what kind of discipline did you have growing up

Options
needmorecash
needmorecash Members Posts: 253
edited October 2011 in The Social Lounge
just curious what kind of discipline you had coming up

did you get that @ss beat or were you put on restriction etc. . .

mom stop doing the beatings when they stop hurting. .

dad would either punch us in the chest or we got the belt treatment

always with the same belt, no extension cords or anything else. . .we did something wrong we got that ass beat.
and tried not to look mad or we might get beat again. . then we go back to playing

never really had punishments or restrictions . . .just a @ss whooping and it righted all wrongs

Comments

• nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    the belt and chancleta from mom dukes... pops never punished me for anything.
  • C.Melendez
    C.Melendez Members Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    whatever moms can get her hands on pretty much ...she wasn't home enough to do restrictions. my uncle would beat our ass but sometimes he'll make us go do some push ups that seemed like forever along with some windsprints
  • Well Got Dam
    Well Got Dam Members Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    let me see......pops had a 1ft long stick with his name and address on that ? would whoop my ass with that, or just get a nice thick leather belt and whoop my ass
    then when he was done whooping my ass i had to get on my knees while holding two big ass books in my hand for and hour or two or stand up with my arms up in the air for the same length of time

? that ? boxed me a couple times

torture chamber ass ? my pop's
  • needmorecash
    edited October 2011
    Options
    DAMITT wrote: »
    let me see......pops had a 1ft long stick with his name and address on that ? would whoop my ass with that, or just get a nice thick leather belt and whoop my ass
    then when he was done whooping my ass i had to get on my knees while holding two big ass books in my hand for and hour or two or stand up with my arms up in the air for the same length of time

? that ? boxed me a couple times

torture chamber ass ? my pop's

a stick with his name on it?... woe. .. he sound seriuos as hell. then made you endure some kind of resistance training . .
    it sound bad, but not too too extreme i guess. .. depends who judging ..

how did you feel about that then and how do you feel about that now. . .. do you just look at that as discipline/love or do you have some resentment
    do you discipline yours the same way now?
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    *no daddy post*.....had a step dad after a while but u know he couldnt tell a ? ? ! lol....yeah i just got the restriction method until i was like 15...then they was like ? it this lil dude gone do what he do....thats when i dropped out smh
  • Well Got Dam
    edited October 2011
    Options
    eddie2time wrote: »
    a stick with his name on it?... woe. .. he sound seriuos as hell. then made you endure some kind of resistance training . .
    it sound bad, but not too too extreme i guess. .. depends who judging ..

how did you feel about that then and how do you feel about that now. . .. do you just look at that as discipline/love or do you have some resentment
    do you discipline yours the same way now?

shhhhhhhhhhhit back then i hated that ? .........mom and pops was born and raised in Haiti guess thats how they do it there.........but if i didn't get my ass beat i wouldn't be the ? who i am today......ain't got no kids yet, but i will beat they ass if they ? up whenever i do decide to have childern not to the extreme my pop's did me and my brothers though that ? would be called child abuse now probably then..........but no resentment!

oooh yeah that ? stop beating my ass when i didn't cry like a lil ? anymore......instead giving me these long ass lectures, rather get the beatings
  • needmorecash
    edited October 2011
    Options
    only reason i thought of this thread was a post on worldstarhiphop/youtube i seen with the family last night

father recorded himself disciplining his son, my cuz said he got sentenced to 10 years in jail for child abuse?

the discipline included. . cursing, a butt naked @ss whooping, football drills, then he also cut his eye brows off and half shaved his head to further humiliate him in front of his peers.
    not sure what the kid did, some kind of acting up in school. being a comedian maybe idk..
  • chilly
    chilly Members Posts: 1,206 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    the belt and chancleta from mom dukes... pops never punished me for anything.

lol i got hit with a sandal before as a kid. it was mostly the belt though. i got good at not getting caught after a while.
  • needmorecash
    edited October 2011
    Options
    HAF BAYKED wrote: »
    *no daddy post*.....had a step dad after a while but u know he couldnt tell a ? ? ! lol....yeah i just got the restriction method until i was like 15...then they was like ? it this lil dude gone do what he do....thats when i dropped out smh

i blocked the step daddy ? out., dayum . . we had real problems with him. . . if he was still alive, i think me and my brother would fight about who would ? him
    forgot all about that ? for a minute. . hope i dont take it out on nobody today
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    i blocked the step daddy ? out., dayum . . we had real problems with him. . . if he was still alive, i think me and my brother would fight about who would ? him
    forgot all about that ? for a minute. . hope i dont take it out on nobody today

damn......i dont wanna know
  • TimroD
    TimroD Confirm Email Posts: 1,685 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    none really
    didnt have a father and moms was busy
  • nujerz84
    edited October 2011
    Options
    chilly wrote: »
    lol i got hit with a sandal before as a kid. it was mostly the belt though. i got good at not getting caught after a while.

She threw that ? with batman like accuracy throwing a batarang from across the room...
  • needmorecash
    edited October 2011
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    She threw that ? with batman like accuracy throwing a batarang from across the room...

no doubt mamma got skills,, she can hear everything. words not even spoken.
    do you use the same form of discipline on your kids or in your relationships
  • whodatkool1
    whodatkool1 Members Posts: 10
    edited October 2011
    Options
    got beat w/ any an everything ma dukes could find belt,shoe, etc...........u name got beat w/ it .lol.....my kids get it the same way..lol
  • nujerz84
    edited October 2011
    Options
    no doubt mamma got skills,, she can hear everything. words not even spoken.
    do you use the same form of discipline on your kids or in your relationships

no...I dont have kids....
  • Well Got Dam
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    i got spanked up until i was too big for it
    then i started getting grounded

grounding is ? made tho

never got grounded.....but sometimes pops would put me in the hot ass garage and make me study my times tables are read a book or some other academic ? .........cheap ass ? wouldn't even turn the lights on in there though had to use natural light from the small ass window too the garage back door
  • Well Got Dam
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    lol
    your dad is str8 ghetto

I got it pretty easy tbh tho
    my dad's dad was paralyzed from the waist down for part of his life
    he used to beat my pops with crutches

sorry your grandpa was paralyzed............ but that ? reads funny as ?
  • lighthearted25
    lighthearted25 Members Posts: 1,307
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I had privileges taken away and I was spanked.
  • Well Got Dam
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I had privileges taken away and I was spanked.

well u a female.....yall usually don't get yo ass beat
  • lighthearted25
    lighthearted25 Members Posts: 1,307
    edited October 2011
    Options
    DAMITT wrote: »
    well u a female.....yall usually don't get yo ass beat

My mom threw high heel shoes at me and whooped me naked with a belt or just her hand. Not on the regular but I remember that ? . I deserved it though.
  • Madbeats
    Madbeats Members Posts: 544
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I used to get grounded and a few times whooped pretty good. I guess that isn't too strict but seemed devestating at the time.
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I received various beatings. All they taught me was to be more inconspicuous and to pretend that I felt guilt/remorse.

But yeh, the pain wasn't a big deal for me, I'd think "Well they're not going to ? me, and if they do ? me, I'll be dead and I won't care."
  • bbwthick23
    bbwthick23 Members Posts: 954 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Discipline is unknown to me. I only know abuse
  • GeeGeeMaria
    GeeGeeMaria Members Posts: 40
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I got a few, well deserved beatings here and there. They definitely kept me in line, had me thinking twice before getting into any mischief.
  • ustreet_monsta
    ustreet_monsta Members Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    None.

I was raised by my grandparents and was smart enough/ respectful enough to do my dirt away from home.