reason why he can't sympathize with the poor. I'm not homeless, but I feel for the homeless......having a heart and caring for those less fortunate knows no dollar or economic status. Otherwise, Bill Gates wouldn't donate so much money to Africa every year to fight hunger and diseases.

Props to Kanye and Russel Simmons for marching with the protestors, economic justice (hopefully) will be a bigger topic in politics soon.
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    people complain about stars not showing support for causes all the time... and when they do...

plus russell simmons richer than him and no one saying anything cause he a yogi
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options

Supply and demand lol.......Kanye still has donated to many charities and so has Russell. He's not a bad guy just because his concert promoters want to charge an arm and a leg for Jay and Kanye's concerts. I work security in a building filled with doctors and nurses, who all obviously have great money, and some of them wear Occupy Wall Street pins on their shirts. The cost of BASICS is too high, including housing, food, and rent. Going to a concert is a luxury......I have no problem with luxuries being expensive. But the basics should never be out of reach for the middle class and poor.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited October 2011
    Options
    He's not a bad guy just because his concert promoters want to charge an arm and a leg for Jay and Kanye's concerts.
    counterpoint: there are artists who make it a point to not have expensive concerts. if he really wanted them to be cheap, it could be done.

but that being said, he's equally entitled to profit from making solid albums. so it is what it is.
  • Hustle Crow
    Hustle Crow Members Posts: 133
    edited October 2011
    Options

Rappers eating off shows now. With the way record sales looking it would make sense, sucks but that's how most these dudes getting there money off music.
  • memphis
    memphis Members Posts: 201
    edited October 2011
    Options

People will pay that though. So boycott their concerts if ya wanna send a msg.

Create a diss song about greedy ass rappers, it would be like 50's how to rob. You could diss everyone and their mom
  • Manik Sona
    Manik Sona Members Posts: 350
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I subscribe to this theory

I'm going to have to agree here!
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    what? no illuminati posts? yall slippin
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited October 2011
    Options
    MSNBC Analyst Says Donny Deutsch Occupy Wall Street Needs A 'Kent State' Moment

(yeah it's not fox news this time) SMH

They getting out of control now! This will lead to violence eventually! They already calling for it! Look at the evidence! It speaks for itself!

It's only beginning though. Next year is going to be crazy! Election year! The year of the rumor! G-8 meeting in Chi-town!

Babylon is getting ready for her fall! It's at the doors! How can anybody not see the signs that are so clearly painted on the wall? It just baffles me to see people continually deny that there isn't something going on! How foolish can you be? Oh that's right, ? tells.

"The fool says in his heart, 'There is no ? .'" Psalm 14:1

SMH. When you get tossed into a fema camp and slaughtered your gonna despise all the days you forsook knowledge and clinged to lies.
  • redhandedbandit
    redhandedbandit Members Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    who is paying these occupy wall street peoples bills
  • deeroc22
    deeroc22 Members Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    You're an idiot, I swear.

If Warren Buffet can inspire this whole anti-Wall Street/wealthy-are-underTAXED mindset, then....why the fucc can't Kanye join?? Why the fucc Kanye can't feel like he's undertaxed?

If you don't treat BUFFET THIS WAY, for denouncing Wall Street and denouncing Bush tax-breaks-for-the-wealthy, then....get up off of Kanye!

? i cosigned 2012!
  • whodatkool1
    whodatkool1 Members Posts: 10
    edited October 2011
    Options
    This is Real ? here......it should be more eyes on this one......
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I could give a ? less bout this "movement" I will say its cool to see the opposite of a Tea Party Organize but thats about it.