The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virgina

Options
VIBE
VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Shoot-outs, robberies, gas-huffing , drug dealing, pill popping, murders, and tap dancing - what do these all have in common? These are just a few of the parts of being a member of the Wild and Wonderful White Family. The legendary family is as known for their wild, excessive criminal ways as they are for their famous mountain dancing members, including Jesco White, the star of the cult classic documentary, Dancing Outlaw. Exploring both the comic and tragic sides of life on the other side of the law, this stylish, fast-paced family portrait exposes the powerful forces of corruption, poverty, and West Virginia's environmentally and culturally devastating coal mining culture that helped shape the White family, a dying breed of outlaws preserving a dying form of dance.

Has anyone seen this? It's a documentary on the White family and I've never heard of them until now and this film is disgusting, nauseating, vile, shocking, sad just overall ? up. I've never seen such a dysfunctional family that's so ? in the head.

Comments

• VIBE
    edited October 2011
    Options
    heyslick wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised when the democratic party uses this video. Don't MOST if not everyone within this site think all white people look and act like those hillbillies above?

Well, they probably will after seeing it. I know there's ? up people and families but damn, I've never seen a family like this one.

What are your thoughts on the film? (assuming you've seen it)
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Haha sounds very interesting, I'll do some research on them once I finish eating my dinner.......
  • VIBE
    edited October 2011
    Options
    It's not disgusting as, "ew, that's disgusting to the eyes". It's disgusting the way they carry themselves and raise their children. For ? sake the lady who was pregnant gave birth and right after, in the hospital on the table, she snorts a line with her baby in the room. Baby ended up testing positive for drugs.

Just seriously that's disturbing to me. Yes I know it happens but I've never SEEN it. That family just needs to be living on an island of their own.
  • VIBE
    edited October 2011
    Options
    It's not about race though, it's about a FAMILY with the LAST NAME WHITE. So why are you trying to flip this around?
  • VIBE
    edited October 2011
    Options
    actually, the title, is not about Race...but the theme of the piece is certainly about Race aka White Privilege;

No Black family, ever, could have carried on this way without being murdered by law enforcement or imprisoned, for decades....as career criminals & burdens to A Progressive society. No way possible, they'd be allowed to profit off of this lifestyle.

Nah, I disagree. These guys are only being the "center of attention" because of their history with the other families, they knew the Hatfields and McCoys and I think were involved with them in whatever....

That's "hillbilly history", also, I'm not so sure they doing much profiting as well. Sure they got paid for this, but they sell drugs and all that junk, WV don't even really like 'em lol
  • VIBE
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Also, the only reason I posted this in here was because I knew it would flip into this. I was just wanting to see if anyone seen this ? , oh well, it'll make a good thread now.
  • fullfledged
    fullfledged Members Posts: 238
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Seems like the death of the pops sent them on a crazy path
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Crackas...? , same ? different color,
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    heyslick wrote: »
    I'm curious how are those entities one in the same?

Ignorance is universal. Low class blacks and low class whites act alike. That's why low class whites hate black people so much, because they know they are no better than us and unlike rich whites they can't use money as some kind of evidence that they are.