what happens to a christian who commits suicide???

Options
KLICHE
KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
according to the christian teachings??? as last night someone i know committed suicide and is of the christian faith???

Comments

• Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    they die..........
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    As far as I was taught back in the church, you go to hell because you selfishly ended your life on your terms. It's suppose to be gods. Something like that..
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    If they were a genuine born-again believer they will be saved according to the scriptures. There is no sin that Jesus didn't die for, that includes suicide. His blood covers all sin if you confess that He is Lord and if you believe in your heart that ? raised Him from the dead. The word of ? states that there is only one unpardonable sin and that is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. Suicide is not that.

One of my best friends committed suicide a few years ago and I believe he was saved. But somehow the enemy, who is the deceiver of all people, got into his mind and deceived him. Thus he took his life with a shot to the head. No warning. No note. No nothing. Only questions remained. We were just talking about the Lord a few days prior and had been for months . So I can only assume that the enemy tricked him.

"Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of ? ." 1 Corinthians 4:5

When Jesus Christ comes we will see things for what they truly are and everything will be made straight. I don't consign anybody to hell because only ? truly knows where that person is once they pass over. All judgment comes from Jesus, thus He is the only one with the right to give eternal life or to deny eternal life. Amen.
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Well...who is a Christian? Many people claim it but it doesn't mean they are. The issue of a Christian committing suicide is a very tricky one to answer for it seems to suggest maybe there is "moral" privilege to it; that if a Christian can ? themselves, then there is a right to it...just like everyone else who has apart from any religious influences. Personally, I like to believe that those who say they are Christian and do this were not Christians at all.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited October 2011
    Options
    KLICHE wrote: »
    according to the christian teachings??? as last night someone i know committed suicide and is of the christian faith???
    theories on this may vary depending on what kind of Christian you're talking to
  • judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    If they were a genuine born-again believer they will be saved according to the scriptures. There is no sin that Jesus didn't die for, that includes suicide. His blood covers all sin if you confess that He is Lord and if you believe in your heart that ? raised Him from the dead. The word of ? states that there is only one unpardonable sin and that is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. Suicide is not that.

One of my best friends committed suicide a few years ago and I believe he was saved. But somehow the enemy, who is the deceiver of all people, got into his mind and deceived him. Thus he took his life with a shot to the head. No warning. No note. No nothing. Only questions remained. We were just talking about the Lord a few days prior and had been for months . So I can only assume that the enemy tricked him.

"Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of ? ." 1 Corinthians 4:5

When Jesus Christ comes we will see things for what they truly are and everything will be made straight. I don't consign anybody to hell because only ? truly knows where that person is once they pass over. All judgment comes from Jesus, thus He is the only one with the right to give eternal life or to deny eternal life. Amen.

If suicide is the sin then how can you confess "Jesus is Lord"
    and believe ANYTHING in your heart?

I mean by that logic everybody might as well do whatever the ? kind of wicked ? they want to and just make that confession and have that belief right befor they die. By that logic it would probably ony be about 100 people in hell tops..And what about all the people on little remote islands and ? who never heard of Jesus but ? themselves?

Im just saying....

Perversions of what is Truth like the stuff you kicking gives atheists plenty ammunition.
  • chilly
    chilly Members Posts: 1,206 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    alissowack wrote: »
    Well...who is a Christian? Many people claim it but it doesn't mean they are. The issue of a Christian committing suicide is a very tricky one to answer for it seems to suggest maybe there is "moral" privilege to it; that if a Christian can ? themselves, then there is a right to it...just like everyone else who has apart from any religious influences. Personally, I like to believe that those who say they are Christian and do this were not Christians at all.

i feel the same way about radical extremist and muslims, but people don't want to hear that. you can claim something, but if your actions don't support it, you aren't really that imo.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited October 2011
    Options
    judahxulu wrote: »
    If suicide is the sin then how can you confess "Jesus is Lord"
    and believe ANYTHING in your heart?

I mean by that logic everybody might as well do whatever the ? kind of wicked ? they want to and just make that confession and have that belief right befor they die. By that logic it would probably ony be about 100 people in hell tops..And what about all the people on little remote islands and ? who never heard of Jesus but ? themselves?

Im just saying....

Perversions of what is Truth like the stuff you kicking gives atheists plenty ammunition.

Salvation is given at the moment that you confess Jesus Christ as Lord and believe in your heart that ? raised Him from the dead. After confession is made unto salvation the Holy Spirit is given to that person for an eternal seal of redemption. So from that moment on a person has truly believed in Christ, and thus they are guaranteed eternal life. John 3:16 states this.

Also, Nothing can separate a Christian from ? ’s love.

"38For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, 39Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of ? , which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
    Romans 8:38-39

If no “created thing” can separate a Christian from ? ’s love, and even a Christian who commits suicide is a “created thing,” then not even suicide can separate a Christian from ? ’s love. Jesus died for all of our sins, and if a true Christian, in a time of spiritual attack and weakness, commits suicide, that would still be a sin covered by the blood of Christ.

? paid it all my brother. To say that suicide is unforgivable is unscriptural. The only unpardonable sin in the entire word of ? is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. Suicide is not in that category. So I don't believe that it's right to automatically consign a "professing christian" to eternal damnation even if they committed suicide. Only ? truly knew their heart at the time of their death. So only He has the right to judge such matters. All we are doing is speculating regardless.
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Salvation is given at the moment that you confess Jesus Christ as Lord and believe in your heart that ? raised Him from the dead. After confession is made unto salvation the Holy Spirit is given to that person for an eternal seal of redemption. So from that moment on a person has truly believed in Christ, and thus they are guaranteed eternal life. John 3:16 states this.

Also, Nothing can separate a Christian from ? ’s love.

"38For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, 39Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of ? , which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
    Romans 8:38-39

If no “created thing” can separate a Christian from ? ’s love, and even a Christian who commits suicide is a “created thing,” then not even suicide can separate a Christian from ? ’s love. Jesus died for all of our sins, and if a true Christian, in a time of spiritual attack and weakness, commits suicide, that would still be a sin covered by the blood of Christ.

? paid it all my brother. To say that suicide is unforgivable is unscriptural. The only unpardonable sin in the entire word of ? is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. Suicide is not in that category. So I don't believe that it's right to automatically consign a "professing christian" to eternal damnation even if they committed suicide. Only ? truly knew their heart at the time of their death. So only He has the right to judge such matters. All we are doing is speculating regardless.

You really ought to be careful how you present this. It sounds more like you are promoting suicide. There is something wrong when someone takes their own life regardless, so to dress it up this way makes Christianity no different from Islam. Hey, cults have sworn by the Bible for the homicides of their day...and another thing, this type of thing reminds me of how Satan tried to convince Jesus to do something by quoting scripture himself. The truth is still subjected to man's perspective on it.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited October 2011
    Options
    alissowack wrote: »
    You really ought to be careful how you present this. It sounds more like you are promoting suicide. There is something wrong when someone takes their own life regardless, so dress it up this way makes Christianity no different from Islam. Hey, cults have sworn by the Bible for the homicides of their day...and another thing, this type of thing reminds me of how Satan tried to convince Jesus to do something by quoting scripture himself. The truth is still subjected to man's perspective on it.

Forgive me if I was coming off as Suicide being ok and promoting it as a righteous act. I just wanted to give an objective answer. The bottom line is that if you are not born-again you will not enter into the kingdom of ? . And I can't judge who is and who is not born again, only ? can. Matthew 7:21-23 says it all.

"21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

So there will be many people on the outside looking in on that day. Even people who thought they were righteous and saved. But that's why ? says we must work out our own salvation with fear and trembling. Amen.
  • KLICHE
    KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Some really good points brought up from everyone. Appreciate the feedback.
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    lol. it makes no difference how he went out.
  • akomax
    akomax Members Posts: 483 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options